[HOW-TO] force 4.1 Jelly Bean Update

miggov

Aug 19, 2009
Worked for me. Although the force checkin step did not work, stopping google services and clearing the data worked on both my Nexus S 4g and my Galaxy Nexus. :good:

Finally got my Nexus to start downloading Jelly Bean after 3 days of nonstop tapping the check now. Follow these steps an you will be using the buttery goodness like me.

-Go into Setting -> Apps -> All -> Google Services Framework
-You will see a button for “Clear Data”; clear it.
-Go into your dialer and type *#*#2432546#*#* - This will cause a ‘force checkin’. You will notice that it shows “checkin succeeded” across the top.
Go back to Setting -> About Phone -> System updates and then click the check now button.

YOU HAVE TO BE ON WIFI TO DOWNLOAD UPDATE!!!

Hit the thanks button if it helps!!!! Best of luck!

KarlStyles

Jan 8, 2011
Finally got my Nexus to start downloading Jelly Bean after 3 days of nonstop tapping the check now. Follow these steps an you will be using the buttery goodness like me.

-Go into Setting -> Apps -> All -> Google Services Framework
-You will see a button for “Clear Data”; clear it.
-Go into your dialer and type *#*#2432546#*#* - This will cause a ‘force checkin’. You will notice that it shows “checkin succeeded” across the top.
Go back to Setting -> About Phone -> System updates and then click the check now button.

YOU HAVE TO BE ON WIFI TO DOWNLOAD UPDATE!!!

Hit the thanks button if it helps!!!! Best of luck!
Just got this to work on VZW!

sbrownla

Jun 1, 2007
Northern Arizona
Only way to "force" it is to flash it yourself people. Think about what Google Services Framework really does and then think about WHO is actually pushing the updates out ... yep, Verizon, not Google.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium