[HOW TO] Flash U1 firmware to U device

Search This thread

Youdoofus

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2011
Sioux Falls, SD
Samsung Galaxy S9
The difference is having the devices IMEI in the carriers system. US Cellular and AT&T do the same as well, If they didn't sell it, they won't allow certain features to work on that device, no matter what.

yeah, thats just features tho. The carriers get the IMEI listings from the mfgs and are able to allocate them in the telephony system as they see fit, they just choose to not allocate full features to handsets they didnt sell. They have the right to do this, but this is surely a strategic maneuver. I wont claim to know what the MVNO's business models are, but its fairly safe to assume that they dont want a huge market share as they merely rent airspace from one of the big 4, and i cant imagine that the big 4 have that much bandwidth to spare so that its competition can cannibalize its own physical infrastructure.

tailgunner9

Apr 8, 2012
Jackson, Tn.
I have ATT S10+ with sim unlocked. Want to try U1 firmware but want to keep my VoLTE & Wifi calling!!!
So which files to I flash to keep them, CSC or Home CSC???

arc1976

Feb 13, 2021
Hey, I am trying to flash U1 fimrware on T-mobile galaxy s9 G960U, when I use files provided in this thread(Odin3_v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD, G960U_RB7_1) the odin crashes. The phone runs on android 10. Please Help
1613248623419.png

jcsww

Hey, I am trying to flash U1 fimrware on T-mobile galaxy s9 G960U, when I use files provided in this thread(Odin3_v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD, G960U_RB7_1) the odin crashes. The phone runs on android 10. Please Help
View attachment 5220793

The image you are flashing must have the same or a newer bootloader version to successfully flash. The image you are flashing has bootloader version 1. Look at the last 5 characters if the firmware version currently on your device. 1ARB7, as an example, has bootloader version 1.

jrockz5000

Apr 5, 2018
What am I doing wrong with my S9 SM-G960U? My S9 is loaded from AT&T. I was able to flash it using Odin and firmware G960U1UES9FUG2_G960U1OYM9FUG2_XAA SM-G960U1 The flash works great but when I flash it again with the T-Mobile FW SM-G960U_TMB_G960USQS9FUG2 Odin states that is passed, the phone reboots but it reverted itself back to the AT&T FW. After flashing to the U1, I did enable DEV options and enabled USB Debugging before flashing with the TMO FW.

I see in the other post\responses that it is said that the boot loader has to be the same or newer as the original and as far as I'm aware they are.

Also, I'm not sure if it matters, but my One UI version is 2.5, Android 10

Last edited:

SNEEED

Oct 27, 2021
How do you even get it to work? I can't get past "Can't open the serial(COM) port." in odin 3.13.1 3b with my verizon unlocked g960u (G960USQS9FUG2)

Markeee

Sep 29, 2012
South Florida
Google Pixel 7 Pro
What happens if your on a U1 unlocked version running U1 firmware and you flash the U carrier version using Home CFC so not to wipe.?

Will it still factory reset going from U1 to U and will you still get all the carrier version mess and bloatware if you don't flash userdata ?

Lcdshop

Nov 23, 2021
hello! need help.
i have A11 which i flashed to a U1 version with success. now the phone is locked and i need the unlock app that was pre-installed on the original metro pcs u version.
with odin i installed a U version so i can get all these apps and now my phone is bootlooping.
any idea?

jcsww

hello! need help.
i have A11 which i flashed to a U1 version with success. now the phone is locked and i need the unlock app that was pre-installed on the original metro pcs u version.
with odin i installed a U version so i can get all these apps and now my phone is bootlooping.
any idea?
Flash it back to the full Metro firmware, get the device permanently unlocked, then flash it back to whatever firmware you want to be on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all, thanks to Raymonf (I dont know his XDA Username) for making these Odin files. This new version of modded Odin allows for flashing custom and official tars AND also compressed binaries, which Samsung will be using in all Odin firmwares from Oreo on.

Oh and doing this doesnt wipe data if you do exactly what I wrote below.

1. Download your devices firmware from below
    2. Enable USB debugging by going to settings > about phone > software info > click build number 7 times and enter your password
    3. Open command prompt on your PC and type adb reboot bootloader
    4. Open odin and select the AP, BL, CP, and HOME_CSC file in their corresponding locations
    5. Start it
    6. You are there!

To go back, do the exact same thing with the U firmware files!
    Hey guys, I'm kinda new to Samsung again, I had a S2 and later a S5, but things have changed since then a whole lot with the rooting not possible on Qualcomm units.

I want to get rid of the bloat but I don't want to trip Knox if there is actually no rooting right now so I want to ask again (it's been asked before, I know I know, and have read through every post here), will this trip Knox if I flash U1 firmware to my T-Mobile U phone? And secondly, Is there a specific rom/firmware version to flash depending on the latest firmware version on the phone?

I guess that someone would have had to do it to answer, I just don't want to risk the phone just yet, although I got half price by trading in my wife's S7 I still have a long way to go with this phone, hehehe.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1. It will not trip Knox
    2. 2nd post on this thread
    Try it with the other firmwares posted above, No reason it wouldn't work.

After flashing the u1 to my Verizon u

I got what I wanted, wifi calling

Then I used *#2263# but I really don't know how to use that mode so I just clicked enable all LTE

Rebooted and no boot animation from my carrier and visual voicemail also works.

Video calling does not but I think it has something to do with the phone/dialer that these firmware comes with.

Thanks for this everyone!!!!!!!
    Thanks a lot, quick question, i have an at&t "U" model, manage to install the U1 software (wanna get rid of all the at&t apps), everything its working just fine, but when an update comes to the U1 model, can i install it the regular way on odin, or do a need to follow this steps again??

here's the link i use from another post to dowload the system a bit faster: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=257047 greatings to the author.