How To Flash The AKU 3.3 Update

Search This thread

mousey_

Oct 30, 2006
Birmingham
For All You Retards Who Can't/Won't Read The Wikki Heres How To Flash Just The OS File And The Ext Rom.

First Of All Your Device Must Be SuperCID To Do This Otherwise It Just Won't Work. I'm Assuming You All Know How To Do That So Theres No Need To Explain.

First Of All You Need To Get This File And Extract It On Your PC.
ftp://ftp.xda-developers.com/Hermes/Cooked_ROMs/SPL-1.01MFG_Pack.zip

Now You Then Need To Follow These Instructions. (WHEN USING MTTY YOU HAVE TO TYPE ALL OF THE COMMAND DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THEM AS IT DOESN'T WORK)

1.Put hermes in bootloader mode (side ok + power button + softreset)

2.Connect Hermes to computer using USB cable.

3.Open mtty.exe, select "USB" from the dialog box, then hit Ok.

4.Hit enter twice and you'll see the "USB>" prompt.

5.Then type these commands: (note the use of 'lnb*s*')

USB>task 32
Level = 0
USB> lnbs SPL-1.01.nbs 50020000
USB> task 8

6.Device will reboot after this, with bootloader 1.01-MFG on it.

Next Download The AKU 3.3 Update Of Your Choice From The FTP.

Open The .exe File With A Program Like WinRar And Extract The nbh File In There. There Will Only Be One With The Extension .nbh

Now Download The NBHextract Program And Extract The ROM Contents.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=289830

1. Open A Command Prompt In Windows

2. Change To The Directory With NBHextract In It.

3. Type This Command At The Command Prompt
C:\> NBHextract.exe <NBH File Name>.nbh

4. Make Sure That RUU_signed.nbh Is In The Same Folder As NBHextract. Also Change The <NBH File Name> To Whatever Your File Is Called.

Finally You Can Flash The Extracted OS.nb and ExtROM Files To Your Hermes Using These Instructions.

For The OS.nb File

5.Then type these commands: (note the use of 'lnb', without 's')

USB> task 32
USB> task 28
USB> lnb OS.nb
USB> task 28
USB> task 8

And For The ExtROM file

5.Then type these commands: (note the use of 'lnb', without 's')

USB> task 32
USB> lnb ExtROM.nb 57500000
USB> task 8

All Credit Goes To Pof For The Instructions I Have Mearley Collated Them Into One Place, For Those To Lazy To Go Looking For Them. Enjoy The New AKU.

Cheers

Last edited:

suineg

Jan 13, 2007
San Diego, CA
I did it this way to save time and had no issues.

It saves the multiple reboots since after this you need to install HTCtweak to get the extrom back so you can put the files you need it and then reboot etc etc...... so I saved myself a good 45 sec to a minute :)

USB> task 32
USB> lnb ExtROM.nb 57500000
USB> task 28
USB> lnb OS.nb
USB> task 28
USB> task 8

Inphyy

Sep 21, 2006
Stavanger
Stuck?

So this is my firs time flashing a rom via mtty, and i was just wondering, is there supposed to be some kinda progress bar/info of some kind after this line:

start NB image download

or ist it just gonna sit there for the usual ?hour?

edit: Never mind, a little filename glitch

Last edited:

echoz

Dec 4, 2006
Long Island City
Then you might never be able to do individual Radio ROM upgrades ever again because most of the AKU3.3 updates come with Radio ROMs that have HTCBOOT 1008 which doesn't allow individual Radio ROM Upgrades.

Last edited:

centvin

Dec 13, 2006
Toulouse
When you say "most of the AKU 3.3 roms", are we sure this is the case for this one?
What is the way to see it? :confused:

Thanks!

mikeruoc

Feb 24, 2006
Dallas
If you flash the whole thing you should be able to go to the official Cingular Rom right? Guess you still need to CID first?

wpbear

Nov 27, 2006
Columbus, GA
Then you might never be able to do individual Radio ROM upgrades ever again because most of the AKU3.3 updates come with Radio ROMs that have HTCBOOT 1008 which doesn't allow individual Radio ROM Upgrades.

If it is SuperCID already he can Flash an entire previous ROM to get the old HTCBOOT 1007. Still better to do it manually so you can get the Best AKU/ROM/Radio and BL combo since each BEST one comes from somewhere different.

BTW to OP this is great post and hopefully will stop some pointless threads.

All5tars

Dec 21, 2006
Doncaster
Thanks... I got Stuck... But I was going to change back to 1.04 and was going to give up... But i noticed in the SPL-1.01MFG_Pack folder there were *.nb files for 1.01 and 1.04... So for one last hurrah I stuck the 06_OS.nb file in there and tried again... To my suprise it worked...

caswell

Dec 24, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
www.geekmatrix.com
Umm.... Going on 30 minutes now...

I've been flashing my device for about 30 minutes now... and it's stuck at this point... There's no progress bar... no indication that it's doing anything.... Did I brick my phone?

Please help...

Mtty.exe
====================
USB>task 32
Level = 0
USB>task 28
Storage format start

Write Nand Success

dwBlockToWrite = 13

Storage start block: 461

Storage Total block: 475

Total Bad Block in CE: 0

NeedToEraseBlockStart: 474

Storage format success

USB>lnb OS.nb
:F=OS.nb
:A=501A0000
:O=00000000
:L=FFFFFFFF

start NB image download
==============================

The cursor just continues to blink at this point... and the bootloader continues to show MFG SPL-1.01... Is this normal...should I just continue to wait? should I try again... should I reflash a different rom?

Please help... Thank you in advance...

Mark

caswell

Dec 24, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
www.geekmatrix.com
NEVERMIND!!

I'm sorry... I failed to recognize the name of the file was 06_OS.nb.. Renamed the file to OS.nb and it is showing the progress indicator now... My apologies...

Excellent FAQ's and Wiki... Thank you all.

Now I'm crossing my fingers for that GPS to come through...

Mark

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
Hey people, i understand the frustration of people asking the same thing over again but ive had a few people asking me about this aswell IRL,

Having got settled with the ROM/Ext ROM/Radio etc... that are on my Hermes would adding the AKU3.3 update be advisable right now??

Also if i/we go ahead with this update will it require a full wipe of the device again (ie same as when a new ROM is put on)??

P.S: What are the benefits?

DiLioPi

Mar 14, 2006
Sammamish, WA
There is an English version: ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.co...C_WWE_2.05.255.1_6275_1.34.00.10_108_Test.exe

If you are willing to upgrade just the ROM itself, I think it's worth it. This new 2.05 ROM has AKU 3.3 and it's very fast compared to any other ones. I'm currently running Swedish 2.05 ROM and patched it to English. Soon, I'll be flashing it to English 2.05. Full ROM upgrade (by double clicking the .exe file) is not recommended.

Last edited: