How to Get the Best Gcam Settings - Mastering Gcam Advanced Settings

Search This thread

Bolumstar

May 10, 2015
Port Harcourt
youtube.com
Well, if you are on xda you probably have heard about Google Camera App A.K.A Gcam and if you have there are two major struggles - how to find the most stable/latest Gcam mod the next, how do I tweak it to get the best pictures. There is already a General Gcam hub on xda here which is very well organised if that won't satisfy you, head over to your device forum and check the App and themes section. You should find one there and if you're not still satisfied check put my YouTube Gcam Playlist for All Android and choose the particular today that serves your need. But I am not here today basically for how to find the best Gcam for your device, if you have found the perfect Gcam for your device, how well do you know the Advanced Settings.

Here I will cover the most important Advanced settings, there are few things in the Advanced Settings that may not result in any significant improvement or change on the picture you take but may still be important. It will be a long read so I'd you are as lazy as me and still want to see all the details, watch the videos or scroll down to continue reading.
#1 Best Gcam 7+Settings for All Android (Mastering Gcam Advanced Settings Pt 1)
This was based on Gcam 7.2 by Urnyx05 a very good and versatile Gcam port
#2 Gcam Best Settings for All Android (Mastering Gcam Advanced Settings Pt. 2)
In this one, we cut accross Gcam 6.2, 6.3, 7.2 and 7.3 advanced settings

#3 Gcam 7.3 Best Settings For All Android (Mastering Gcam Advanced Settings Pt. 3)
In this one we focused only on Gcam 7.3 using Parrot043 Gcam 7.3 v1 one of the most advanced Gcam 7.3
The main problem here is that your own Gcam Advanced Settings may look different from the one in the video so you might want to stick around for a little bit and learn what these advanced settings do.

We kick things off with HDR - High Dynamic Range settings.
This will include Advanced Settings for:
HDR+
HDR+ Enhanced
EV - Exposure Value
Exposure Compensation

The HDR settings (icon) to turn on and off HDR+ for Gcam is the same no matter the Gcam port you are using.
IMG_20200402_221325.jpg
While it is easy to just turn it on or off, the main action is in the Advanced Settings.
There quite some handful of settings under HDR+ Advanced Settings but we are going look at the most important ones.
IMG_20200402_222541.jpg

JPEG Quality - 90 - 100% but there is no much difference in size so I'll recommend 100%

HDR+ Enhanced Frames - this is a big game changer and a setting to take note of if you install Gcam and your HDR+ or HDR+ Enhanced pictures looks raw or pale. Just bump the numbers up. The numbering of the frames differs from Gcam to Gcam so I 3rd or 2nd to the highest number
IMG_20200402_223716.jpg

EV/Exposure Compensation - if your Gcam Advanced Settings have this for Night sight, tuned it to the highest (2.0) for daylight pictures it could be a little tricky. Higher EV can over-brighten day light images so you should. Exposure compensation brings in light generally to the image being taken while HDR ensures that the bright parts of of the pictures maintains its brightness while brightening the darker parts. Combining HDR+ and EV can help create amazing pictures in low light.
Auto Exposure Correction - if you haven't handled DSLR Cameras before now and very comfortable with its manual settings leave this one on Auto.
If you can't tell which type of picture that will require 1/30 secs of shutter speed or 1/300 or 1/2 secs then use Auto. General rule of thumb faster movement requires bigger fraction of seconds eg 1/1000 sec will capture more details and less blur for a moving object ot person more than 1/10 secs.

Binary (customs) library - this very important especially if the Gcam you are using wasn't ported directly for your device. The default library settings is Google but if your default pictures are not top notch even after tweaking the HDR+ and EV settings then you can try different custom libraries.
IMG_20200402_232031.jpg

There could be ISO limit for HDR+
This setting controls the amount of light that goes into HDR+ from here you could choose to let in more light into HDR+. The default is usually OK but you can tweak it to your taste.
IMG_20200402_233056.jpg

Color settings
Under this we are going to consider Saturation, Brightness, Sharpness, chroma denoise, luma, even tone curve.
If you have done any kind of post picture editing, you will conversant with all the words above.
Saturation adds more color to the picture, you won't see much difference with sharpness.

The tweaks for Astrophotography and night sight are better off seeing in the video up.

Reactions: ezzony

ezzony

Jul 4, 2012
Dublin
LG V20
I came across your post here as I'm looking to tweak my LG v20 on LineageOS. I find all these camera seeing quite confusing so you might be able to point me in the right direction.

