• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to get Samsung Cloud

Search This thread

-Alan

Nov 10, 2010
Burbank, CA
First off shout out to Vmmatty over in the Android central forum http://goo.gl/kha4Uy
It seems that Verizon is trying to be sneaky and just hide Samsung Cloud to push you towards their cloud. But it's actually there, they just hid the icon.
If you use an app like quickshortcutmaker and you look for Samsung Backup and Restore (com.samsung.android.scloud)
You can create a short cut for it and boom. You can now access Samsung Cloud and get your free 15gb.

Last edited:

DBCAB

Nov 9, 2015
Grand Forks
Thanks a Lot for this Info, works fine was able to backup my phone , has anyone found the settings for the device maintenance yet or is it completely non existent ?

Last edited:

blacklarson

Mar 25, 2012
Delete smt on Cloud

How to delete or view smt on Cloud? Anyone know how to manager SS Cloud on PC? I want to delete synced gallery, but i can't find any option to do it. Can't tap on Gallery in Samsung cloud usage: prntscr.com/cblhij

Reactions: phenix3030

teegunn

Dec 14, 2010
Same. Apps fail to backup, have tried troubleshooting to no avail.[/

The solution is to temporarily enable all of your Package Disabler bloat apps, do the Cloud backup, then disable the bloat again.

I was also not able to back up my apps via Samsung Cloud. Your solution worked and allowed backups to complete. I went in and enabled all apps, then after the backup disabled them again. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off shout out to Vmmatty over in the Android central forum http://goo.gl/kha4Uy
    It seems that Verizon is trying to be sneaky and just hide Samsung Cloud to push you towards their cloud. But it's actually there, they just hid the icon.
    If you use an app like quickshortcutmaker and you look for Samsung Backup and Restore (com.samsung.android.scloud)
    You can create a short cut for it and boom. You can now access Samsung Cloud and get your free 15gb.
    Hey everyone,

I'm the VMmatty from Android Central. Thanks for the shout outs!

On a somewhat related topic, I discovered that I can take a Samsung Cloud backup and restore it directly onto my Note 5. I was then able to backup from my Note 5 and restore it to my Note 7. In other words, a smaller version of Samsung Cloud is on the Note 5 (and probably the S7/S7 Edge also). I used the same procedure outlined in the original post. You can find the details here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...note-5-restore-n7-backup-n5-n5-backup-n7.html

I was just surprised to see basically the same Samsung Cloud interface on the Note 5. Did anyone else know it was there?

Either way I'm happy to see I was able to help some of you!
    Same. Apps fail to backup, have tried troubleshooting to no avail.[/

The solution is to temporarily enable all of your Package Disabler bloat apps, do the Cloud backup, then disable the bloat again.
    Nice! I just did a backup on everything but my apps. Worked like a charm and my free 15gb are showing. Thanks for this!!

Sent from my SM-N930V using XDA-Developers mobile app
    nice find, no option to back up pics though....