[How To]How to install Nethunter OS on OnePlus6T from OOS/CustomROM

Search This thread

Dopelife

Mar 30, 2022
Hello Developers,
This is my First thread On Oneplus 6T, I was waiting for Official Release of Nethunter Kali OS for Oneplus 6T. But after Searching and Waiting for two years, I got a solution for this Problem. Has You all oneplus 6T is more similar to Oneplus 6, the only major difference between both of them is of the fingerprint: OP6T has onscreen fingerprint and OP6 has fingerprint on the back panel and Nothing else. So instead of wasting your precious time lets start installing nethunter on OP6T. Due to this similarities I tried to install oneplus 6 ROM on OP6T and voila it was successful and everything works fine.

Requirements
  • Root Your Oneplus 6T ( If you are a Total Beginner, You can use this tool named ALL IN ONE TOOL FOR OP6T, you can refer to the given link for further instructions, just keep in mind use updated magisk and updated Twrp files while flashing.)
  • You can Download Magisk version 21.4 From here.
  • Download Oneplus 6 Nethunter Rom From the Official Site ( According to the OS running on your OP6T ) Nethunter For ONEPLUS 6/6T
  • Unlocked Bootloader ( You can use the All In One Tool For this Purpose Also, whole data would be deleted while unlocking Bootloader. )
  • Custom Recovery To Flash The Nethunter OS ( TWRP )
  • Stock OP6T OS & Stock Kernel
From Oxygen OS to Nethunter OS
  • Root Your Oneplus 6T
  • Boot To TWRP
  • Do A Factory Data Reset ( Not Recommend, Totally Depends On You has, of phone is wiped while unlocking bootloader) :-- Optional
  • Flash The Downloaded Nethunter OP6 Rom on your OP6T.
  • Flash Gapps If you need : - Optional. ( No Need To Flash Magisk Has, while flashing nethunter in recovery it says the same: Magisk is available no need to reinstall )
  • Check The Slot the Rom have been Flashed On Slot A.
  • Reboot Recovery And Check Whether The Slot has Changed. ( Has i Saw on forums that, the slot should be changed and we have to reflash the custom os to run seamlessly, but this is not the case. you can continue if the slot is not changed, has i try to reflash and the slot was not changed, but I am able to use my OP6T with Official Nethunter ).
  • If the Slot Has been Changed, Reflash the Nethunter Zip on slot B.
  • Similarly Install Gapps On Second Slot also If you want .
  • Then Boot Your Oneplus 6T and Open Nethunter App And Install chroot has per your need. ( I have installed Minimal chroot and each function are running without any problem, I am able to put my internal wifi SOC in monitor mode, I am able to use wifite, airmon-ng to monitor wifi, it is less powerfull but we can use it).
  • If after Flasing the Nethunter OS and booting Your OP6T has some errors, such as unable to install chroot or nethunter app not running just do a factory reset from TWRP and boot your phone, finish the setup process and all set to go..! Your Nethunter Rom is ready to use..

If you are using a custom OS, I Will suggest you to flash Oneplus 6T stock firmware And Then Follow The Same Procedure.

amdev0101

Aug 29, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Sony Xperia Z5
The official nethunter build says it works on lineage 19.1 but it's the same kernel as oos11 build and which modified some code and dt2w and fast charging doesn't work so I rebuilt the kernel based on up to date lineage sources with everything working, now unofficial aospa is available i built a nethunter kernel for it but it uses dynamic partitions and I cannot keep the phone decrypted and therefore kali cannot read storage, dm verity disabler doesn't work anymore and neo-dfe doesn't either, does anyone know how to keep 6t decrypted on a13 dynamic partitions?

criss02

Jul 9, 2023
I have OnePlus 6 with Android 11 beta and all works perfectly but I can't connect external wifi adaptor any solution ❓

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Developers,
    This is my First thread On Oneplus 6T, I was waiting for Official Release of Nethunter Kali OS for Oneplus 6T. But after Searching and Waiting for two years, I got a solution for this Problem. Has You all oneplus 6T is more similar to Oneplus 6, the only major difference between both of them is of the fingerprint: OP6T has onscreen fingerprint and OP6 has fingerprint on the back panel and Nothing else. So instead of wasting your precious time lets start installing nethunter on OP6T. Due to this similarities I tried to install oneplus 6 ROM on OP6T and voila it was successful and everything works fine.

Requirements
    • Root Your Oneplus 6T ( If you are a Total Beginner, You can use this tool named ALL IN ONE TOOL FOR OP6T, you can refer to the given link for further instructions, just keep in mind use updated magisk and updated Twrp files while flashing.)
    • You can Download Magisk version 21.4 From here.
    • Download Oneplus 6 Nethunter Rom From the Official Site ( According to the OS running on your OP6T ) Nethunter For ONEPLUS 6/6T
    • Unlocked Bootloader ( You can use the All In One Tool For this Purpose Also, whole data would be deleted while unlocking Bootloader. )
    • Custom Recovery To Flash The Nethunter OS ( TWRP )
    • Stock OP6T OS & Stock Kernel
    From Oxygen OS to Nethunter OS
    • Root Your Oneplus 6T
    • Boot To TWRP
    • Do A Factory Data Reset ( Not Recommend, Totally Depends On You has, of phone is wiped while unlocking bootloader) :-- Optional
    • Flash The Downloaded Nethunter OP6 Rom on your OP6T.
    • Flash Gapps If you need : - Optional. ( No Need To Flash Magisk Has, while flashing nethunter in recovery it says the same: Magisk is available no need to reinstall )
    • Check The Slot the Rom have been Flashed On Slot A.
    • Reboot Recovery And Check Whether The Slot has Changed. ( Has i Saw on forums that, the slot should be changed and we have to reflash the custom os to run seamlessly, but this is not the case. you can continue if the slot is not changed, has i try to reflash and the slot was not changed, but I am able to use my OP6T with Official Nethunter ).
    • If the Slot Has been Changed, Reflash the Nethunter Zip on slot B.
    • Similarly Install Gapps On Second Slot also If you want .
    • Then Boot Your Oneplus 6T and Open Nethunter App And Install chroot has per your need. ( I have installed Minimal chroot and each function are running without any problem, I am able to put my internal wifi SOC in monitor mode, I am able to use wifite, airmon-ng to monitor wifi, it is less powerfull but we can use it).
    • If after Flasing the Nethunter OS and booting Your OP6T has some errors, such as unable to install chroot or nethunter app not running just do a factory reset from TWRP and boot your phone, finish the setup process and all set to go..! Your Nethunter Rom is ready to use..

If you are using a custom OS, I Will suggest you to flash Oneplus 6T stock firmware And Then Follow The Same Procedure.