How To Guide How to increase the battery life of the Xiaomi 11T / T Pro

Search This thread

spiral5

Feb 28, 2011
FONDO DE BIKINI
Hello guys, I want to tell you about the adjustments that I have made to my Xiaomi 11T Pro and that have improved battery consumption, keeping the refresh rate of the screen at 120Hz. I would appreciate if you could tell me how it went. Greetings.

1.- DEACTIVATE AUTOMATIC UPDATES.
In this way we will avoid that the mobile is constantly looking for updates and therefore consuming battery.
1.1- We go to the Play Store and in Settings / General / Update applications automatically, we mark not update applications automatically.
1.2- Once this is done, we go to the Miui updates. We follow the route Settings / About the phone, click on the number 12 that is in the upper left as when we want to update
and then in the three points that appear in the upper right, we go to the update settings option and deactivate download automatically.

2.- DEACTIVATE THE WIFI ASSISTANT.
This option allows the mobile to automatically change the network, without us having to be aware of it, but it uses the battery unnecessarily. We are going to configure it to do it manually.
We follow the path Adjust / Wifi / Wi-Fi Assistant, enter and deactivate the option to select the best networks automatically.

3.- DEACTIVATE THE GAME TURBO.
This option is aimed at those users who do not use the phone to play, if so, deactivate it because it uses a lot of battery. I do not play much, rather little, even so I do not have it deactivated.
We go to Settings and in the search bar type game turbo. Mark the 2nd option that of Game Turbo Security, it will take you to the app, once inside, mark options that are next to the + sign, at the top right. Once inside, uncheck the Game Turbo option, it is the first.

4.-DEACTIVATE THE PRINTING SERVICES.
We have these services to connect to printers active all the time and the phone will be constantly looking for printers so that we can connect.
We go to Settings and at the top in the search bar we will write print. Click on the only option that comes out, now click on System printing services, once inside we will deactivate it. We will see that on the screen below, we have a blue bar with a text that says looking for printers in this way we prevent it from constantly searching.

5.-REMOVE BLOATWARE:
I have removed the following but it depends on each one, they could remove more.
Analytics.
Android Accessibility Suite
App Vault
Browser
Catchlog
Digital wellbeing
Facebook
Feedback
Freeform
Frequent phrases
Games
Google Drive
Google Duo
Google One
Google Photos
HybridAccessory
Joyose
MSA
Market Feedback Agent
Mi Browser
Mi Cloud
Mi credit
Mi pay
Mi video
MiConnectService
MiPlayClient
MiuiDaemon
Music
Notes
Quickball
Scanner
Screen Recorder
Services & feedback
SoterService
Uniplay Service
Weather
Yellow Pages

OTHER ADDITIONAL SETTINGS.
Let's go Developer Options.
Registry Buffer Size, I have it set to 1 mega.
Window animation level / Transitions animation level / Transition duration level. All three are by default at 1x, lower them to 0.5x.
Display: Manual brightness, almost full, in dark mode
Screen / Color scheme in Vivid.

Greetings.

Vaizen

Dec 24, 2011
Bogotá
Xiaomi 11T Pro
How much SOT are getting now?
Pretty disappointing. Around 5 - 6. Rarely 7h but by activating battery saver mode and with light usage. Not very well optimized TBH. My 3 years old Galaxy note 9 with its degraded battery has the same battery life. 11t pro should be a 2 day phone without any issue
No, you don't need root to to debloat, i recommend turning on usb debugging in developer setting and use Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot tools
I tried but couldn't uninstall a single app. Always got the "not installed for 0" error message. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

sushuguru

Oct 30, 2016
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Pretty disappointing. Around 5 - 6. Rarely 7h but by activating battery saver mode and with light usage. Not very well optimized TBH. My 3 years old Galaxy note 9 with its degraded battery has the same battery life. 11t pro should be a 2 day phone without any issue

I tried but couldn't uninstall a single app. Always got the "not installed for 0" error message. Any thoughts?
Well I didn't uninstall them, disable is enough, especially with the apps that can't be disabled via setting.

Jaistah

May 12, 2013
Yup, pretty much disappointed with the Battery performance compared to my Redmi K30 Pro Zoom.
It barely gets a 7hr SOT and it have a 5000mah Battery. My K30 pro only has 4700mah and it easily gets a 7hr SOT with 10 to 15% remaining battery.
I'm waiting for an EU Rom for ViLi as they do a good job at optimizing their roms.

Reactions: Dieghetto

Vaizen

Dec 24, 2011
Bogotá
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Yeah battery life isn't great on the 11t pro. It hardly gets to 7h SoT. I have a Poco X3 Pro AMD it easily gets to 10h SoT.

Hope this gets better with future updates.

Vaizen

Dec 24, 2011
Bogotá
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Other things that really improve battery life are :

- Disable always on display
- disable doble tap to wake/sleep

After doing the second, my battery improved drastically you'll have to. Get used to lose that feature, but for me. It's worth it.

PhilipL2021

Oct 27, 2021
Other things that really improve battery life are :

- Disable always on display
- disable doble tap to wake/sleep

After doing the second, my battery improved drastically you'll have to. Get used to lose that feature, but for me. It's worth it.

The best intermediate option is to have the always on display on but set to turn off after ten seconds, then a single tap on the screen will show the always on display and any notifications, this saves powering on the phone to check the time or if there are waiting messages, so this saves power, as the always on display does not wake the main CPUs.

Double tap to wake should not be a power drain. With light use over the holidays I'm getting 5 days between charges and that has double tap to wake enabled. The only way double tap to wake might be a power drain is if it is constantly being doubled tapped by accident and the phone keeps turning on.

Hope that helps.

