how to flashing xperia 1,newflasher or flashtool doesn't not working on j8110

Search This thread

kamalaggi

Feb 4, 2008
Just got new Xperia 1 from o2 try flashing to general retailers firmware, but flashtool and newflasher both not work

Newflasher doesn't work for me either.

Are you getting any error messageson NewFlasher?

Mines also from O2 UK and I'm trying to flash generic firmware.

I'm guessing we need a FSC Script for flashtool.

Last edited:

whoosename

Apr 8, 2012
Sindelfingen
yes,the bootloader allowed unlock

With the earlier Xperia phones you needed to unlock the bootloader before flashing (that you are allowed to unlock doesn't mean that your bootloader is unlocked). To unlock you need the script and the code from Sony. At the moment I don't remember where to get both (script and code). And what about DRM-keys?, is it there a TA-partition to backup before unlocking? And so on...

augie7107

Mar 18, 2009
Boston
With the earlier Xperia phones you needed to unlock the bootloader before flashing (that you are allowed to unlock doesn't mean that your bootloader is unlocked). To unlock you need the script and the code from Sony. At the moment I don't remember where to get both (script and code). And what about DRM-keys?, is it there a TA-partition to backup before unlocking? And so on...

Never needed to unlock bootloader to flash stock firmware with Flashtool or Newflasher

stakyr

Aug 26, 2016
Athens
J8110 passed test ,thank you body,sometime was shown erro 997, just unplug and do again,thank you!!!!!

How did you use the 2 files in the patch? Just copied them to Newflasher folder and run the whole process with the new .exe file?
How many times did you get error 997? Did you redo the whole process from the beginning or did you just unplug and replug the phone while the process was running?
Thnx

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Did anyone check the new version of Newflasher on Xperia 1?

Hi, it seems work, see 2 comments before end of comments -> https://github.com/munjeni/newflasher/issues/6

Noelex confirm that newflasher working. I have included all patches including on from noelex. Only which might not work (I'm believing it will work) is partition folder flashing, if you flash it please post newlfasher log (post it in neflasher thread), I need to be sure everything is right!

Last edited:

stakyr

Aug 26, 2016
Athens
Hi, it seems work, see 2 comments before end of comments -> https://github.com/munjeni/newflasher/issues/6

Noelex confirm that newflasher working. I have included all patches including on from noelex. Only which might not work (I'm believing it will work) is partition folder flashing, if you flash it please post newlfasher log (post it in neflasher thread), I need to be sure everything is right!

I ll flash my new phone next week. Once I am done I ll let you know. Thnx for your efforts.

stakyr

Aug 26, 2016
Athens
Hello guys,
I managed to flash my new Xperia 1 to Customized UK and EE UK firmware without problems. I didnt delete anything like .ta files etc. I just copied newflasher files to Firmware Folder, downloaded from XperiFirm and run Newflasher.exe in flash mode.
Vodafone UK carrier lock still exists after flashing though!
I am trying to get an unlock code for this from a seemingly legit site. (fingers crossed)

Reactions: gido87

Fidelio_o

Sep 1, 2007
Hello guys,
I managed to flash my new Xperia 1 to Customized UK and EE UK firmware without problems. I didnt delete anything like .ta files etc. I just copied newflasher files to Firmware Folder, downloaded from XperiFirm and run Newflasher.exe in flash mode.
I am trying to get an unlock code for this from a seemingly legit site. (fingers crossed)

Can you point me to which USB drivers you used? I can't for the life of me get my PC, to recognize the phone in flash mode.

stakyr

Aug 26, 2016
Athens
Can you point me to which USB drivers you used? I can't for the life of me get my PC, to recognize the phone in flash mode.
Download Flashtool, install it, then go to folder c:\\flashtool\drivers and install driver package, checking the first two options, flashtool and fastboot drivers. Then your mobile will be discoverable in flash mode. Shut down your phone and while turned off, keep volume down button pressed while connecting usb cable, till green light shows up

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is the bootloader unlockable on a device from O2?
    yes,the bootloader allowed unlock
    I uploaded an update for newflasher here: github.com/munjeni/newflasher/issues/6. Tested with J9110.
    Hello guys,
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone