• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[HOW TO] Flash U1 firmware on F device... is it possible?

Search This thread

karlivanr

Sep 7, 2019
So hello guys! I just bought a used Galaxy S9 after almost 3 years with my iPhone 7. I'm so happy to be back with Android since my phone before iP7 was the Galaxy S5. But unfortunately it was locked to a carrier in the Philippines (cause I'm from here so it's Globe locked). I've done some rooting and stuff with my S5 before and flashing firmware so doing this again might need some familiarizing.

I've done some slight research and somehow I didn't find any, or maybe I wasn't looking hard enough. There were different versions of the G960 but the one I easily familiarized with was the U and U1 which were the locked and unlocked versions...

Is it possible to unlock my phone by flashing a firmware? My model number is SM-G960F btw... thanks guys!

Last edited:

Youdoofus

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Feb 21, 2011
Sioux Falls, SD
Samsung Galaxy S9
So hello guys! I just bought a used Galaxy S9 after almost 3 years with my iPhone 7. I'm so happy to be back with Android since my phone before iP7 was the Galaxy S5. But unfortunately it was locked to a carrier in the Philippines (cause I'm from here so it's Globe locked). I've done some rooting and stuff with my S5 before and flashing firmware so doing this again might need some familiarizing.

I've done some slight research and somehow I didn't find any, or maybe I wasn't looking hard enough. There were different versions of the G960 but the one I easily familiarized with was the U and U1 which were the locked and unlocked versions...

Is it possible to unlock my phone by flashing a firmware? My model number is SM-G960F btw... thanks guys!

do not flash the U1 firmware on a G960F device! Teh F devices have the Exynos processor and the U versions have the snapdragon and are therefore incompatible regarding firmwares. The G960F is the international unlocked version. Go into the settings and factory reset it from within the operating system, download the latest G960F using the frija or samfirm tool with the modified Odin for your desired cell provider. Standard Odin will likely give you errors