[How-To-Guides] V4A, Play Store/Xposed And More!

Search This thread

elliwigy

Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Staff member
Hey all,

I'm a regular on these forums (throughout the day every day) and like to develop my own ROMs for other devices and help out in every way I can!

I noticed a lot of threads spread out across the AFTV forum for Xposed, Gapps etc. I however feel they should all be in one place!

I will provide details/instructions for things that worked for me.

I will not have guides someone else made without their permission as well as I will provide credits where due!

* I will not cover rooting or installing a pre rooted ROM.
* I will assume if you are here you are on @rbox latest rom/recovery. You have root with SuperSU and a working Busybox.

* Thread will be cleaned and links added soon!
*I will upload files I know work 100% to either my AFH or my Drive folder.
* Eventually (when I get my keyboard/mouse) I will be creating ROMs with all of this baked in.

Xposed+Play Store

I didnt get around to pictures and a more advanced tutorial YET but willpost screens later:

1) Be on rbox latest pre rooted rom and recovery.

2) Download the following: Xposed framework, Xposed installer apk, hdx module apk, open gapps nano flashable zip, lean back playstore 5.10 & Market helper apk (market helper might not be necessary but I used it.)
https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0By9dxKZHr9vaUVhMRnc0RGxTNnc/edit
3) Have a custom launcher already such as leanback launcher or firestarter etc. as well as a root browser like es file explorer and/or root browser.

4) If mouse doesnt work then use a mouse apk such as Wukong on play store.

5) Move all downloaded files to storage of choice (internal sd card, microSD or usb storage)

6) Boot into TWRP and navigate to the Xposed framework and flash it then reboot system.

7) Once booted install the Xposed installer apk and reboot.

8) Install HDX module apk.

9) Go into Xposed installer it should say everythings installed. Go to modules and use a mouse to check the box for HDX and reboot.

10) Boot back into TWRP and navigate to and flash the open gapps zip and reboot to system.

11) Go into system/priv-app/Phonesky/ and delete the phonesky apk and reboot.

12) Using a root browser, navigate to the leanback play store we downloaded and rename to Phonesky.apk

13) Copy the apk and put it in /system/priv-app/Phonesky/Phonesky.apk

14) Set permissions on Phonesky.apk to rw-r-r and reboot

15) When booted back up, using a 3rd party launcher, open Play Store.

16) You might need to use a mouse again to be able to sign into google account.

17) optional step, install market helper apk and set to Google/Android TV.

Play Store should work and download apks successfully.

Note: As usual usb debugging should be on throughout the whole process and when opening stuff make sure to grant su permissions if it pops up throughout the process.

V4A with Neon
1) Download latest V4A apk and push to device.
2) Install apk and open it.
3) When it prompts, install driver (if it gives an option install highest quality.)
4) Download and extract zips at this drive folder (also download the v4a apk while youreat it) :
https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0By9dxKZHr9vaOHJOMkc3TUFsSXM/edit
5) Take all the files and place in respective folders. For example, 50viper.sh goes into /system/etc/init.d/50viper.sh
6) Each file we push needs to have permissions set to rw-r-r.
7) Reboot device.
8) Push universal init.d from the play store to your device and install it.
9) Open it and grant su. You should see the 50viper.sh file. Turn the init.d switch to on in the app and then press the start button towards top right.
10) you should see it say it was started. Now open the V4A app and select the menu button (you can use menu button on fire tv remote) and go to driver status.

It should say everything thing is enabled and supported! Keep in mind it will not show processing unless you are playing audio.

Miscellaneous APK's (Leanback Youtube, ADB Wifi, Kodi 15.2 etc. Is a work in progress...)

https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0By9dxKZHr9vaSUVUWExJYVNWSW8/edit

CREDITS
@zeroepoch for root - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=63750572

@rbox - for Recovery/Pre Rooted ROMs and his constant support!

@jocala for adbFire - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=53485230

@Chainfire - for SuperSU

@V4A Team

More to come! PM me if I forgot credits as I'm almost certain I have...

Last edited:

elliwigy

Staff member
Screenshots...

Attachments

• 1455692555830.jpg
    1455692555830.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 1,127
  • 1455692596375.jpg
    1455692596375.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,113
  • 1455692609167.jpg
    1455692609167.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,091
  • 1455692653362.jpg
    1455692653362.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,051
  • 1455692703828.jpg
    1455692703828.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,049
  • 1455692720312.jpg
    1455692720312.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,053
  • 1455692737242.jpg
    1455692737242.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,037
Reactions: puppinoo

Largewoodenspoon

Nov 12, 2011
Thanks Elliwigy! I am going to try again with playstore when I get home. I couldn't get the playstore to show in Firestarter. I ended up installing the apk as a normal app which gave the error code upon installing anything from the store. I will also try v4a and leanback you tube. I'll let you know how it goes!

Reactions: elliwigy

dk1keith

Jul 26, 2012
I willalso start working on a debloat list as well tomorrow.. I will list theAPK and what it is the best I can... If you have something toadd to the list or want guides for specific items you can request in here as well!
Great guides.....thanks much. quick question, does your Leanback Launcher show the settings?
thanks

Reactions: elliwigy

elliwigy

Staff member
Thanks Elliwigy! I am going to try again with playstore when I get home. I couldn't get the playstore to show in Firestarter. I ended up installing the apk as a normal app which gave the error code upon installing anything from the store. I will also try v4a and leanback you tube. I'll let you know how it goes!

I tend to be very detailed in my instructions lol. others are reporting success with this guide so hopefully you will as well!

go2xraj

Apr 29, 2011
Unfortunately I havent figured out how to stop updates on the Play Store yet. If someone does let me know!

Just go to the google play store in fire tv apps
Then click uninstall (It won't uninstall)
Then click the play store app it will open the old version

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all,

I'm a regular on these forums (throughout the day every day) and like to develop my own ROMs for other devices and help out in every way I can!

I noticed a lot of threads spread out across the AFTV forum for Xposed, Gapps etc. I however feel they should all be in one place!

I will provide details/instructions for things that worked for me.

I will not have guides someone else made without their permission as well as I will provide credits where due!

* I will not cover rooting or installing a pre rooted ROM.
    * I will assume if you are here you are on @rbox latest rom/recovery. You have root with SuperSU and a working Busybox.

* Thread will be cleaned and links added soon!
    *I will upload files I know work 100% to either my AFH or my Drive folder.
    * Eventually (when I get my keyboard/mouse) I will be creating ROMs with all of this baked in.

Xposed+Play Store

I didnt get around to pictures and a more advanced tutorial YET but willpost screens later:

1) Be on rbox latest pre rooted rom and recovery.

2) Download the following: Xposed framework, Xposed installer apk, hdx module apk, open gapps nano flashable zip, lean back playstore 5.10 & Market helper apk (market helper might not be necessary but I used it.)
    https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0By9dxKZHr9vaUVhMRnc0RGxTNnc/edit
    3) Have a custom launcher already such as leanback launcher or firestarter etc. as well as a root browser like es file explorer and/or root browser.

4) If mouse doesnt work then use a mouse apk such as Wukong on play store.

5) Move all downloaded files to storage of choice (internal sd card, microSD or usb storage)

6) Boot into TWRP and navigate to the Xposed framework and flash it then reboot system.

7) Once booted install the Xposed installer apk and reboot.

8) Install HDX module apk.

9) Go into Xposed installer it should say everythings installed. Go to modules and use a mouse to check the box for HDX and reboot.

10) Boot back into TWRP and navigate to and flash the open gapps zip and reboot to system.

11) Go into system/priv-app/Phonesky/ and delete the phonesky apk and reboot.

12) Using a root browser, navigate to the leanback play store we downloaded and rename to Phonesky.apk

13) Copy the apk and put it in /system/priv-app/Phonesky/Phonesky.apk

14) Set permissions on Phonesky.apk to rw-r-r and reboot

15) When booted back up, using a 3rd party launcher, open Play Store.

16) You might need to use a mouse again to be able to sign into google account.

17) optional step, install market helper apk and set to Google/Android TV.

Play Store should work and download apks successfully.

Note: As usual usb debugging should be on throughout the whole process and when opening stuff make sure to grant su permissions if it pops up throughout the process.

V4A with Neon
    1) Download latest V4A apk and push to device.
    2) Install apk and open it.
    3) When it prompts, install driver (if it gives an option install highest quality.)
    4) Download and extract zips at this drive folder (also download the v4a apk while youreat it) :
    https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0By9dxKZHr9vaOHJOMkc3TUFsSXM/edit
    5) Take all the files and place in respective folders. For example, 50viper.sh goes into /system/etc/init.d/50viper.sh
    6) Each file we push needs to have permissions set to rw-r-r.
    7) Reboot device.
    8) Push universal init.d from the play store to your device and install it.
    9) Open it and grant su. You should see the 50viper.sh file. Turn the init.d switch to on in the app and then press the start button towards top right.
    10) you should see it say it was started. Now open the V4A app and select the menu button (you can use menu button on fire tv remote) and go to driver status.

It should say everything thing is enabled and supported! Keep in mind it will not show processing unless you are playing audio.

Miscellaneous APK's (Leanback Youtube, ADB Wifi, Kodi 15.2 etc. Is a work in progress...)

https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0By9dxKZHr9vaSUVUWExJYVNWSW8/edit

CREDITS
    @zeroepoch for root - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=63750572

@rbox - for Recovery/Pre Rooted ROMs and his constant support!

@jocala for adbFire - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=53485230

@Chainfire - for SuperSU

@V4A Team

More to come! PM me if I forgot credits as I'm almost certain I have...
    Screenshots...
    worked perfectly for me.

Great work...
    I willalso start working on a debloat list as well tomorrow.. I will list theAPK and what it is the best I can... If you have something toadd to the list or want guides for specific items you can request in here as well!
    Great guides.....thanks much. quick question, does your Leanback Launcher show the settings?
    thanks
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone