How to get notification without freezing GSF

djrush

Dec 14, 2008
@mmarkq -> ADB Commands work well on your device?

I don't understand anything about ADB commands but I ask if instead of the word "ignore" it should be changed to another command like "kill" or "disabled" ... maybe.

On the other hand, if it works well for you, perfect, but if not, would something be missing in those commands?

adb shell
cmd appops set com.google.android.gsf RUN_IN_BACKGROUND ignore
cmd appops set com.google.android.gsf RUN_ANY_IN_BACKGROUND ignore
cmd appops write-settings

I attach you a screenshot from now. As you can see at GSF properties the Memory is greyed out, but some minutes ago increased from 190 Kb to 460 ... and started Play Protect errors ... but Memory stays greyed out ....

:confused: :confused:
Look at the developer option and there at active services. When you are right, gsf are not shown there under process.

Attachments

mmarkq

Nov 29, 2016
I have no explanation why for some this method works great and for some not.
At this moment I stick to theory that some of Google apps are messing with gsf..
I'm rather moderate phone user but have very few Google apps. So, maybe it's Gmail? Or contact syncing? Or anything else...

luisvalino

Feb 11, 2011
Look at the developer option and there at active services. When you are right, gsf are not shown there under process.
Thnkx @addx972

@djrush -> I attach you some screenshots of my Active Services at my Mate 30 Pro.
I changed the language to English for help you.
As you can see (and I checked them) I haven't any GSF process ...

So I don't understand why ADB Commands don't work well on my device as @mmarkq do them ... :( :(

Attachments

luisvalino

Feb 11, 2011
I have no explanation why for some this method works great and for some not.
At this moment I stick to theory that some of Google apps are messing with gsf..
I'm rather moderate phone user but have very few Google apps. So, maybe it's Gmail? Or contact syncing? Or anything else...
Hi @mmarkq again and sorry for this long thread ...

I had to repeat ADB commands because checking now GSF properties, Memory was NOT greyed out.

But I have doubt.

*Should I stop and clear cache & data of GSF and then ADB Commands and reboot in Airplane mode ??
*Or first ADB Commands and then clear cache & data of GSF, and reboot in Airplane mode?
*Or just ADB Commands without any clear cache & data of GSF ??

How did you do it, please ??

*Finally when I need to turn off the phone, just in Airplane mode alone or needed to clear cache & data of GSF ??

Thanks in advance and thank you for you help !! :)

mmarkq

Nov 29, 2016
Hi @mmarkq again and sorry for this long thread ...

I had to repeat ADB commands because checking now GSF properties, Memory was NOT greyed out.

But I have doubt.

*Should I stop and clear cache & data of GSF and then ADB Commands and reboot in Airplane mode ??
*Or first ADB Commands and then clear cache & data of GSF, and reboot in Airplane mode?
*Or just ADB Commands without any clear cache & data of GSF ??

How did you do it, please ??

*Finally when I need to turn off the phone, just in Airplane mode alone or needed to clear cache & data of GSF ??

Thanks in advance and thank you for you help !! :)
No need to repeat adb commands. Gsf memory property does not need to greyed out, all we need is to block out from constantly running in the background. So, if memory property is showing rarely launched gsf it's OK as well.
Then answers in order.
1. No. Reboot in airplane mode is suggested only if you see error messages.
2. 3. Doesn't matter. Adb commands instruct android to block gsf from creating background processes. I prefer to do it at the beginning, but that's me...
4. Turn off in airplane mode. That's the safest option.

Reactions: luisvalino

addx972

Mar 19, 2007
@fromiOS2Android -> I disable all Google sync account at Settings > User & accounts.

View attachment 5198909
[/CITATION]
Laissez votre téléphone s’allumer ce soir Laissez votre téléphone allumer cet autoLaissez votre téléphone s’allumerLaissez votre téléphone s’allumerLaissez votre téléphone s’allumerLaissez votre téléphone allyLaissez votre téléphoneLaissez votre téléphone Laissez votre téléphoneLaissez votre suchLaissez votreLaissez yourLaissez yourLais yourLais yourLais yourLais yourLais yourLais ( Lais )
@fromiOS2Android -> I disable all Google sync account at Settings > User & accounts.

View attachment 5198909
Let your phone turn on tonight to find out if you've had any notifications or not tomorrow.

Reactions: luisvalino

djrush

Dec 14, 2008
For tree days, my battery was empty. After I start the phone, I do the gsm and airplane procedure again and till there, no play protect errors since there.
Before the battery was empty, I had 5-6 days whitout any error

Maherkamra

Dec 9, 2020
O
For tree days, my battery was empty. After I start the phone, I do the gsm and airplane procedure again and till there, no play protect errors since there.
Before the battery was empty, I had 5-6 days whitout any error
So you are saying you restarted your phone without airplane mode?

mmarkq

Nov 29, 2016
For all of you still having play protect notifications, can you please go to your google account management, security then signed in devices:
- check if you are logged as Huawei P40 (or any device you have) and not Google Pixel or anything like that
- please log out from any unused, old devices
Then please check again play protect...
I don't know if it's important but I'm still trying to understand why this guide works for some...

djrush

Dec 14, 2008
For all of you still having play protect notifications, can you please go to your google account management, security then signed in devices:
- check if you are logged as Huawei P40 (or any device you have) and not Google Pixel or anything like that
- please log out from any unused, old devices
Then please check again play protect...
I don't know if it's important but I'm still trying to understand why this guide works for some...
You meen this?

Attachments