Question How to improve video quality (4k details)

Search This thread

Wagnerian

Oct 3, 2015
Hi,

I noticed the bit rate in video recording on the S21 ultra is significantly lower than the competition's and I think this is why the video doesn't look as sharp (because the photos are better than that of the same competitors). Is there anyway to make it record at higher bit rate to get properly good results?
It seems like Samsung artificially decreases the quality of the video for some unknown reason. Do you think there is a chance Samsung will fix it in future update?

Thanks

Wagnerian

Oct 3, 2015
I will give it a try, but usually the HDR capabilities of 3rd party apps are not as good, as well as stabilization.
Filmic Pro also still doesn't support 10bit or [email protected]

Is there a way to get rid of the oversharpened look of videos in the main app?

Last edited:

Wagnerian

Oct 3, 2015

Stabilization seems quite bad, though. Edit: This due to the stabilization being turned off, probably....

The FilmicPro is really underwhelming in low light:

Last edited:

babyboy3265

• Sep 20, 2012
    Jupiter

Stabilization seems quite bad, though. Edit: This due to the stabilization being turned off, probably....

The FilmicPro is really underwhelming in low light:
    Why does filmic fail to impress you? It is significantly better if you look at it from a more experienced perspective. Original is overbrightenned and denoised to a hurtful point so it looks blurry almost.

The filmic one is more realistic and much sharper. The noise is easy to remove in post.

Plus filmic has plenty of quality and denoise settings which could be turned on and off and adjusted. We don't know what the Korean guy in the video has for his settings in Filmic.

vandal4e

Feb 28, 2008
    it supports only OIS though which makes 4k60 as shaky as it was on Mi 8 back in the day, so you need gimbal or something of sorts, + one thing it doesn't sort is 2x less detail compared to 4k30, i get higher detail with Filmic on 4k60 with S20 Ultra with a generation older sensor than what i get with S21 Ultra so i avoid using 4k60 completely on that phone

Reactions: babyboy3265

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      yes you should use 3rd party software like FilmicPro & mcpro24fps
      it supports both , you cant control anything in stock apps
      I will give it a try, but usually the HDR capabilities of 3rd party apps are not as good, as well as stabilization.
      Filmic Pro also still doesn't support 10bit or [email protected]

Is there a way to get rid of the oversharpened look of videos in the main app?
      Since the last 1 or 2 updates it now supports both.
      it supports only OIS though which makes 4k60 as shaky as it was on Mi 8 back in the day, so you need gimbal or something of sorts, + one thing it doesn't sort is 2x less detail compared to 4k30, i get higher detail with Filmic on 4k60 with S20 Ultra with a generation older sensor than what i get with S21 Ultra so i avoid using 4k60 completely on that phone