Question how to get rid of Dm-VERITY corruption on boot

Search This thread

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
exactly what did u do? if u cant enter into fastboot, means that u have damaged the bootloader. and the only way to do this is flash a wrong full stock rom. so if really your bootloader is dead, the only way to recover your phone is via edl. but i suggest you an assistance center

Yu ijin

Jul 17, 2022
exactly what did u do? if u cant enter into fastboot, means that u have damaged the bootloader. and the only way to do this is flash a wrong full stock rom. so if really your bootloader is dead, the only way to recover your phone is via edl. but i suggest you an assistance center
Basically i had the pixel experience recovery downloaded so i just changed it to twrp and it worked, when i opened twrp i restarted from there then got the problem, i also could get into the fastboot, when i was there i watched some tutorials on yt how to fix and i downloaded some files and flashed them, then i couldnt, so now i cant get into the fastboot or recovery, i also chatted with xiaomi service center and they couldnt help me either so i threw the phone and now using my old one xiaomi note 5 pro, help would be awesome, thanks.

Yu ijin

Jul 17, 2022
You are probably right my bootloader is deady but what is a edl? Assistance center cant help me

Yu ijin

Jul 17, 2022
Now everytime i turn it on there is no xiaomi logo it just shows the dm verity corruption and goes off after 5 sec

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
ok, but dm-verity dont block fastboot.

u have flashed a bad twrp. so u have damaged boot.img. and probably fix u have tried damaged the bootloader

in generale u didnt follow the guide with attention. go to a phisic assintace center (dont call xiaomi, obviously they cant help u). dont try edl, is much complicated for u

Yu ijin

Jul 17, 2022
ok, but dm-verity dont block fastboot.

u have flashed a bad twrp. so u have damaged boot.img. and probably fix u have tried damaged the bootloader

in generale u didnt follow the guide with attention. go to a phisic assintace center (dont call xiaomi, obviously they cant help u). dont try edl, is much complicated for u
Alright Thx for the help, man those yt Tutorials are bullshit, have a nice day

Yasin Rafi

Aug 23, 2022
hello! I need help.... I turned on OEM unock option and tried to flash gsi rom. but this is showing.
1663061139603.jpeg

hello! I need help.... I turned on OEM unock option and tried to flash gsi rom. but this is showing. View attachment 5710205
You should have had followed this guide for the GSI. It includes the dm-verity corruption - or error? fix.

Are you sure thats a Xiaomi device from this forum, either the POCO or the Redmi? It shouldnt appear that, and appear the following on both POCO and Redmi (and not that boot splash):

Code:
dm-verity corruption

Your device is corrupt.
It can't be trusted and may not work properly.
Press power button to continue.
Or, device will power off in 5s

Anyways, boot into fastboot mode and then do the following:

Code:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash vbmeta_b vbmeta.img

(download the vbmeta.img below, you can use the same vbmeta for both slots)

Attachments

• vbmeta.img
    4 KB · Views: 14

Yasin Rafi

Aug 23, 2022
You should have had followed this guide for the GSI. It includes the dm-verity corruption - or error? fix.

Are you sure thats a Xiaomi device from this forum, either the POCO or the Redmi? It shouldnt appear that, and appear the following on both POCO and Redmi (and not that boot splash):

Code:
dm-verity corruption

Your device is corrupt.
It can't be trusted and may not work properly.
Press power button to continue.
Or, device will power off in 5s

Anyways, boot into fastboot mode and then do the following:

Code:

(download the vbmeta.img below, you can use the same vbmeta for both slots)
I am feeling sorry for my mistakes😥😥😐. But can't enter fastboot.

I am feeling sorry for my mistakes😥😥😐. But can't enter fastboot.
I hope these are the right steps:

1. Turn off your phone (when it boots to dm-verity error, see if pressing the power button turns it off - if nothing, then force reboot and move on to the next step)

2. After turning off or force rebooting, hold POWER & VOL+, then you will see a screen with a warning sign written below "No command". Just press the POWER and VOL+ (do not hold them, just a simple press).

With VOL-, select "Enter fastboot" and confirm with POWER and you're done, then try fixing your dm-verity error.

(I also checked your profile, you asked if you should go with GSI or a Custom ROM - obviously you should go for a custom rom as its made and optimized for your phone, a GSI is not designed equally and depends on your phone capacities & kernel (and be sure to get a custom ROM entirely designed for your phone, by checking the right model, CPU, etc)

Last edited:

[email protected]

Sep 28, 2022
Hi guys I have a problem I don't know anything about bootloader or any of these things I was missing with the developer option and I clicked on dsu then I clicked on restart and this message start to appear everytime I boot or reboot I could boot into my system when I press the power button please If anyone can help get red of this message I promise I won't open developer option again 😂😂

Hi guys I have a problem I don't know anything about bootloader or any of these things I was missing with the developer option and I clicked on dsu then I clicked on restart and this message start to appear everytime I boot or reboot I could boot into my system when I press the power button please If anyone can help get red of this message I promise I won't open developer option again 😂😂
Dismiss the sideloaded image notification and it wont appear again

Yasin Rafi

Aug 23, 2022
I hope these are the right steps:

1. Turn off your phone (when it boots to dm-verity error, see if pressing the power button turns it off - if nothing, then force reboot and move on to the next step)

2. After turning off or force rebooting, hold POWER & VOL+, then you will see a screen with a warning sign written below "No command". Just press the POWER and VOL+ (do not hold them, just a simple press).

With VOL-, select "Enter fastboot" and confirm with POWER and you're done, then try fixing your dm-verity error.

(I also checked your profile, you asked if you should go with GSI or a Custom ROM - obviously you should go for a custom rom as its made and optimized for your phone, a GSI is not designed equally and depends on your phone capacities & kernel (and be sure to get a custom ROM entirely designed for your phone, by checking the right model, CPU, etc)
sorry for late reply. i can enter fastboot. but what I should do next??

sorry for late reply. i can enter fastboot. but what I should do next??
Try these commands:
Code:

Try looking for a empty vbmeta.img, you can find one by checking the GSI guide and scrolling a bit down on this forum.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    forget this..i've got ROOT check the other thread !