[HOW-TO] force 4.1 Jelly Bean Update

Nemesis_GNex

Jun 13, 2012
No. GSM Nexus only.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

You can be rooted with unlocked bootloader, but must have stock recovery. So your problem would be you're trying to update with CWR. Either use the ROM by bigxie, or restore factory recovery img.
Tnx a lot! Can you plz send me on PM how to flash stock recovery and are you 100% shore that's problem and not root and unlock BL

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kizibubu242

Jul 19, 2012
jelly bean not booting up

Finally got my Nexus to start downloading Jelly Bean after 3 days of nonstop tapping the check now. Follow these steps an you will be using the buttery goodness like me.

-Go into Setting -> Apps -> All -> Google Services Framework
-You will see a button for “Clear Data”; clear it.
-Go into your dialer and type *#*#2432546#*#* - This will cause a ‘force checkin’. You will notice that it shows “checkin succeeded” across the top.
Go back to Setting -> About Phone -> System updates and then click the check now button.

YOU HAVE TO BE ON WIFI TO DOWNLOAD UPDATE!!!

Hit the thanks button if it helps!!!! Best of luck!
hey whats up how are you doing i have an galaxy nexus i9250 gsm and i update to jelly bean 4.1.1 the installment went well but it do not boot up in to the os it stays on the the boot logo for hours can you help me fox this plz

rushil01

Sep 23, 2011
you have no idea how happy I am I found this thread!! I accidentally cancelled the update the first time and couldn't seem to get it back. Thanks OP :)

mrhook007

Jul 1, 2011
not worked for me..:(

Finally got my Nexus to start downloading Jelly Bean after 3 days of nonstop tapping the check now. Follow these steps an you will be using the buttery goodness like me.

-Go into your dialer and type *#*#2432546#*#* - This will cause a ‘force checkin’. You will notice that it shows “checkin succeeded” across the top.
Go back to Setting -> About Phone -> System updates and then click the check now button.

I followed every step that you said. but its not workin... i have samsung gakaxy nexus i 9250. may be my weak wifi connection...:(

daCLOUD

Nov 5, 2010
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus success on first attempt. Was on rooted stock ICS 4.0.4. Make sure you are connected to Wifi and I had it on the charger. I would recommend this easier method over the link in previous post. Get cha some JB!

Paleryder

Apr 12, 2011
Chicago
Im in Chicago and Sprint toroplus of course.
I went back to stock ROM with recovery and locked. I immediately got the update to FG01 as I was on FD12, but have not received the update to 4.1 with newer radios. I tried all the clearing framework tricks and forcing checkins but no go any ideas ? I do want the factory radios and images Im not a fan of leaked radios due to past issues Thanks for any help

Paleryder

Apr 12, 2011
Chicago
Mine updated finally to 4.1 but I did also get the new radios which is really what I was after...thanks and keep trying for those who still need to update I cleared framework

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Bfitz26

Jun 3, 2011
layton
I unrooted cleared framework twice and the first time it updated ICS then installed update etc.. then cleared again and it updated to jb no problems at all worked like a charm:)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

singlesword

Mar 18, 2011
I was able to force the update. All I had to do was clear google framework data only (never stop it). Then checked for the update and was able to get it. It took a few tries but got it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

cp1024

Feb 6, 2008
I only had to clear data for Google services framework, then i with to settings>about phone > system updates. no dial padding required.

StifflerServices

Dec 12, 2011
Columbus, Ohio
Question?......If i do this on my rooted gs2 running AOKP JB 4.1.1(which i read was possible and done) - this will obviously make me loose root, correct? if so, is there a way to re-root? If so, can someone share the link or tell me how I can do this on my gs2 safely. I love the JB quikness but not at the expense of loosing my paid (root) apps and free wifi tethering.... which i definately need and so far non of the wifi tether apps are working on the JB roms. any help and/or knowledge would be greatly appriciated, thanks - Stiffler