My issue is that at times blacks in photos come out way too black like charcoal and I figure if I could tweak this I could get amazing pics. I do get some very good one's but it's random, so I either get great pics, or ones that just look completely wrong, not just bad, but all wrong.

So, what should I be looking at to tweek exactly. Someone told me about a 'lib patcher' if you know anything about it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, if you are on xda you probably have heard about Google Camera App A.K.A Gcam and if you have there are two major struggles - how to find the most stable/latest Gcam mod the next, how do I tweak it to get the best pictures. There is already a General Gcam hub on xda here which is very well organised if that won't satisfy you, head over to your device forum and check the App and themes section. You should find one there and if you're not still satisfied check put my YouTube Gcam Playlist for All Android and choose the particular today that serves your need. But I am not here today basically for how to find the best Gcam for your device, if you have found the perfect Gcam for your device, how well do you know the Advanced Settings.

Here I will cover the most important Advanced settings, there are few things in the Advanced Settings that may not result in any significant improvement or change on the picture you take but may still be important. It will be a long read so I'd you are as lazy as me and still want to see all the details, watch the videos or scroll down to continue reading.
    #1 Best Gcam 7+Settings for All Android (Mastering Gcam Advanced Settings Pt 1)
    This was based on Gcam 7.2 by Urnyx05 a very good and versatile Gcam port
    #2 Gcam Best Settings for All Android (Mastering Gcam Advanced Settings Pt. 2)
    In this one, we cut accross Gcam 6.2, 6.3, 7.2 and 7.3 advanced settings

#3 Gcam 7.3 Best Settings For All Android (Mastering Gcam Advanced Settings Pt. 3)
    In this one we focused only on Gcam 7.3 using Parrot043 Gcam 7.3 v1 one of the most advanced Gcam 7.3
    The main problem here is that your own Gcam Advanced Settings may look different from the one in the video so you might want to stick around for a little bit and learn what these advanced settings do.

We kick things off with HDR - High Dynamic Range settings.
    This will include Advanced Settings for:
    HDR+
    HDR+ Enhanced
    EV - Exposure Value
    Exposure Compensation

The HDR settings (icon) to turn on and off HDR+ for Gcam is the same no matter the Gcam port you are using.
    IMG_20200402_221325.jpg
    While it is easy to just turn it on or off, the main action is in the Advanced Settings.
    There quite some handful of settings under HDR+ Advanced Settings but we are going look at the most important ones.
    IMG_20200402_222541.jpg

JPEG Quality - 90 - 100% but there is no much difference in size so I'll recommend 100%

HDR+ Enhanced Frames - this is a big game changer and a setting to take note of if you install Gcam and your HDR+ or HDR+ Enhanced pictures looks raw or pale. Just bump the numbers up. The numbering of the frames differs from Gcam to Gcam so I 3rd or 2nd to the highest number
    IMG_20200402_223716.jpg

EV/Exposure Compensation - if your Gcam Advanced Settings have this for Night sight, tuned it to the highest (2.0) for daylight pictures it could be a little tricky. Higher EV can over-brighten day light images so you should. Exposure compensation brings in light generally to the image being taken while HDR ensures that the bright parts of of the pictures maintains its brightness while brightening the darker parts. Combining HDR+ and EV can help create amazing pictures in low light.
    Auto Exposure Correction - if you haven't handled DSLR Cameras before now and very comfortable with its manual settings leave this one on Auto.
    If you can't tell which type of picture that will require 1/30 secs of shutter speed or 1/300 or 1/2 secs then use Auto. General rule of thumb faster movement requires bigger fraction of seconds eg 1/1000 sec will capture more details and less blur for a moving object ot person more than 1/10 secs.

Binary (customs) library - this very important especially if the Gcam you are using wasn't ported directly for your device. The default library settings is Google but if your default pictures are not top notch even after tweaking the HDR+ and EV settings then you can try different custom libraries.
    IMG_20200402_232031.jpg

There could be ISO limit for HDR+
    This setting controls the amount of light that goes into HDR+ from here you could choose to let in more light into HDR+. The default is usually OK but you can tweak it to your taste.
    IMG_20200402_233056.jpg

Color settings
    Under this we are going to consider Saturation, Brightness, Sharpness, chroma denoise, luma, even tone curve.
    If you have done any kind of post picture editing, you will conversant with all the words above.
    Saturation adds more color to the picture, you won't see much difference with sharpness.

The tweaks for Astrophotography and night sight are better off seeing in the video up.