[HOW TO] Install Adobe Flash Player on Galaxy S4

Lucidmike

Dec 6, 2009
www.youtube.com
Adobe Flash Player still works great on the Galaxy S 4, but only on some browsers. I was surprised that they have even blocked it on the stock browser. But it works well when used with the right browser. No root necessary.

Video Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMJCnUuzjc0

Step 1: On your S4, go to Settings -> Security -> Enable Unknown Sources
Step 2: Download apk directly from Adobe. Adobe still updates Flash regularly every month, so use this link instead of downloading an old version from someone's private link. Scroll down to "Flash Player for Android 4.0 archives" and download the latest version.
http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html
Step 3: Download Boat Browser.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.boatbrowser.free&hl=en
Use this for all your non mobile browser needs. Naked Browser also works, but the UI might not be for everyone. I hear the UC Browser works too.
Step 4: Open Boat Browser -> Menu -> Settings -> Page Content Settings
Step 5: Enable flash/plug-ins -> Always On
Step 6: User agent -> Desktop

Additional Note: Flash DOES NOT work on: Stock Browser, Firefox (Buggy), Chrome, Dolphin (maybe with a tweak?). Haven't tried Opera, Maxthon, or Puffin.

*Latest Adobe Flash Player (As of April 27, 2013): Link: Download Adobe Flash Player v11.1.115.54

Last edited:

hung2900

Apr 3, 2012
I highly recommend Ocean Browser for S4.
Right after realising that stock browser does not support flash, I switched to use this great thing.

Before this one is for tablets only (mostly Nexus 10 users) but now also for phones.

Last edited:

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
Seriously this is not working on stock browser? It did on the S3. Has the stock browser really changed that much? Anyone else has any tests on the stock browser?

EDIT: Seems like we have further confirmation also stating it as unusual - Link

EDIT 2: I have a theory if we pull the Browser apk from the Galaxy S III we can still use it in the S4. Someone interested in testing?

Last edited:

soraxd

Jun 23, 2010
cleveland
Seriously this is not working on stock browser? It did on the S3. Has the stock browser really changed that much? Anyone else has any tests on the stock browser?

EDIT: Seems like we have further confirmation also stating it as unusual - Link

EDIT 2: I have a theory if we pull the Browser apk from the Galaxy S III we can still use it in the S4. Someone interested in testing?
I'm currently doing this. as in my browser is the browser from my s3. I found the easiest way is to make a titanium back up of it on your s3, then copy the files over to your s4 and drop the files in your titanium backup folder on your s4 and simply restore the apk (just don't restore the data). the s3 browser works fine, however when I try to download it seems to force close.. not sure why.. still investigating.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

skanj

Sep 2, 2008
London
I'm using boat browser but it crashes every time I go to gsm arena. Could someone test and see if it does the same.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Idan73

Jul 19, 2010
Sure it's samsung doing. If it was just due to jellybean no other browser would be working with it. And it works just fine on my 4.2.2 jellybean nexus 7, once stock android browser is copied to it and flash installed, as well as 4.1.2 s3 and my note 8.0.

Actually it works amazing on stock note 8.0 browser, third party android based browsers sometimes hiccup with it playing flash and sometimes crash, but stock is a champ. It even has smart reflow, removed on android builds browsers since gingerbread.

JKAY DELUXE [I9300 JB 4.1.2]

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone