Question How to flash stock firmware/ROM obtained from Asus website?

Search This thread

palamosteliaro

Jan 14, 2009
The instructions said to choose the zip from recovery, but stock recovery doesn't have an option to "install from zip". I only managed to flash the stock firmware after installing twrp.

Flashing a working device? Just copy to root dir and reboot.
That's also what instructions said, but I never got the notification you are supposed to get. Also, we are more likely to want to flash the stock firmware on a non-working device and I really can't find how we are supposed to do it with stock firmware.

For the updatenotification you maybe have to activate something like "apply updates on reboots / automatic updates" in developer options.
If the device only boots to fastboot you need a raw firmware file with the flashall.bat (I think it was WW-AI2202-32.2004.2004.84-REL-2206-M2.13.33.11-ASUS_1.1.1-user-20220722.zip for example). You can find it on romdevelopers.

Veiranx

Dec 2, 2020
Moto G Power
Google Pixel 5
All I had to do was take the firmware zip, plop it into my 'home' directory (i.e. not the actual root directory!), and I got the notification that an update was available via that zip. Standard installation after that.

I had and continue to have root access through Magisk, though I did have to apply that 'after update' magisk function before rebooting to complete the update. Rebooting without doing that loses your root access.

Windoors

Jan 29, 2018
ok this will update the phone but if a phone was bricked, does any stock ROM file exist that can be flashed via fastboot?
Or is there a script which can be used to flash the contents inside payload.bin through fastboot? there are lots of files if payload.bin is extracted, not sure if everything it meant to be flashed?

Reactions: palamosteliaro

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok this will update the phone but if a phone was bricked, does any stock ROM file exist that can be flashed via fastboot?
    Or is there a script which can be used to flash the contents inside payload.bin through fastboot? there are lots of files if payload.bin is extracted, not sure if everything it meant to be flashed?