• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to get Samsung Cloud

Search This thread

Panther6834

Aug 14, 2015
First off shout out to Vmmatty over in the Android central forum
It seems that Verizon is trying to be sneaky and just hide Samsung Cloud to push you towards their cloud. But it's actually there, they just hid the icon.
If you use an app like quickshortcutmaker and you look for Samsung Backup and Restore (com.samsung.android.scloud)
You can create a short cut for it and boom. You can now access Samsung Cloud and get your free 15gb.

A huge "thanks", and a ^5, to Vmmatty for figuring this out. It was a huge benefit in exchanging my Samsung Galaxy Note 7 today.

GamerDaddy14

Jan 10, 2015
I tried getting this to work by making an activity shortcut in nova launcher to samsung backup.
However, it will not launch and just forcecloses. Has anyone with the new update gotten this to work?

vmmatty

Jul 16, 2015
Hey everyone,

I'm the VMmatty from Android Central. Thanks for the shout outs!

On a somewhat related topic, I discovered that I can take a Samsung Cloud backup and restore it directly onto my Note 5. I was then able to backup from my Note 5 and restore it to my Note 7. In other words, a smaller version of Samsung Cloud is on the Note 5 (and probably the S7/S7 Edge also). I used the same procedure outlined in the original post. You can find the details here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...note-5-restore-n7-backup-n5-n5-backup-n7.html

I was just surprised to see basically the same Samsung Cloud interface on the Note 5. Did anyone else know it was there?

Either way I'm happy to see I was able to help some of you!

solowun

May 4, 2011
Chicago
Does anyone know what it wont backup automatically eventhough auto backup is on?
It met all requirement.

I wasn't able to get the backup to work for everything at first but once I enabled all the apps I disabled from Verizon, I was able to get everything backed up. Some reason it wasn't backing up the audio files. My initial backup was about 180MB but after I got the complete backup done the amount backed up was 4.75GB of 15GB

Reactions: T33H00

PoSmedley

May 5, 2016
Thank you! Works on S7 Edge as Well

Hey everyone,

On a somewhat related topic, I discovered that I can take a Samsung Cloud backup and restore it directly onto my Note 5. I was then able to backup from my Note 5 and restore it to my Note 7. In other words, a smaller version of Samsung Cloud is on the Note 5 (and probably the S7/S7 Edge also). I used the same procedure outlined in the original post. You can find the details here:

I was just surprised to see basically the same Samsung Cloud interface on the Note 5. Did anyone else know it was there?

I found it on my Note 7 and when I had to go back to the 7 Edge, I figured Verizon had to have it hidden on there as well. Your post helped me to find it. It's listed under Personal Data Mangement and I used the Quickshortcut app to find it and make the shortcut. Thanks. I had backed up everything from my Note & on Samsung Cloud and was frustrated when I couldn't find it right away on the Edge.

antawnm26

Apr 3, 2008
Atlanta
First off shout out to Vmmatty over in the Android central forum http://goo.gl/kha4Uy
It seems that Verizon is trying to be sneaky and just hide Samsung Cloud to push you towards their cloud. But it's actually there, they just hid the icon.
If you use an app like quickshortcutmaker and you look for Samsung Backup and Restore (com.samsung.android.scloud)
You can create a short cut for it and boom. You can now access Samsung Cloud and get your free 15gb.

not working for me at all

anthonykash

Apr 18, 2010
I know this thread might be dead but here goes. us on the new note 8 are able to get Samsung cloud working on our phones witb a modified cscfeatures.xml file. It backs up everything but apps and settings. I see a few people have this same issue on the note 7 and a few have said you fixed it by enabling bloat you disabled. Can anyone who got Samsung cloud to backup apps and settings chime in and tell me what your enabled so I can install these on my phone as I haven't disabled anything. Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First off shout out to Vmmatty over in the Android central forum http://goo.gl/kha4Uy
    Hey everyone,

On a somewhat related topic, I discovered that I can take a Samsung Cloud backup and restore it directly onto my Note 5. I was then able to backup from my Note 5 and restore it to my Note 7. In other words, a smaller version of Samsung Cloud is on the Note 5 (and probably the S7/S7 Edge also). I used the same procedure outlined in the original post. You can find the details here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...note-5-restore-n7-backup-n5-n5-backup-n7.html

Same. Apps fail to backup, have tried troubleshooting to no avail.[/

The solution is to temporarily enable all of your Package Disabler bloat apps, do the Cloud backup, then disable the bloat again.
    Nice! I just did a backup on everything but my apps. Worked like a charm and my free 15gb are showing. Thanks for this!!

Sent from my SM-N930V using XDA-Developers mobile app
    nice find, no option to back up pics though....