Question How to get to the carrier_policy.xml file in Oxygen OS 12?

Search This thread

Shady Guy Jose

Dec 4, 2021
So, Oxygen OS 11 didn't support 5G on my carrier out of the box. However, I managed to get it to work by replacing the carrier_policy.xml file with this tutorial:
It got wiped with every system update, but it's never been hard to reenable. However, with Oxygen OS 12, the procedure doesn't work at all because the Engineering Mode APK refuses to install. So, I'm stuck on 4G. Is there any other way to get to said file and replace it? Preferably without rooting the phone. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Jaxom84

Shady Guy Jose

Dec 4, 2021
For some people (me included) 5G is working, but on 2nd SIM slot only.
Mine's not working at all. Two different carriers, the option shows up in the menu, but enabling it does nothing. It's exactly what happened in Oxygen OS 11 before I replaced the carrier policy file, hence why I'm specifically asking for a way to reach it in Oxygen OS 12.

Reactions: MaUop3

Zeus0fyork

Nov 30, 2020
Mine's not working at all. Two different carriers, the option shows up in the menu, but enabling it does nothing. It's exactly what happened in Oxygen OS 11 before I replaced the carrier policy file, hence why I'm specifically asking for a way to reach it in Oxygen OS 12.
You enabled nr by doing *#*#4636#*#* right?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, Oxygen OS 11 didn't support 5G on my carrier out of the box. However, I managed to get it to work by replacing the carrier_policy.xml file with this tutorial:
    It got wiped with every system update, but it's never been hard to reenable. However, with Oxygen OS 12, the procedure doesn't work at all because the Engineering Mode APK refuses to install. So, I'm stuck on 4G. Is there any other way to get to said file and replace it? Preferably without rooting the phone. Thanks in advance.
    For some people (me included) 5G is working, but on 2nd SIM slot only.