how to: hurricane unlock, patch and upgrade wm 6.1(selang09) ***

Search This thread

ubrdave

Jan 19, 2009
London

[img=http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2017/dscn1600br9.th.jpg]

you will need

microsoft activesync installed on your windows pc

download ubrhurricane.rar from rapidshare HERE (link dead use this one)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JLO5H1L7

unrar this to your desktop.

to unlock go to the unlock folder and copy the cert.cab file to your phone using activesync and run the app from your phone. if your phone wont run the file then use the SDA_applicationUnlock.exe.

in the unlock folder you will find SPVServices.exe click SIMLock Tool and let it do its magic, after this click CID Tool. This will set your phones CID to 1111...

your phone will now be unlocked

we will now patch the ruu,
you will need to turn your phone off and hold the camera button whilst putting the usb into the phone. this will turn it on and show you a three colour screen. go to the spl folder use Patched_RUU.exe to flash your phone, after the bar has reached 100% you can unplug the phone. and turn it off.

now, use as.exe to kill microsoft activesync and then double click on MMTY142.exe this is what we will be using to flash your phone.

do the same thing we did before, hold the camera button and it will show you a 3 colour screen. but this time it will say
need an I U(0)?
make sure you select Y. (youwont see a N) you might need to do this a few times to get it right.

click the usb button and then it will show you a terminal which you will then type:

info2

this should tell you that your phone is SUPERCID (if it isnt then go back and unlock again otherwise the rest wont work)

now type

format BINFS

after that you will then need to tell them where the rom is, we will be using 413.bin which is selang09's wm 6.1.

type in

l c:\thefilepathtoyourdesktopgoeshere\ubrhurricane\413.bin

this will then flash your phone and you can turn it off after it says its complete. if this fails then just try it again its probally because you didnt get a Y at need an I U(0)? :p)

you can reboot and you will see your phone with wm 6.1 when it boots up it will be in the chinese language. this can be changed by pressing start, 6, 0, 2 and then select US English.

install t9 english.cab using activesync onto your phone to sort out the chinese keypad.

you will now have a working wm6.1 in english with an english t9.

at the moment selang09 413 wm6.1 rom is the best i have used. its VERY RELIABLE.

htc hurricane 4 ever

ps, use www.skyfire.com

Last edited:

_4saken_

Jul 18, 2004
sweet! just flashed it yesterday and it seems to be working fine.
I'm glad to see someone is still active in this part of the forum. been awfully quiet around here lately.

Diamond Geezer

Sep 20, 2008
Unlockable

I just get "phone is unlockable" message when trying sda_applcationunlock.exe.
On an orange UK g only sim c550 with vista and active sync active
Tried on XP and vista.
Anybody any thoughts appreciated.

lessew

Oct 16, 2007
is it a chinese rom?

hey guys, now i am tried 3 diffrent roms and always it is in chinese is it right.
may i change the language or do i need an english rom?
how can i change the language?
where i can find an english rom?

thanks a lot
lessew

SilentlyScreaming

Feb 7, 2008
Astana
chrismerriman.com
Definitely a space between info and 2
Couple of other little things that might be worth editing in your fine original post...

do the same thing we did before, hold the camera button and it will show you a 3 colour screen. but this time it will say
need an I U(0)?
make sure you select Y. (youwont see a N) you might need to do this a few times to get it right.
You might want to make ultra clear that we need to press 0/zero at this point, I was stumped for a while, tried pressing every key...

click the usb button and then it will show you a terminal which you will then type:
You might want to clarify this is the USB button in MMTY142, as I saw USB in the bottom left corner of my phone, and kept trying to press the left soft button instead.

Finally, to reassure people that nothing is wrong, they will need to restart after selecting US English as the language, for all menus to not show Chinese any more.

Thanks a lot for putting the guide together, I've had to go back to my C550/Hurricane after I cracked the screen on my Kaiser - I was getting annoyed with so few new/useful apps working on WM2003SE / pre-NET CF3, and had still had a backup-backup phone in the form of my SE K700, so decided to give WM6.1 a shot. Off to try and install PockeTwit now :)

SilentlyScreaming

Feb 7, 2008
Astana
chrismerriman.com
Sorry, I don't know the answer, but others may find it useful to know if your phone won't enter the three colour screen, OR just won't turn on normally?

Just to confirm, what happens if you hold down the camera button on the side, then connect a (known working) USB lead between it and your PC? And if you connect your phone to a mains charger, does the orange LED light up to indicate charging is taking place? Any other previous symptoms with this phone?

AnngHelluZ

Jul 8, 2008
Sorry, I don't know the answer, but others may find it useful to know if your phone won't enter the three colour screen, OR just won't turn on normally?

Just to confirm, what happens if you hold down the camera button on the side, then connect a (known working) USB lead between it and your PC? And if you connect your phone to a mains charger, does the orange LED light up to indicate charging is taking place? Any other previous symptoms with this phone?

Hi;

The phone is totally dead (No three colors screen, no ligth on, no nothing).

If I hold down the camera button on the side and then I connect a (known working) USB to the PC; guess what... yes! Nothing Happens!

If I connect the phone to a main charger then the orange LED light up.

If I remove the battery and then put it back again and try to turn it on the LED light up in red (it blinks just once).

Could anybody help pleeeeeease!!!!

THX

Gibla

May 18, 2007
Louvain
Hi,

I have a problem with the flash:

After "info 2" I get this:

Cmd>info 2
GetDeviceInfo=0x00000002

+ SD Controller init

- SD Controller init

+StorageInit

CMD55 failed
+ SD Controller init

- SD Controller init

+StorageInit

CMD55 failed
HTCSSuperCID ' HTCE

And then nothing happend with "format BINFS"

What's the problem? I did something wrong? I tryed again with the unlocking procedure but it happened everytime!!

PLS HELP GUYS :D

Raffern80

Oct 1, 2009
Help Please

info 2
GetDeviceInfo=0x00000002

+ SD Controller init

- SD Controller init

+StorageInit

***** user area size = 0xF400000 Bytes

HTCSSuperCID ' HTCE
Cmd>format BINFS
Format BinFS partition.

Format is completed!!

Cmd>l c:\rom.bin
clean up the image temp buffer at 0x8C080000 Length 0x01C40000
MTTYDownloadImage "c:\rom.bin"
:F=c:\rom.bin
start download
SHAddress 82040000h Length 02630000h
Before flashing new image , formatting old OS is completed!!

Start flashing new image!!!

*checksum = 0, skip checking
OEMFlashWrite(82040000h,8C080000h,01C00000h)
Update BINFS offset 0x00000000 length 0x01C00000 ...

WBinFS D=0x0 L=0x1C00000 CS=0xD3D7666A

WBINFS from S 0 l=29360128 57344 SS

ReadB A=0x0 L=0x1C00000 CS=0xD3D7666A

Update BINFS success.

2nd download dwVaddr=0x8C080000

Then it hangs for5 mins and mtty says about being idle for 5 mins? is it still flashing please can someone help thankyou :confused:

oraeanast

Feb 19, 2008
thanks for giving me a tutorial that help me
efficiently BRICK my hurricane in less then 2 minutes!
yay!
Followed instructions precisely..
after i did the "patched_RUU" update..
BRICKED.
bullshi*.

SilentlyScreaming

Feb 7, 2008
Astana
chrismerriman.com
thanks for giving me a tutorial that help me
efficiently BRICK my hurricane in less then 2 minutes!
yay!
Followed instructions precisely..
after i did the "patched_RUU" update..
BRICKED.
bullshi*.

What an ungrateful & rude person you are. YOUR phone was bricked when YOU decided to try something on it. No-one forced you to attempt it.
As you may have guessed from other responses here, most of us have flashed this and other ROMs with no problem.
Is it definitely bricked? Have you tried various recovery techniques.
Have you previously tried asking for assistance in a non-confrontational manner, or even just asking for assistance?