How to get notification without freezing GSF

Search This thread

addx972

Mar 19, 2007
Huawei P40 Pro
Huawei Mate X2
I got the indonesian fix from the creator, its YouTube video was posted in the thread before. I had problems applying it over googlefier so I removed everything from googlefier and just applied that new GSF.
For now it works flawlessly for play store, push notifications and so on. Not for Google accuracy yet. I have to still wait if it lasts more than 2h/8h and so...
Huawei P4 Lite here, but it seems it can work for any.
I tried to convince him to release it globally here and receive donations but he can't have PayPal account for that in his country. Somebody have any idea how can he do it?
Receiving donations beforehand is not a good idea , I told him already, and somebody will eventually be leaking its files or try to resell them.
do you use snapchat? if so, does the localization work for you?

gnasher666

Dec 14, 2004
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
I've just donated and got the new files. Installed them and after a bit of playing around seem to have everything working.

Would love a dev to check them out to see if they are stealing data or doing anything dodgy.

NothinImportant

Feb 26, 2021
Based on VirusTotal the app is basically a "Patched" Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) GSF
sus1.PNG

Compare to the 3rd file
sus 2.PNG

Virus total result of that "Last File" give one error which is
Android.PUA.DebugKey if you don't know. Please refer to Potentially unwanted program, but author may refer it as false positive since Potentially Unwanted Application (PUA) detections these are not malicious unless author decide to bundle downloads with malware. Since it ask for "Contact" Permission when you launch play store for the first time during installation/patching.

Here is the report of the last file for reference. BTW the first 3 files are clean beside the last one.
Here is the 3rd file for reference and cross matching

Please don't tag me or DM me questions. I'm not a DEV and I just being curious about the fixes or patches that are safe to use. Beside after 1-2 months later HarmonyOS is release as well and I don't think google applications not gonna work on that OS unless you prefer to stay with current Android 10.

Lastly, I decide to go GMS-less since I don't rely that much and I don't believe such "patch" will last and I'm sorry for my English.

aleja_vigo

Jun 14, 2013
What's the best way of telling?
For me I can't even enable the button, as it closes when I do. If you can enable it just open Google maps inside a building, far from windows. If it works you'll get position in a few seconds. When it doesn't work it will take much longer and maybe you don't get position or a bad accuracy one (only gps position)

gnasher666

Dec 14, 2004
Huawei Mate 30 Pro
For me I can't even enable the button, as it closes when I do. If you can enable it just open Google maps inside a building, far from windows. If it works you'll get position in a few seconds. When it doesn't work it will take much longer and maybe you don't get position or a bad accuracy one (only gps position)
Accuracy seems really good and quick. I don't have the blue circle around me just the cone pointing in the direction I'm facing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Below is a third version of the guide (ok, it's 3.5). As of January, 15th I've added great finding by @Seresseran1. Thanks man!

The below guide will provide you with fully working Google services, play store will work, push notifications will work, location accuracy etc. Everything will work until you restart the phone without enabling flight mode first. Then you might start receiving play protect notifications and you have to redo the procedure.

Prerequisite : GMS has to be installed and fully working without play protect notifications. Any method of installation should be OK, i prefer manual but Googlifier is fine.

1a. Run following commands using ADB:

adb shell
    cmd appops set com.google.android.gsf RUN_IN_BACKGROUND ignore
    cmd appops set com.google.android.gsf RUN_ANY_IN_BACKGROUND ignore
    cmd appops write-settings

1b. Open Settings - Apps - App Launch
    Tap the three dots, select "Show system Processes".
    Search For Google Services Framework.
    Change from Manage Automatically- To Manage Manually. Deselect Options "Auto-launch" and "Run in background". Only secondary launch remains selected.

2. Put phone in airplane mode. It's very important!
    3. Open Settings, go to Apps, Apps, tap three dots, select Show system processes, find Google Services Framework. Open it.
    4. If you have frozen Gsf defrost it (enable).
    5. Stop it if it's running. Go to Storage, clear cache, clear data. Stop it again if necessary.
    6. Restart the phone.
    7. Do not disable airplane mode yet! Wait few minutes in airplane mode or check with Device ID app if you see your GSF ID.
    8. Disable airplane mode and check play store. If you see error message, close it from task list and try again.

If you restart the phone without enabling airplane mode first all you have to do is redo above guide starting from point 2.

If you see play protect notifications do not panic! Enable airplane mode, go to settings, apps, apps, find Google framework services, goto storage, stop it, clear cache, clear data, restart your phone then you should be good.

I do not use Google apps except maps, but they should work. Remember that using above guide does not mean your device will get play protect certification. So, Google pay will not work for sure.
    Here is what i think::

1. install gms in one of the backways ( googlefier +++ )
    2. safetynet will not pass anyway because of uncertification
    3.up and running with google services until the error comes up.

4. Like somone in here earlier mentioned, and i agree, the error comes up when communicating with google servers. I had excactly 8 hours on the second! between errors. Some of you 12 and 24 and on and on. (maybe variety because of where on earth we live or how google "check", i do not know)

5. The gsf size DOES matter because that is the ONLY common reference all of us in here have to the error popping up. On any "normal" phone with GMS the size of this does not matter because the device is "whilelisted" with google.
    Communication with google will trigger this to come back at some point.

6. We freeze GSF (google service framwork) with icebox or multitool to stop this communication/check with google and keep the GSF file on "HOLD". (size will not go up and down and no errors occur)

7. Altso there is linked in this forum to google which is suppose to close down one after one app on uncertified devices. What will happen then? I use google home as normal with frozen GSF. It works 110%. So i stick with frozen gsf for now.
    All is normal , but need to use Aurorastore instead of Play Store. (unfreeze, refreeze for paid app or restore purchase after i format the phone.

8. GAM (google account manager) i do not belive have anything to do with this at all. ( I might be wrong, but i belive this DOES NOT trigger errors.

9. About our p40 (pro or plus) showing up as "Nexus, P30 lite, Mate 30, Mate 40 etc is ONLY because the author of the backup file made this backup file on these different units when the "GMS METHOD" you use was born. I do not belive this is relevant for the GSF at all.

10. After testing alot of different disable this and that and errors and uncertified plus plus plus i now have stop at emui 11 (latest) with frozen GSF all working except google pay. I'd rather have notifications 100% working than 70% working.

11. I really hope for a future solution for this unit. The P40 is remarkable and I fell in love with emui. I really love the enthuiasm from you guys not giving up this probelm . Keep it going guys!

12. The end. :) (feel free to disagree with me, this is only my appinion on this)
    Will this break my notification? I really do no want to reinstall all my apps...
    Yes, the best way to have everything working is to repeat the whole process until you get it. And yes, changing GSF ID forces to reinstall/clean current apps.

This is what works for me (may be different for others):
    0) Disable all location methods (GPS, GLS,...)
    1) Uninstall gsf-fix (in my case it may freeze phone, repeat until you can uninstall). If it's the first time doing the method uninstall any GSF you have already (you start from manual or googlefier method to get Gapps)
    2) Install Gsf10 + Activate GLS in options menu. Settings/Location/Google Location Accuracy
    3) Uninstall current GMS (in my case it may freeze phone, repeat until you can uninstall)
    4) Install GMS2.3 , 2.4 OR an updated GMS apk specific for your phone but for Android 6+ max (apkmirror)
    5) Get GSF ID: install several apps from Play Store. Play protect errors are good here. Device ID apps that show GSF ID need to be reinstalled too. This can take a while or not depending on the model, be patient.
    6) Uninstall GSF10 (stop and clean to uninstall - it may freeze phone)
    7) Install Gsf-fix + Activate GLS in options menu (screen may close when activating, but it may remain enabled)
    8) Reset.
    9) Check Play store, push and GLS enabled. If not go to step 1), it sucks, I know...
    10) install maps, auto. Reinstall or CLEAN data of any app that uses push (normally a clean is enough and you only need to login in the app again)
    11) For Android auto , update GMS manually with apk for your model/Android (Android 6+ max version of GMS). If you didn't get it already in step 4
    Extra) Don't update GMS from Play store ANYMORE. Always try an updated apk from Apkmirror or similar.

EDIT: For some, GLS works by disabling ALL Location methods before installing a fresh Google Maps and accept when it asks for them. You can disable before doing any step and try this on step 10.
    for everyone who uses gsf 1.1.8 and have google accuracy problem. Or push notification can't run together with gls. Try remove your GAM(google account manager). It's work for me. I find this from the video. The author not have GAM when installed the patch. Thanks
    Ok, let try this (i am not good with video)
    I needed to get errors and apps not working to do screenrecording.
    Thats why i took so long, sorry.

See this video:

You can see that the xplora app in the video is black. (screen recording will not record this app due to sensitive information, its my kids GPS watch ) but its not working in the start and fully working in the end.

My play protect error does not show because i removed them, but they are there.
    You can se the google home is not working first.
    When i am finish with the video you can see evrything works, at least for me.
    But i do not like this unfreeze. i think it is unstable.

The steps are as in the video:

1. force stop GSF, clear gsf data, cache (see video)
    2. force stop google services, CLEAR BUFFER only (see video)
    3. Its done. (as shown in video)

Now you see my play store is working, notifications are working until i get error later during the day. (GSF kb exceeded?) Hope this help those of you wanting to have it unfrozen, but not for me.

You see no need for restart or plane mode. This works for me, but might not work for you.

I will look into this post for updates from you guys. i really want an unfrozen solution. any feedback on the ictfix solution 3?

Let me know if video is not working please

EDIT : DO NOT USE THIS METHOD! TO MANY REPORTS OF FAILS!