Question How to GSI on s23 ultra

Search This thread

Therazorsedge

Dec 15, 2017
youtu.be
Hi, i want to try android 14/pixel exp on s23 ultra as i have it on s22U but it seems to be impossible to install. Neither installs throught fastbootd neither from twrp how can i do it? Thanks

Reactions: pierro78

Therazorsedge

Dec 15, 2017
youtu.be
Hi, @inthedthank you for your reply, it says that vbmeta partition is not accesible through adb when i try to flash it (failed) any workaround with that?

Cfly

Sep 17, 2013
Hi I am kind of noobish to GSIs but I got the google built android 13 GSI working on my s23 last night, couldn't get pixel experience to boot. CrDroid would boot but I was getting a lot of random trips to the bootscreen during set-up.

Haven't tried android 14 yet, but the procedure was pretty simple for android 13 GSI. I had already unlocked bootloader/rooted my s23 before attempting this, which included flashing vbmeta_disabled

Downloaded official google android 13 GSI

Install TWRP with Odin
Reboot to recovery and wiped data
Reboot then into fastboot inside of TWRP
flashing gsi using fastboot: fastboot flash system system image
restarted went through set-up and downloaded Magisk and Pixelfy magisk mod and I am pretty content

If anyone knows how to get another GSI like Pixel Experience or CrDroid to work reliably I am super interested

inthedark22

Mar 20, 2013
Almere
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra

Therazorsedge

Dec 15, 2017
youtu.be
Hi I am kind of noobish to GSIs but I got the google built android 13 GSI working on my s23 last night, couldn't get pixel experience to boot. CrDroid would boot but I was getting a lot of random trips to the bootscreen during set-up.

Haven't tried android 14 yet, but the procedure was pretty simple for android 13 GSI. I had already unlocked bootloader/rooted my s23 before attempting this, which included flashing vbmeta_disabled

Install TWRP with Odin
restarted went through set-up and downloaded Magisk and Pixelfy magisk mod and I am pretty content

If anyone knows how to get another GSI like Pixel Experience or CrDroid to work reliably I am super interested

Hi, what version of A13 you tried? try to install the PEX rom and after that install original recovery, it should boot well, let me know

Keller0088

Oct 6, 2014
Uruguay
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Install TWRP with Odin

Wow that is awesome dude!! How is it going? Bugs you have found? Fingerprint?

Reactions: pierro78

Flammer99

Mar 31, 2023

Install TWRP with Odin

How is it? Smooth? Any problem? Battery wise? Everything :)))

Cfly

Sep 17, 2013

Hi guys, sorry for the delay. The stock 13 GSI was pretty good albeit not perfect. Smoothness was very nice after force enabling 120hz through adb (battery life is notably worse, as you would expect).

Feels just about as smooth as stock, which is pretty good IMO.

This was the stock google build, so no fingerprint or face unlock. I would imagine custom GSIs would fix some of this.

However I eventually returned to stock since I post videos on social media apps a lot, and the generic camera API on the GSI made it pretty bad to look at.

Fun to try out, just wasn't ready for my needs yet.

I also did try to flash the original recovery for PEX like the user above me mentioned, still no dice. I have been out of the Android scene for a few years prior to this so it is probably something I am doing.

Hope this helps, thanks!

mohammed510

Feb 3, 2012
Dubai
Google Pixel 7a
@mohammed510
he's using trebledroid's LOS 20 I assume
The "Light" version by Andy Yan is the best one for S23U. There's a camera app already included. As for gcam, the one by "Shamim" works but only ultra wide lens. Better use the one included as it has switching between lenses all working.

Bugs are:
AOD
Fingerprint scanner
VoLTE

I think the first 2 can be fixed with Overlays that are flashed using Magisk. It's possible to have a almost 99% working GSI on S23U

You can make phone calls but it will be over 3G networks (not that bad really) and not through 4G as VoLTE still doesn't work

You can easily pass safety net with universal safetynet fix "MOD version" and Google Wallet also works after passing Safetynet

Last edited:

JakoDel

May 15, 2017
The "Light" version by Andy Yan is the best one for S23U. There's a camera app already included. As for gcam, the one by "Shamim" works but only ultra wide lens. Better use the one included as it has switching between lenses all working
thanks a lot! and may I ask how is the battery life compared to oneUI?
edit: didn't see your new edit, I guess I'll try to follow the guide for making an overlay on github, many thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi guys, sorry for the delay. The stock 13 GSI was pretty good albeit not perfect. Smoothness was very nice after force enabling 120hz through adb (battery life is notably worse, as you would expect).

Feels just about as smooth as stock, which is pretty good IMO.

This was the stock google build, so no fingerprint or face unlock. I would imagine custom GSIs would fix some of this.

However I eventually returned to stock since I post videos on social media apps a lot, and the generic camera API on the GSI made it pretty bad to look at.

Fun to try out, just wasn't ready for my needs yet.

I also did try to flash the original recovery for PEX like the user above me mentioned, still no dice. I have been out of the Android scene for a few years prior to this so it is probably something I am doing.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Install TWRP with Odin

thanks! managed to install it and it would be almost perfect if it werent for the.. random graphics lag :p
    do you have this bug as well? btw, I flashed the bgN package. it's still usable as a daily driver, I really didn't expect it to work this well, but it's a bit annoying not gonna lie. and the fp scanner lock option is completely absent, cant even try enrolling it :')

I'll report it to github alongside the fp scanner later on, might get both issues fixed
    There's no bgN in "light" version. You might have flashed the TD based one? The correct one is "gN".

Light is much smoother than TD. After Flashing it go to Display and force FPS to 1440p@120hz. I haven't had any lags after forcing 120hz tbh.

Yes, FP doesn't show. AOD is available but hidden.
    Battery life is better and phone runs noticeably cooler. Uses much less RAM also :)
    and now I am 100% convinced. it's time for some modding on a 1k device

I'll look into making an overlay, doesn't seem that hard, I'll let you know how it goes
    Hi, i want to try android 14/pixel exp on s23 ultra as i have it on s22U but it seems to be impossible to install. Neither installs throught fastbootd neither from twrp how can i do it? Thanks