Well, this is mine best so far 😁😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-15-11-08-12-215_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-15-11-08-12-215_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 585
Display on 120Hz, 4g network, all the settings from 1st post except nr.4, which i aplied yesterday, nr.5. and buffer size. I also disabled animations.
Standard apps were used during this time, 9gag, vanced youtube, mail, messaging, camera....
If your phone need 20 min of charging from 0 to 100 , leave it on for additional 10 minutes.

Sambolet13

Jan 19, 2022
To increase Xiaomi's battery life, you need to close all background apps and reduce the brightness. This is at least. Then you can also see which applications spend the most of your phone's charge and understand what's the matter. Otherwise, your phone battery won't last long. Then you will have to think about replacing the battery, as I am now thinking about replacing the battery for samsung note 4.
It's terribly annoying, but it's still good that there is an option to replace the battery.

Last edited:

PhilipL2021

Oct 27, 2021
You need to close all background apps and reduce the brightness. This is at least.
Closing background apps is unnecessary due to Doze mode and Xiaomi battery saving, as background apps are effectively frozen most of the time on Android. Having them opened then closed and unloaded from memory just means when you need them again they have to be loaded and re-initialised which increases power consumption as it takes more work to load an app than to bring one from the background to foreground. By all means give it a go, but generally it is pointless unless the app is misbehaving, but most are not these days.

Looking at the screen shot, it would seem a lot of battery was used by playing Mimicry which would use quite a bit of processing power plus power for the screen at 120Hz. It doesn't look too bad to me.

Reactions: GeeyahnOfficial

GeeyahnOfficial

Jan 26, 2019
Valenzuela
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Closing background apps is unnecessary due to Doze mode and Xiaomi battery saving, as background apps are effectively frozen most of the time on Android. Having them opened then closed and unloaded from memory just means when you need them again they have to be loaded and re-initialised which increases power consumption as it takes more work to load an app than to bring one from the background to foreground. By all means give it a go, but generally it is pointless unless the app is misbehaving, but most are not these days.

Looking at the screen shot, it would seem a lot of battery was used by playing Mimicry which would use quite a bit of processing power plus power for the screen at 120Hz. It doesn't look too bad to me.
Thanks for the feedback, 'cause I just bought 11T pro January and now it's at 88% says Antutu Benchmark Battery Testing. ;/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys, I want to tell you about the adjustments that I have made to my Xiaomi 11T Pro and that have improved battery consumption, keeping the refresh rate of the screen at 120Hz. I would appreciate if you could tell me how it went. Greetings.

1.- DEACTIVATE AUTOMATIC UPDATES.
    In this way we will avoid that the mobile is constantly looking for updates and therefore consuming battery.
    1.1- We go to the Play Store and in Settings / General / Update applications automatically, we mark not update applications automatically.
    1.2- Once this is done, we go to the Miui updates. We follow the route Settings / About the phone, click on the number 12 that is in the upper left as when we want to update
    and then in the three points that appear in the upper right, we go to the update settings option and deactivate download automatically.

2.- DEACTIVATE THE WIFI ASSISTANT.
    This option allows the mobile to automatically change the network, without us having to be aware of it, but it uses the battery unnecessarily. We are going to configure it to do it manually.
    We follow the path Adjust / Wifi / Wi-Fi Assistant, enter and deactivate the option to select the best networks automatically.

3.- DEACTIVATE THE GAME TURBO.
    This option is aimed at those users who do not use the phone to play, if so, deactivate it because it uses a lot of battery. I do not play much, rather little, even so I do not have it deactivated.
    We go to Settings and in the search bar type game turbo. Mark the 2nd option that of Game Turbo Security, it will take you to the app, once inside, mark options that are next to the + sign, at the top right. Once inside, uncheck the Game Turbo option, it is the first.

4.-DEACTIVATE THE PRINTING SERVICES.
    We have these services to connect to printers active all the time and the phone will be constantly looking for printers so that we can connect.
    We go to Settings and at the top in the search bar we will write print. Click on the only option that comes out, now click on System printing services, once inside we will deactivate it. We will see that on the screen below, we have a blue bar with a text that says looking for printers in this way we prevent it from constantly searching.

5.-REMOVE BLOATWARE:
    I have removed the following but it depends on each one, they could remove more.
    Analytics.
    Android Accessibility Suite
    App Vault
    Browser
    Catchlog
    Digital wellbeing
    Facebook
    Feedback
    Freeform
    Frequent phrases
    Games
    Google Drive
    Google Duo
    Google One
    Google Photos
    HybridAccessory
    Joyose
    MSA
    Market Feedback Agent
    Mi Browser
    Mi Cloud
    Mi credit
    Mi pay
    Mi video
    MiConnectService
    MiPlayClient
    MiuiDaemon
    Music
    Notes
    Quickball
    Scanner
    Screen Recorder
    Services & feedback
    SoterService
    Uniplay Service
    Weather
    Yellow Pages

OTHER ADDITIONAL SETTINGS.
    Let's go Developer Options.
    Registry Buffer Size, I have it set to 1 mega.
    Window animation level / Transitions animation level / Transition duration level. All three are by default at 1x, lower them to 0.5x.
    Display: Manual brightness, almost full, in dark mode
    Screen / Color scheme in Vivid.

Greetings.
    Yup, pretty much disappointed with the Battery performance compared to my Redmi K30 Pro Zoom.
    It barely gets a 7hr SOT and it have a 5000mah Battery. My K30 pro only has 4700mah and it easily gets a 7hr SOT with 10 to 15% remaining battery.
    I'm waiting for an EU Rom for ViLi as they do a good job at optimizing their roms.
    You need to close all background apps and reduce the brightness. This is at least.