How to get rid of "Ramadan" and Hijri on calendar? SM-G950FD Dual Sim version

Search This thread

zerosource

Jul 29, 2010
Can you clarify please? I'm assuming you had EGY csc also. Is that why when I flash SER csc (Russian) it didn't change anything? But VD2 is not multi csc package and that's why it changed? I don't really care what firmware I'm on now as long Samsung pay will work and it doesn't have all the bloat ware. I was told Russian software has some of the least bloat. Will changing my Sim card change the csc?

Do you have to flash firmware with Russian sim or just the recovery?

danman132x

Apr 9, 2010
As soon i get my Russian Sim, I will flash a multi part file using the samfirm tool linked by t-shock in a previous post in this thread. I'll let everyone know my results when it comes to it.

P1226R

May 20, 2016
Can you clarify please? I'm assuming you had EGY csc also. Is that why when I flash SER csc (Russian) it didn't change anything? But VD2 is not multi csc package and that's why it changed? I don't really care what firmware I'm on now as long Samsung pay will work and it doesn't have all the bloat ware. I was told Russian software has some of the least bloat. Will changing my Sim card change the csc?

I just wanna get rid of those app come with EGY firmware
this thread should help https://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37399
and I finally rooted my phone, flashed Batman rom, but Product Code is still EGY.
Good luck

danman132x

Apr 9, 2010
Okay everyone! It's been a while, but I have a real SOLUTION here. I have my phone now SER/SER/EGY and the ramadan is GONE and Samsung pay WORKS! It's the best of everything. No knox tripped, no funny bugs or anything since this is official firmware.

There is one requirement. I had to buy a russian SIM card for this to work. I paid 10 dollars on ebay, used a MegaFon SIM card as this uses the SER CSC code.

I followed T-shocks instructions again, plus a few changes. I'll go over what I did, and it changed the CSC for us with the multi-csc firmwares without the options to change it with other means.

Initially, just inserting the SIM card and rebooting does nothing. If you do that, it shows EGY/SER/EGY ( The last one can be ignored, thats what the phone originally shipped with and will never change)

Quoting t-shock in a lot of these steps, as he was where I got all this info from mostly.
First I used SamFirm to download my newest software. Under Model I put SM-G950FD and Region I put SER. Russia seems to have very little bloat, and also gets updates rather quick before some of the other regions I've noticed. Auto was checked, and I checked binary nature to to get it in parts. I kept Check CRC32 and decrypt automatically checked.

Once downloaded, I used winrar (or other program of choice to unzip) my files. I also went further in and extracted the pit file, which should be like DREAMLTE_EUR_OPEN.pit

Now MAKE SURE you have everything off your phone you want and backed up and INSERT THE RUSSIAN SIM CARD (or region card of your choice, just be sure to match download) I used Russia because samsung pay works and also accepted my american credit card in the app.

Go into download mode, Power, Vol Down, Bixby button at same time.

Open ODIN and put the BL file to the BL option in Odin
AP file to AP option
CP file to CP option
and CSC (NOT HOME_CSC) at the CSC file
Pit file under the pit tab
Check your options and Do Not select repartition, especially if you're already on a OXM multi-csc firmware. For some reason mine was checked, so I unchecked it.

Once you're ready and see it connected to PC properly, start the flash.

When done, it will start the regular boot process, blue screen with android robot doing some work, etc, and you'll get the the welcome screen. Shortly after you will get a screen about having a new SIM card and will ask you to restart phone to apply new SIM card settings. This is important for this to work! Go ahead and accept, and it will do a factory reset. It will show russian characters and you'll have no clue what it says lol. But give it a little, and you'll be back at the welcome screen, in Russian. Just select your language from the dropdown and everything will be back to normal. You can go ahead from there, set up your phone how you want, and you'll also see the new CSC info at that time :) I powered down, inserted my US straight talk SIM and went about my business. It didn't want me to reboot again for anything, just worked for me. I'm assuming because the US SIM card doesn't assign a CSC to the internation DUOS version that it works this way. Because the russian SIM card has a csc in the multi csc it asks to change.

You'll now have a fresh installed ROM, should hopefully get updates as they are rolled out, and have a new region :) Samsung pay works and no more Ramadan stuff in my calendar. The samsung pay app won't have the american rewards and stuff and has Russian advertisements, but everything important like adding your card is in english.

I want to thank t-shock again for all your help and links that you helped out with.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170822-100727.jpg
    Screenshot_20170822-100727.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 606
  • Screenshot_20170822-095155.jpg
    Screenshot_20170822-095155.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 601

Simonozspray

Apr 15, 2018
Hi Danman132x
Looks like you've got it sorted. I assume it all worked. I've just bought a Samsung Note 8 Duos from Hongkong which has United Arab Emirates firmware, and similarly have Ramadan calender and can only use UAE cards on Samsung Pay. I'm going to do what you've done. But why did you not just load US firmware? My guess is because all US companies lock their phones? I'm Australian and our phones come unlocked. Do you think I really have to go to the trouble of getting a Russian SIM? I'd be OK to stick to Aussie firmware as long as Aussie credit cards can be loaded. (I don't even care about having Ramadan on my calender as I just switched to Google calender.)

Last edited:

shunsai

Apr 4, 2007
大阪府

Simonozspray

Apr 15, 2018
I figured out the solution a while back, but had to look it up again today because I flashed a new ROM to my phone. Anyone looking to get rid of the Arabic holiday calendar can find the instructions in my thread below:
https://xdaforums.com/samsung-a-series/help/a5-2016-marshmallow-splanner-question-t3441902

It's just a matter of changing a setting in the feature.xml file in the system/csc directory. Hope it helps someone.

