How to guide (9.0 Android) LVM Chinese Unification Storage Method

Search This thread

Lemme-flash

Dec 23, 2018
Did you first backup your internal storage and format it? Looks like the storage is corrupt. First try going back to Color os and let see if that boots then try the steps again. Good luck :good:
I copied the valuable data and then simply started the guide without formatting the storage. I figured it needed to be formatted a very specific way not supported by Windows. I did format the SD card in Windows to FAT32. Also, I was running the latest Color OS with unified storage.

I'll try the steps again and see. Should I use limited storage mode or unified storage? Thanks. :)

I assume using the Nano GAPPS is fine (guide said only Pico). :)

Last edited:
Reactions: brownboy1289

gedster314

Sep 7, 2007
Oxnard, Ca
I started from an older unified ColorOS and the Install went fine for me except for the /sdcard link doesn’t work and apps that want to write to it fail. Tried making incorporating the external card as internal memory but that just made things worse.

You guys with 7a phones, were your sdcard links working after install? I spent some time trying to find a method for pointing the link to the external card but haven’t found much info for Oreo. Thinking of flashing back to the original ColorOS and do the CrDroid flash again.

I really want to sort out these issues, I want this phone as my daily driver. I’m so tired of the my aluminum bodied phones. I’ve also had quiet a few people look at my white 7a and ask me about it.

gedster314

Sep 7, 2007
Oxnard, Ca
I solved my /sdcard issue. Turns out it was because I came from a unified storage ColorOS. I used the restore app on the first page and then performed Oreo install process.

Lemme-flash

Dec 23, 2018
I never got around to try and fix my phone because I found that the screen had cracked. I had screen protector and a hard case around it and always very careful. Turns out the quality was very very poor. Definitely not Gorilla Glass but some cheap low-quality brittle glass. Before it cracked the screen already showed artifacts and burn-in or backlighting problems. :( I think I'm giving up, this phone has been a headache software-wise from the beginning... And now it seems like it's impossible to find good replacement parts.

If anyone know where to find a quality display module (entire piece with frame, screen and touch digitizer) I might buy yet another one and try... Can you even find any quality screens with genuine Gorilla Glass and a display with full compatibility anymore?

brownboy1289

Jun 8, 2013
London
I never got around to try and fix my phone because I found that the screen had cracked. I had screen protector and a hard case around it and always very careful. Turns out the quality was very very poor. Definitely not Gorilla Glass but some cheap low-quality brittle glass. :( I think I'm giving up, this phone has been a headache software-wise from the beginning...

If anyone know where to find a quality display module (entire piece with frame, screen and touch digitizer) I might buy yet another one and try... Can you even find any quality screens with genuine Gorilla Glass and a display with full compatibility?

£20.49 11%OFF | Original LCD Frame For OPPO Find 7 X9077 Axisinternational LCD Screen Display+Touch Panel Digitizer For Oppo X9077 Display Frame
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bEkY7c0Z

I'm not sure about if it is genuine most likely third party but double check on AliExpress. Good luck :cowboy:

Reactions: Lemme-flash

Lemme-flash

Dec 23, 2018
£20.49 11%OFF | Original LCD Frame For OPPO Find 7 X9077 Axisinternational LCD Screen Display+Touch Panel Digitizer For Oppo X9077 Display Frame
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bEkY7c0Z

I'm not sure about if it is genuine most likely third party but double check on AliExpress. Good luck :cowboy:
Hmm, considering getting an LG G7 ThinQ or a V40 now. :/

I have the X9076 so I'm assuming the X9077 display won't work? Also, I paid like $45 for just the display (without frame) with poor quality on eBay. If this Aliexpress screen is high-quality I've been scammed. The seller could also claim it was original when it wasn't (I thought they stopped making original screens?).

I'm assuming the X9077 vs X9076 is due to antennas in the frame?

EDIT: I just bought the LG G7 ThinQ for 365 EUR / 420 USD. The Find 7 doesn't work with my handsfree, original screen is only Gorilla Glass 3 and I have serious doubts about aftermarket screens. :/ #jumpingship

Last edited:

Saiba16

Jan 18, 2019
My ColorOS Download Tool is not downloading/Working. This happened after I unbricked my device.
KNWB2BJ
Any ideas?

Gborg3

Dec 5, 2013
HP Touchpad
OnePlus 6T
Only hold those buttons until the partitioning begins. Once it does, let go of the power button until the partitioning process completes or you will have to start the process again.

Last edited:

Saiba16

Jan 18, 2019
Sorry just got back.

Hi, sorry for the lack of response, just came back from a month outstation business. It has yet to be resolved. But I will try the methods that you guys pointed out. Thanks! Cheers!

Saiba16

Jan 18, 2019
THANK YOU!

Thank you everyone! It the method that you guys have mentioned worked! Now i got 8.1 android working fine and dandy! THANKS!

wilson310

Aug 30, 2016
Thank you!

Is the modded.img you made? I hope that you can make a new one after the latest twrp3.2.3-1 is released, because lineageos for find7 released a new version 16 today, and the old twrp can't flash Google apps for Android 9.

Best wishes:)

Chevyguy85

Nov 15, 2011
Orlando
Is the modded.img you made? I hope that you can make a new one after the latest twrp3.2.3-1 is released, because lineageos for find7 released a new version 16 today, and the old twrp can't flash Google apps for Android 9.

Best wishes:)

You can flash gapps, just needs to be a different one, open gapps is too large. Maybe new TWRP will work, but the OP for 16.0 say to use a different gapps.

jakoob_cz

Jun 20, 2009
I can confirm the OpenGapps doesn't work for LOS 16.0, even the Pico version. Looking for alternatives...

EDIT: Success, wiped the system partition (not the data), downloaded MindTheGapps and I'm back in the game baby ;)
https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=170282

EDIT2: In case you have upgraded from LOS15 with Gapps without deleting them, you have to manually uninstall and install the Google apps (YouTube, Contacts, Phone, ...) using Play Store. My guess is it will delete the 8.1 version and download the 9.0 version.

Last edited:
Reactions: play8oy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this guide, I will show how to how to change from LVM to Chinese unification storage method. Windows OS Only.

This guide is specifically for Oppo Find 7(A/S).

The idea of changing to chinese unification storage method is to have access to 8.1 Android operating system and future Android OS builds.

Please follow these following steps in order be able to run 8.1 Android on your OPPO Find 7.

1) Back up only your internal storage because after you flash the following tools, the internal storage will be wiped completely.

2) Download this file (for OPPO Find 7s) and this file (for OPPO Find 7a) then run the following steps:

• Extract the files, and locate the QcomMtk_Driver_Setup.exe (*install this driver*) and reboot your computer system.
    • After rebooting, take off the battery off the Oppo find 7 and press the volume up button and connect to the PC using a micro USB cable. Go to the device manager, open the ports tab and there should be something like qualcomm etc. If there is no warning sign then you are fine and you should proceed along the steps. If there is a warning sign, just right click on the driver and update by letting windows finding the appropriate drivers.

Capture3.PNG
    • Then go back to the folder where you extract the zip file and locate (X9077_Android5.0_32G_20150520.exe) or X9007 respectively and run as administrator. rights only.

Capture4.PNG
    • Agree with the licence. As shown in the image.

Capture.PNG
    • Now, again, make sure your battery is removed, hold volume up button and connect to the pc.
    • Click the first top left button as indicated in the image below.

Capture2.PNG
    • Now, the software should do the rest so please be patient and wait until the green line has finished and the timeclock down on the bottom right as come to a halt.
    • After the green line has finished, please remove your device and plug back your battery. Let the device fully boot up before moving on the following steps.
    • After you get to the setup screen. Press and hold the power off button and shutdown fully before going back to the fast boot mode by pressing volume up and power button at the same time, the battery needs to be installed this time.

-
    1) Have your phone in bootloader mode. (Turn off your phone, press volume up button and power button together and connect usb).

2) Navigate to the folder and click on the top left of the folder and copy that. e.g C:\Users\samgi\Desktop\platform-tools

Capture5.PNG

3) Open cmd and type in: cd C:\Users\samgi\Desktop\platform-tools

Capture6.PNG

4) In cmd type in: fastboot flash recovery image-modded.img

4) Remove USB and press power button and volume down button simultaneously.

-After you have flashed the recovery, boot into recovery and store the ROM, GAPPS and cm13 unified patch in the external sd card using your USB.

Download your favourite 9.0 ROM:
    crDroid for example: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=262369

Install GAPPS (only pico):
    http://opengapps.org/

After you have downloaded all the files rom gapps cm13 patch etc. Make sure to flash each of the zip files one by one:
    1) Flash ROM
    2)Flash Pico Gapps
    3)Flash CM13 Patch here

So basically, just head over to https://download.lineageos.org/find7 and download the latest Lineage OS 16 ROM. Then download the MindTheGapps (since pico OpenGapps can't work) from https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=170282 make sure to get 9.0.0arm.

Reboot to recovery, wipe the dalvik, system and cache. Then proceed with installing the the LOS 16 ROM. After that, you can flash the CM 13 patch and the gapps (MindTheGapps). It's ok to do gapps first before the CM 13 patch. I noticed that it makes no difference. Works the same every time.

Well, that's about it, reboot and enjoy. OTA should work after this. I think.

Good luck.

Then, simply clear cache and boot to your 9.0 OS. P.S don't forget to restore your data that you deleted in step one. :p

Optional: If you want to go back to Color OS or you have hard-bricked your OPPO Find 7(A/S) this tool will help you get back to stock firmware.

STOCK FIRMWARE (LVM)

Here are the instructions to unbrick your phone:

This is going to be a step by step guide on how to unbrick your OPPO FIND 7 (A/S)

Before attempting this guide, Windows is needed to be in "Test Mode".
    To do this:
    1) Open CMD with admin rights, and type "bcdedit /set testsigning on" without the colons.
    2) Restart your computer.
    End result:

hqdefault.jpg

This will check if this guide is applicable.
    Note: Make sure your device has at least 70% battery. Charge it for an hour or so if you are not sure about the amount of battery left.
    Note 2: I'll assume you are an admin of the computer you are using.
    1) Disconnect your device from your charger/computer, etc.
    2) Take out the battery and wait for 5 seconds.
    3) Put the battery back in, hold the Power+Volume Up buttons and plug it into the computer.
    4) Release your hands, and go to Device Manager. (How to go to device manager below)

1. Click the start menu
    2. Right click Computer (Right hand side)
    3. Click Properties
    4. On the left hand side, click on Device Manager

5) Under Ports, you'll see either QHSUSB_BULK or Qualcomm *blah blah blah* 9006/9008
    If you don't see any of the three, you're doing it wrong (Probably).
    If you're not seeing it, try connecting your device without the battery.

Next, we uninstall the drivers. Simple enough.
    WARNING: This part is only for people seeing Qualcomm 9006/9008 in Device Manager.
    1) Uninstall the driver. (Right click your device, then click Uninstall. If prompted, delete driver software too)
    2) Unplug your device.
    3) Take out the battery and wait for 5 seconds.
    4) Put the battery back in, hold the Power+Volume Up buttons and plug it into the computer.
    5) Release your hands, and go to Device Manager.
    You should see QHSUSB_BULK, if not, you might be doing it wrong.

Now we install the proper drivers.
    NOTE: You should be seeing QHSUSB_BULK in your Device Manager, if not you're doing it wrong.
    1) Download the Find 5 Drivers and unzip the file anywhere.
    2) Right click on your device showing QHSUSB_BULK and click on Update Driver Software.
    3) Click on "Browse my computer for driver software", and select the folder in which you extracted the drivers to.
    4) It will install automagically. If prompted, click on Install the driver anyway.
    After installing, your device should say Qualcomm *blah blah blah* 9006/9008.

The moment all of you have been waiting for. Unbrick!
    NOTE: Your device should be connected at all times.
    1) Download the tool that will save you below.
    2) Extract the contents from the zip file.
    3) Open the .exe file with admin rights.
    4) There should be a line that is visibly different from others.
    5) If there is, click start and wait till that line turns green. (It takes a few minutes. Generally nothing should go wrong at this stage.) If there isn't, you're doing it wrong.
    6) After the line turns green, unplug your device and hold the power button until you see the Oppo logo.
    7) If all goes well, you should be booted to ColourOS v1.2.5i.
    If everything went through smoothly, you should be unbricked and ready to brick your device again.

Special thanks to:
    @tashimotor https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=64149659&postcount=3
    @Manas1796 thread: https://xdaforums.com/find-7/general/7-dead-development-oppo-7-terminated-t3764649
    @crdroid
    @ akmlfhm https://xdaforums.com/find-7/help/how-to-debrick-unbricka-oppo-7-7a-t3717802
    @play8oy
    for those that need X9007_Android5.0_16G_20150520, X9077_Android5.0_32G_20150520 and other files
    Hello,

Im sorry if i asked this on this thread.

I using latest crdroid 8.1 for find 7.

Is anyone have problem after rebooted phone, Adaway always disable, need manually press "download files and apply ad blocking" like the screenshot

Tq.
    I did not get the adway to stay on, it always get disabled again. But I use Project Skynet Raising, and it has a very good ad blocker. You will find PSR if you search groups on Google+ by the whole name. I will advice to do a donation to Ks1 to get prime version.

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

I did not get the adway to stay on, it always get disabled again. But I use Project Skynet Raising, and it has a very good ad blocker. You will find PSR if you search groups on Google+ by the whole name. I will advice to do a donation to Ks1 to get prime version.
    Or find it here; https://plus.google.com/communities/107561289774404004127
    It took me no longer than 3 minutes. I think you're doing something wrong. Remove the battery and press and hold the volume up button while you connect the USB cable.

Let me know how it goes.

Now it works. I changed two things:

1. I extracted the X9007_Android5.0_16G_20150520.exe to a folder instead only to desktop (without any folder).
    2. Then i startet the .exe, accepted the license, pressed left top button to start "waiting for device" mode and after that i connected my cellphone to the computer while holding Vol+ without any battery.

I found a similar tutorial here: https://xdaforums.com/find-7/orig-development/rom-cm-13-0-official-nightlies-find7a-s-t3263643

Thanks.
    Arghhhhhhhh... It was fine for a couple of days, but now I have disconnect issues again...
    Must be a hardware failure of my phone I guess

Yes, has happened to me a few times. I'm still unsure what caused it.

I did reboot and change/ play around with the wifi settings. I even relocated my wifi modem/router. The problem seems to be gone for now. I'm not sure what I did.

Do you have any other wifi modem/router? Or try testing with another wifi modem.

Gd luck.