How to flash the boot.IMG??

Search This thread

Sinistah_

Mar 19, 2011
How do you flash the boot.IMG in fastboot? I cannot figure it out.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

maek_it_happen

Sep 2, 2009
Go to this thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1752270

Scroll to second post on first page , this will tell you how to install adb and fastboot(that's the hard part) , once your done this you will need to back to the first post then follow from there
Sent From Me

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Just so you know if you go to the development section and on the XDA app you will see there are three tabs at the top ....one says topics one says stickies one says announce. If you click the stickies tab there are all the tutorials , guides , and FAQs you need . Make sure you are in the dev section then click the stickies tab ......

Sent From Me

Reactions: Sinistah_

Sinistah_

Mar 19, 2011
So there's no other way to do this other than using a computer?
Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

maek_it_happen

Sep 2, 2009
Unless we get s-off , I think a cp is needed .....

The Rom I'm running does have ota updates though ...

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

Reactions: Sinistah_

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
This "S-off" thing is a big disappointment I am supposed to get my One S tomorrow but now I don't think I want it. Locked bootloaders suck lol. I thought everyone says HTC One S is the best phone and better than Samsung Lmao I don't see how but I guess I will see...

Sinistah_

Mar 19, 2011
This "S-off" thing is a big disappointment I am supposed to get my One S tomorrow but now I don't think I want it. Locked bootloaders suck lol. I thought everyone says HTC One S is the best phone and better than Samsung Lmao I don't see how but I guess I will see...

no s off seems to be a pain
other than that this phone does rule

Phone: One S
ROM: AOKP JB

maek_it_happen

Sep 2, 2009

The only pain is for all you crack flashers that flash 5 roms a day (which is ridiculous)....and not having s off doesn't make it that much more time consuming to flash a Rom , all the roms have a boot IMG script that does all the commands for you , so if you already have fastboot and adb on your cp (wich you should if you flash roms) it is a minor issue ....

Sent from me

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
I got my answer from someone who owns both the gnex and the one s. The galaxy nexus rules. US crack flashers like to be able to flash whenever we want to or when we need to. Especially if I am away and a ROM isn't running as it should or if a kernel is buggy it's always nice to be a crack flasher. Opinions are like assholes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Go to this thread

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1752270

Scroll to second post on first page , this will tell you how to install adb and fastboot(that's the hard part) , once your done this you will need to back to the first post then follow from there
    Sent From Me

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Just so you know if you go to the development section and on the XDA app you will see there are three tabs at the top ....one says topics one says stickies one says announce. If you click the stickies tab there are all the tutorials , guides , and FAQs you need . Make sure you are in the dev section then click the stickies tab ......

Sent From Me
    Unless we get s-off , I think a cp is needed .....

The Rom I'm running does have ota updates though ...

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium