• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to get smart call future working on Note 7

Search This thread
Jun 18, 2014
Lawrenceville, GA
So, I did some digging in the Nova activities menu and found the feature, enabled it, but I haven't tested it... If someone could test and reply with their results, it would be awesome.

In Nova widgets I selected Activities and dragged it to the desktop.
556e244eb297ded7aca6f9027b5dc75f.jpg

While in the Activities menu i selected the phone option
ccafb4a1ec4cc4a013612918143dbc5d.jpg

In there I found the "Identify unsaved numbers" option, which you can long puss and enable it from there, or click it to make it a widget on your home screen.
99043c06c9ec18061cc87a1bbca8bc87.jpg

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Justinphxaz

B4ore

Mar 26, 2010
Denver
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
So I just got my replacement phone yesterday at Verizon. While syncing all my data back onto my phone I came across this nice little app that I never noticed in the Samsung Store called "Hiya" ! This appears to be Samsung's answer to Verizon taking Samsung's baked in Caller ID program and making it into a paid app. I've installed this free "Hiya" app and it DOES in fact show caller ID for ANYONE, whether they are in my contacts or not, when receiving a call! You can also block callers with this app, among other functions. Check it out and download it!!! Enjoy FREE Caller ID as it was meant to be!

Sorry to post this in two different threads, but it seemed important enough to repeat.

shawnten

Mar 21, 2008
Yorktown
This has nothing to do with Samsung.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Has anyone figured out how to get the Samsung is working

seh6183

Mar 23, 2011
I still can't get this to work. I had it working once and then rebooted my phone and it wen't away and never came back.

Hiya does work yes, but it's databases are old and it's not built right into the samsung dialer. I am hoping someone can figure out how to re enable the this feature. I certainly had it working once and know that it's possible. If I get it going again I will take a screen recording.

spinedoc

Dec 31, 2005
So I just got my replacement phone yesterday at Verizon. While syncing all my data back onto my phone I came across this nice little app that I never noticed in the Samsung Store called "Hiya" ! This appears to be Samsung's answer to Verizon taking Samsung's baked in Caller ID program and making it into a paid app. I've installed this free "Hiya" app and it DOES in fact show caller ID for ANYONE, whether they are in my contacts or not, when receiving a call! You can also block callers with this app, among other functions. Check it out and download it!!! Enjoy FREE Caller ID as it was meant to be!

Sorry to post this in two different threads, but it seemed important enough to repeat.

Doesn't Hiya hijack all your contacts info like truecaller? I know I sound old fashioned, but it just sounds creepy and I hate giving up all my contacts info. I know on truecaller they took everything, down to emails, etc in the contact entry. Just too creepy for me.

raduque

Sep 17, 2007
I went looking for this to enable it, but it's not there on my phone. Not that it will do anything, but I just told VZW on twitter they should be legally prevented from messing with the OS on an Android phone.

B4ore

Mar 26, 2010
Denver
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Doesn't Hiya hijack all your contacts info like truecaller? I know I sound old fashioned, but it just sounds creepy and I hate giving up all my contacts info. I know on truecaller they took everything, down to emails, etc in the contact entry. Just too creepy for me.

Pretty sure the baked in caller id in the phone was Hiya as well. So either way, if that's the case about giving up your contacts to Hiya, you would have anyway to used the baked in Hiya Caller ID Samsung intended for.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a quick guide to show how to enable the smart call feature included in some versions of the Note 7, according to the website. Learn more about smart call feature here: http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/apps/smart-call/

First download quick shortcut maker from the Play Store.
    95e8e8cd98aca623b6ff940d11c1bdd4.jpg

Second navigate to the third phone setting.
    0c882ac3b11ad63d2d11d573786ee207.jpg

Third scroll all the way down to the circled setting. This sitting right here will get you where you need to be to enable Smart call feature.
    66e1b007293796c25de425eed4fcdc98.jpg

dd830f802a2cce6fc17bb9fc893fa199.jpg

03dfbe8bfbcad8fa6b6f39c0b415a821.jpg

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk
    So, I did some digging in the Nova activities menu and found the feature, enabled it, but I haven't tested it... If someone could test and reply with their results, it would be awesome.

In Nova widgets I selected Activities and dragged it to the desktop.
    556e244eb297ded7aca6f9027b5dc75f.jpg

While in the Activities menu i selected the phone option
    ccafb4a1ec4cc4a013612918143dbc5d.jpg

In there I found the "Identify unsaved numbers" option, which you can long puss and enable it from there, or click it to make it a widget on your home screen.
    99043c06c9ec18061cc87a1bbca8bc87.jpg

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk