• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question How to flash Xiaomi EU Weekly ?

Search This thread

laid1995

Aug 27, 2016
Apps & Games
Xiaomi Poco F3
I am on official 12.5.1 stock rom, TWRP installed, rooted.
I wanna know how can I flash the weekly Xiaomi EU without issues of bootloops or anything, so that later I can just download weekly updates and flash them using updater (Through TWRP)

Could anybody tell me about how to do it from scratch step by step, please?

reg66

Jan 7, 2007
Xiaomi Poco F3
as far as i'm aware, xiaomiEU weekly roms are twrp flashable. no need to reflash twrp after either, twrp is flashed along with rom. just flash directly over 12.5.1 (although i would do a factory reset first)

Reactions: laid1995

laid1995

Aug 27, 2016
Apps & Games
Xiaomi Poco F3
No factory reset need it. Just flash latest weekly and do a Format data (yes) before rebooting to system.
I was successfully able to flash it. Everything went smooth. But when I tried to flash the latest weekly. The updater ( after saying that my phone is encrypted which wasn't, I cancelled then did it again) took me to TWRP where I manually selected the lastest weekly. when the flashing was done, I tried to Reboot to system. It took me back to TWRP. Am I supposed to "Format Data" every time ?!!!
Is losing data necessary for every update !

Last edited:

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
I was successfully able to flash it. Everything went smooth. But when I tried to flash the latest weekly. The updater ( after saying that my phone is encrypted which wasn't, I cancelled then didn't it again) took me to TWRP where I manually selected the lastest weekly. when the flashing was done, I tried to Reboot to system. It took me back to TWRP. Am I supposed to "Format Data" every time ?!!!

When switch from stable to weekly, or weekly to stable, you need to format data.

Stable to stable, or weekly to weekly does not necessary need to format data.

Your case seems to be 12.5.1.0 stable stock to Xiaomi.eu weekly Rom, so need to format data.

Alin45 did told you to format data.

laid1995

Aug 27, 2016
Apps & Games
Xiaomi Poco F3
When switch from stable to weekly, or weekly to stable, you need to format data.

Your case seems to be 12.5.1.0 stable stock to Xiaomi.eu weekly Rom, so need to format data.

I think I can't really tell which is which. Well. initially I flashed "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.3.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11.zip" over the official 12.5.1. Which required Data format. Fine with that. But now when I tried to dirty flash "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.4.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11.zip" which was released yesterday. I had to Format Data to boot to system. I don't get it!
Is the weekly one with the date being part of the zip name ?

laid1995

Aug 27, 2016
Apps & Games
Xiaomi Poco F3
So this one is the stable one, not the weekly. Right !

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-06-19-13-19-31-551_com.android.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-06-19-13-19-31-551_com.android.updater.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: blackhawk

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
I think I can't really tell which is which. Well. initially I flashed "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.3.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11.zip" over the official 12.5.1. Which required Data format. Fine with that. But now when I tried to dirty flash "xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V12.5.4.0.RKHCNXM_v12-11.zip" which was released yesterday. I had to Format Data to boot to system. I don't get it!

Then complain to Xiaomi.eu

https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/56191/

They release the ROM, so they have to deal with your issue.

Those information written earlier were from here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/4267741/post-85199911

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/4267741/post-85178383

Only passing the info to you, so ask him Alin45, or ask Xiaomi.eu.

Last edited:

LiNe1771

Dec 18, 2014
Xiaomi Poco F3
You did something wrong. I was in 12.5.3 and I just flashed 12.5.4 and I didn't had to format data.

• Wow

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
If you keep flashing firmware something will go wrong... unless you're a developer or have good reasons to be constantly flashing I wouldn't take it so lightly. It's a sure fire way to instantly destroy a device and it opens you to the worst kinds of malware attacks.

mhammedali21

Jun 20, 2021
I was successfully able to flash it. The whole thing went smooth. But after I tried to flash the latest weekly. The updater ( after saying that my phone is encrypted which wasn't, I cancelled then did it once more) took me to TWRP wherein I manually selected the lastest weekly. Whilst the flashing changed into done, I attempted to Reboot to machine. It took me back to TWRP. Am I imagined to "layout facts" each time ?!!!
Is losing records important for every update !192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

Last edited:

michelD

Jan 12, 2009
Google Nexus 4
HTC Desire 820
Updating weekly updates without loosing your Data is now very simple with TWRP:
1. Download the new weekly update (xxx.zip)
2. Reboot to TWRP recovery and enter the same graphic scheme used to unlock your lockscreen.
3. In TWRP Install (flash) the downloaded weekly update with TWRP
4. If you want to (keep) root, flash last Magisk.zip
5. Wipe Dalvik (and nothing else)
6. Reboot to System
Done

I hope it helps.

laid1995

Aug 27, 2016
Apps & Games
Xiaomi Poco F3
Updating weekly updates without loosing your Data is now very simple with TWRP:
1. Download the new weekly update (xxx.zip)
2. Reboot to TWRP recovery and enter the same graphic scheme used to unlock your lockscreen.
3. In TWRP Install (flash) the downloaded weekly update with TWRP
4. If you want to (keep) root, flash last Magisk.zip
5. Wipe Dalvik (and nothing else)
6. Reboot to System
Done

I hope it helps.
Thanks. Now, I believe I'll have to do a clean flash since I'm on stable. I don't wanna lose data though. I'll try to back it up and recover it when finished flashing weekly.

michelD

Jan 12, 2009
Google Nexus 4
HTC Desire 820
Indeed, if you go from weekly developer to stable and vice-versa or to any custom ROM, you will have the wipe the Data.
The simplest way to restore your applications and associated data is to backup (and restore) all with Titanium (root) backup app.

saurabh9897

Sep 24, 2015
I flashed eu weekly rom in my mi 11x but noting changes .
Right now i am on xiomi.eu 12.5.4 STABLE.
Please guide me how to flash eu weekly rom in my mi 11x.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-14-21-06-04-755_com.android.settings[1].jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-14-21-06-04-755_com.android.settings[1].jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 6

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    as far as i'm aware, xiaomiEU weekly roms are twrp flashable. no need to reflash twrp after either, twrp is flashed along with rom. just flash directly over 12.5.1 (although i would do a factory reset first)
    No factory reset need it. Just flash latest weekly and do a Format data (yes) before rebooting to system.
    I was successfully able to flash it. Everything went smooth. But when I tried to flash the latest weekly. The updater ( after saying that my phone is encrypted which wasn't, I cancelled then didn't it again) took me to TWRP where I manually selected the lastest weekly. when the flashing was done, I tried to Reboot to system. It took me back to TWRP. Am I supposed to "Format Data" every time ?!!!

Yes