Well that looks easy. It doesn’t help my Samsung Pay problem but will solve the Ramadan issue. But I’m a noob. How do I access the system/scc directory?

sociojeje

Jan 25, 2010
URBANA, IL
Thank you so much! Which russian sim did you purchase? Is it okay to buy a new megafon russian sim card on ebay? Or, if you don't mind, I'm willing to buy your russian sim since i'm sure you have no use of it any more :) BTW, were you able to add non-visa cards? For my UAE CSC, I was able to add my chase visa but no luck for discover and master card.

Last edited:

rjcoolhtc

Aug 14, 2009
Dubai, UAE
I guess, no need to do that much of hardwork. I am from UAE and faced the same issue , the only that i did was to change the default calendar to phone instead of Google and Samsung . That solved the problem .

jadetoogood-rogers

May 6, 2019
Solved!

Within the app, I selected the settings cog and under the heading "alternate calendars" it was auto selected so I selected "none" and it went away.
I also brought my phone from Kogan

mohsinmdl

Mar 12, 2015
Go to settings-apps-calendar (click on the settings button near calendar) select alternate calendar (it's set on Hijri if you are getting ramadan) then choose none. U won't get the orange strip anymore.

How to get rid of "Ramadan" and Hijri on calendar? SM-G950FD Dual Sim version

EDIT- See last post on page 3 by me. Solution found, and samsung pay also working.

Hello, I got my new S8 dual sim version from ebay today, was shipped from texas, but is the dual sim "DUOS" international version. The calendar app has the orange Ramadan line through it and "Hijri" in the settings. Is there any way at all to get rid of this?

I'm not sure if there is a different OEM rom I can flash in ODIN that would get rid of this. I definitely don't want it in my calendar, along with some different dates I'm not aware of that also show up. I googled it and looks like muslim dates.

I've read that SM-G950F roms are compatible, but what about odin flashing F roms and not FD? Would this solve the problem somehow if there is no other work around?

Screenshot_20170619-221511 by Daniel Rivera, on Flickr

Screenshot_20170619-221539 by Daniel Rivera, on Flickr
I realize I'm years late but I managed to remove Ramadan by changing alternate calendar.
Here's the screenshot
Phone is a Note10+, SM-N975F/DS
UAE

Attachments

• alternate calendar note 10 plus none remove ramadan signal-2021-04-19-134935.jpg
    alternate calendar note 10 plus none remove ramadan signal-2021-04-19-134935.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 15

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay everyone! It's been a while, but I have a real SOLUTION here. I have my phone now SER/SER/EGY and the ramadan is GONE and Samsung pay WORKS! It's the best of everything. No knox tripped, no funny bugs or anything since this is official firmware.

There is one requirement. I had to buy a russian SIM card for this to work. I paid 10 dollars on ebay, used a MegaFon SIM card as this uses the SER CSC code.

I followed T-shocks instructions again, plus a few changes. I'll go over what I did, and it changed the CSC for us with the multi-csc firmwares without the options to change it with other means.

Initially, just inserting the SIM card and rebooting does nothing. If you do that, it shows EGY/SER/EGY ( The last one can be ignored, thats what the phone originally shipped with and will never change)

Quoting t-shock in a lot of these steps, as he was where I got all this info from mostly.
    First I used SamFirm to download my newest software. Under Model I put SM-G950FD and Region I put SER. Russia seems to have very little bloat, and also gets updates rather quick before some of the other regions I've noticed. Auto was checked, and I checked binary nature to to get it in parts. I kept Check CRC32 and decrypt automatically checked.

Once downloaded, I used winrar (or other program of choice to unzip) my files. I also went further in and extracted the pit file, which should be like DREAMLTE_EUR_OPEN.pit

Now MAKE SURE you have everything off your phone you want and backed up and INSERT THE RUSSIAN SIM CARD (or region card of your choice, just be sure to match download) I used Russia because samsung pay works and also accepted my american credit card in the app.

Go into download mode, Power, Vol Down, Bixby button at same time.

Open ODIN and put the BL file to the BL option in Odin
    AP file to AP option
    CP file to CP option
    and CSC (NOT HOME_CSC) at the CSC file
    Pit file under the pit tab
    Check your options and Do Not select repartition, especially if you're already on a OXM multi-csc firmware. For some reason mine was checked, so I unchecked it.

Once you're ready and see it connected to PC properly, start the flash.

When done, it will start the regular boot process, blue screen with android robot doing some work, etc, and you'll get the the welcome screen. Shortly after you will get a screen about having a new SIM card and will ask you to restart phone to apply new SIM card settings. This is important for this to work! Go ahead and accept, and it will do a factory reset. It will show russian characters and you'll have no clue what it says lol. But give it a little, and you'll be back at the welcome screen, in Russian. Just select your language from the dropdown and everything will be back to normal. You can go ahead from there, set up your phone how you want, and you'll also see the new CSC info at that time :) I powered down, inserted my US straight talk SIM and went about my business. It didn't want me to reboot again for anything, just worked for me. I'm assuming because the US SIM card doesn't assign a CSC to the internation DUOS version that it works this way. Because the russian SIM card has a csc in the multi csc it asks to change.

You'll now have a fresh installed ROM, should hopefully get updates as they are rolled out, and have a new region :) Samsung pay works and no more Ramadan stuff in my calendar. The samsung pay app won't have the american rewards and stuff and has Russian advertisements, but everything important like adding your card is in english.

I want to thank t-shock again for all your help and links that you helped out with.
    Well that looks easy. It doesn’t help my Samsung Pay problem but will solve the Ramadan issue. But I’m a noob. How do I access the system/scc directory?

As long as your phone is rooted, you can use a file explorer (I use Root Explorer) to navigate to the file and edit it as a text document. The system dir is in root.