Hello, as the title states I have found a way to bypass the password with the pin, pattern, and password option on the lockscreen without doing a factory data reset. I have not tried face unlock, I will try it soon. I would first like to thank Kosborn for his p2p-adb which bothe helped and gave me the idea. His p2p-adb can be located here.
I will also be adding this feature to Kosborn's p2p-adb soon as well.
Now to get down to it.
What you will need:
- Phone with eithier 'USB Debugging" enabled or a Custom Recovery
- A file editor (I use Notepad++)
- Basic adb skills
*If you already have "USB Debugging enabled please skip to Step 5*
- If the phone does not have USB Debugging enabled you need to flash a custom recovery to the phone. I will not post a step to step guide to on how to flash a custom recovery, just google it.
- When you have the custom recovery flashed to the phone boot into recovery mode and mount /system. In CWM it can be found under "Mounts and Storage"
- When /system is mounted pull build.prop and open it with the file editor I mentioned above.
adb pull /system/build.prop
- You will have to add one line into the build.prop file for adb to be enabled when you reboot the phone
- Add the line below to the build.prop file.
- Save build.prop file.
- Now we have to push the file back to the phone so
adb push build.prop /system/build.prop adb shell chmod 0644 /system/build.prop
- Reboot phone
- Run command below and you should see you device attached, If not make sure you have the correct drivers installed.
Using adb type the following commands
adb shell mv /data/system/gesture.key /data/system/gesture.key.bak adb shell mv /data/system/password.key /data/system/password.key.bak
- Reboot phone
You should now be able to unlock your phone without having any password. And more importantly with having all of your data on the phone still.
If you found this helpful please hit the thanks button.