How to get rid of ads "special offers " on the lock screen no root no PC

Search This thread

williambright80

Jan 17, 2017
Pretty sure I found a way they will work a lot of the time
Step 1. Go into the help app
Step 2 click on contact via email (they reply fast)
Step 3 click on problems with lock screen /notifications
Step 4 click on seeing notifications
Step 5 use this text in the describe the problem " I would like to disable the intrusive ads on the lockscreen at get in the way of seeing my wallpaper."
And then they will most likely disable special offers after that

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-06-16-28-49.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-06-16-28-49.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 21,973
  • Screenshot_2017-04-06-16-31-44.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-06-16-31-44.png
    84.4 KB · Views: 21,929
Wrong. I got sick of the ads to the point I paid the $15. But what for? They don't let me uninstall the 'Special Offers' App after paying. If I had to guess, I would say they don't even turn the ads off and they just place wallpapers over the top of them. I totally had forgotten about this until I saw your post. I will be calling hem or emailing them to ask them to remove the app altogether or refund me my $15.

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Wrong. I got sick of the ads to the point I paid the $15. But what for? They don't let me uninstall the 'Special Offers' App after paying. If I had to guess, I would say they don't even turn the ads off and they just place wallpapers over the top of them. I totally had forgotten about this until I saw your post. I will be calling hem or emailing them to ask them to remove the app altogether or refund me my $15.
Why is the previous poster "wrong"? Understand you are fussed about the app remaining after paying $15 USD but most folks are simply happy to see the ads disappear even if downloads still occur in the background. To each his own - there is no "wrong" or "right".

Reactions: Jrhotrod
Why is the previous poster "wrong"? Understand you are fussed about the app remaining after paying $15 USD but most folks are simply happy to see the ads disappear even if downloads still occur in the background. To each his own - there is no "wrong" or "right".

You're right. I could've used better words. I can understand how most would be happy with that, but most don't understand or even know it still runs in the background or wherever. I just feel like it's a scam is all.

JobSup

Mar 16, 2011
Wow, something similar in german worked. And I got a reply within 15min at 10pm today, on a public holiday, wow :)

But the reply states that it is a 'one time exception from their policy' to remove the ads. As long as you only have that one device, it's ok.

HoreBesokLibur

Dec 30, 2011
Wow, something similar in german worked. And I got a reply within 15min at 10pm today, on a public holiday, wow :)

But the reply states that it is a 'one time exception from their policy' to remove the ads. As long as you only have that one device, it's ok.

Can you send me what you wrote in German? I'm currently living in Germany now but my german is ****ty.

charlesefc

Jul 6, 2013
Attempted this and this is the email I recieved

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-16-14-30-17.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-16-14-30-17.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 4,639

brindeau

Sep 7, 2014
It worked ! Sent your email before I went to sleep and their answer was there when I woke up:
I'm sorry for the inconvenience you've had with the ads on the screen of your Fire tablet.

As you requested, I have disabled Special Offers on your Fire.

Please understand that by unsubscribing, you'd have been charged $15.00 for the price difference between the device with and the device without Special Offers. *******But I made an exception and waived off the charge and unsubscribed the special offers on your Fire tablet.

Please turn wireless on, and the next time you connect your device wirelessly, it will complete the process of unsubscribing from Special Offers.

If you've further queries, please let us know so that we can help you in every possible way.

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested:

I hope this helps! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,

My Fire 7 screen died so I got a Fire HD 8, used from Amazon direct for $51. Here is what I saved: Apparently when you unsubscribe from 'Special Offers' by paying the fee, it applies to new tablets as well. I didn't ask if they could apply the payment from my Fire 7, it was automatic. So -$15 there. Amazon technicians are either too busy or don't care. I was checking storage when I noticed it had storage on the SD card...well it doesn't come with a card. So -$15 again because I got a free card (retail about $13-15). In the end, a brand new Fire HD 8 is about $70. I pad $25 after the savings. Not bad at all.

Last edited:

goodwinm

Apr 19, 2006
Salem, OR
Step 5 use this text in the describe the problem " I would like to disable the intrusive ads on the lockscreen at get in the way of seeing my wallpaper."

I sent them a message almost word for word and they sent me instructions to unsubscribe with 1-click...

D

Deleted member 8258334

Thanks so much! I literally sat there for about two minutes and then I turned my kindle on and saw that there were no more ads. Then I typed in my PIN and saw that my Special Offers app was uninstalled!!! :)

Cobrahaze

May 8, 2017
It Worked!!

Just registered to say thanks to William I copied and pasted your reason and within ten minutes lock screen ads are gone and so is the offers app!! Thanks a ton man!! ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You're right. I could've used better words. I can understand how most would be happy with that, but most don't understand or even know it still runs in the background or wherever. I just feel like it's a scam is all.
    Worked perfect! Lockscreen ads removed within 10 minutes. My text:

"I would like to disable the intrusive and inappropriate ads on the lockscreen as some of them are adult in nature and my children use the Fire tablet. I would rather that they see a wallpaper. Thank you."
    I emailed Amazon, and they removed the ads for my new Fire HD 10 within a few hours. Then a series of wallpapers (at least 5 different ones) displayed on the lock screen. I wanted to change the home screen wallpaper, and when I did that, it also changed the lock screen wallpaper to the same single one that I chose for the home screen.

I'm curious about what app (or something else?) was causing the series of wallpapers to display. Can someone point me to that app if they still see it on their Fire HD 8 or 10? I'm assuming the app did not get deleted when I changed the wallpaper, but it just somehow got deactivated.

(I hope this is not too far off the topic about getting rid of the ads).

It's the Special Offers APK. When ads are removed, a series of Amazon Stock wallpapers are activated and are ordered to take over. When you change the wallpaper on the home screen, using the built in settings, it also changes the lock screen wallpaper. If you use a launcher like Nova, and long press home and add a home wallpaper using Nova instead of built in settings, it changes ONLY your home screen wallpaper and NOT the lockscreen. So you have to add the wallpaper you want on lockscreen through the settings > wallpaper, set it (yes it will set as home too), then use something like Nova to set the home wallpaper.