How to install Android 12 ( Derpfest ) for noobs!

Search This thread

Greenforty

Oct 12, 2012
I had a lot of issues installing this ROM, here is how I managed to finally do it on Windows 11 coming from OOS 11.

To flash it I had to boot to the orange fox recovery then from there reboot to fastboot (command was not allowed). Now I could run the flash-all script (DO NOT RUN WITH ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEGES) without privileges. Then I had to reboot to recovery and on the reboot menu I had to switch from boot option A to boot option B and then reboot into fastboot again and run the flash-all script again (without admin privileges), now it's finally working :)

Last edited:

veskostoev

Oct 21, 2013
Oslo,Norway
Hi,id like to try this rom it will be first rom ever in my phone.
What i need to backup before i install the rom is it any partitions like Samsung and Sony that i cant recover after or i can go back to stock 100 percent if i need without losing anything.
Thank you.

I am trying 1 hour already on Win 11 ,but windows cant see my device in Fastboot.
Is it only for Win 10 this installation.
Thank you.
Hey, a couple of people have had this issue, basically if you go to device manager, you should see your android phone with a yellow exclamation mark beside it, you need to select that and update drivers, then choose browse drivers on your computer, and click the let me pick from available drivers option. Then you need to select the ADB option! Once you've done this, it should work :) also make sure you have the adb drivers downloaded to your computer, you should be able to find them online

sprut23

Nov 22, 2012
I can't understand step 3 well, we download a zip file of the rom, there is the payload.bin, do we have to extract all the content or just that file? . When will you be able to make a video? Thank you.

I can't understand step 3 well, we download a zip file of the rom, there is the payload.bin, do we have to extract all the content or just that file? . When will you be able to make a video? Thank you.
Hey, you need to place that payload.bin file into the payload dumper input section, then run then payload app, it will dump all the necessary .img files you need.

veskostoev

Oct 21, 2013
Oslo,Norway
Can't help you with the Google auth sorry. So is derpfest running on your phone now?
Yes is running and already update to 20220122 update and i am surprised from this rom how good is.
I reduce animations to x2 ,full black theme and is really black,install camera app from Play store,put Nova launcher ,,battery life is very good ,very smooth and fast and beautiful .Didnt root yet or i should.What is the reason to root ? Did you root and for what this help you.
Your instructions for flashing and update are perfect.
Thank you :)

Reactions: astroarchcraft

clathyn1

Sep 5, 2010
Does this work for the Mclaren variant? I've been trying for 2 days to either flash derpfest or unbrick to global and I can't do either… please help. I have done all the steps over 20 times now and I really need my phone for business.

Yes is running and already update to 20220122 update and i am surprised from this rom how good is.
I reduce animations to x2 ,full black theme and is really black,install camera app from Play store,put Nova launcher ,,battery life is very good ,very smooth and fast and beautiful .Didnt root yet or i should.What is the reason to root ? Did you root and for what this help you.
Your instructions for flashing and update are perfect.
Thank you :)
Depends what you think you will get from rooting, a lot of my banking apps stopped working, even with magisk hide on so that is something to keep in mind.

sprut23

Nov 22, 2012
what is the difference between using 'fastboot flash recovery 'PATH TO RECOVERY.IMG FILE' and 'fastboot flash recovery_a 'PATH TO RECOVERY.IMG FILE' / 'fastboot flash recovery_b 'PATH TO RECOVERY.IMG FILE'?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this guide, ill be showing you how to install a custom rom onto your OnePlus 7T Pro device. Ill be assuming your phone is completely stock and you haven't done any modifications. This is done at your own risk, i am not responsible for corrupted images, bricked devices etc.

*NOTE: This guide is for the OnePlus 7T Pro only*

What you will need:
    A windows PC - idk buy one lol? *NOTE* You will need a Windows 10 PC, Windows 11 can't recognize your phone in fastboot for some reason. You can manually install the adb drivers to the PC If you must use windows 11.
    Platform tools SDK - https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
    USB cable that came with the phone

Derpfest ROM - https://sourceforge.net/projects/derpfest/files/hotdog/ (This was made by @NurKeinNeid, It's truly an amazing rom and would recommend it to anyone who wants android 12 on their devices! XDA forum for the ROM - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-12-0-derpfest-for-oneplus-7t-pro-official-hotdog.4250469/ ) Download the .img.zip, not just the .zip!

Orange Fox Recovery - https://orangefox.download/device/hotdog
    Payload Dumper - https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850510260
    Custom Flashing Script - https://github.com/AlaistairP/Install-Scripts

Step 1: Unlocking your Bootloader.

(i) In order to install software onto your phone you must have an unlocked bootloader. To start, go to settings - about phone - tap on the build number 7 times, input your password and developer options should then be enabled.

(ii) Then go into the main settings page - system - developer options. Enable the 'OEM UNLOCKING' feature. After that scroll down and enable USB Debugging. At this stage, plug your device into your pc. A dialogue should come up to allow the computer to connect to your phone, click yes.

(iii) Now on your computer, navigate to the platform tools folder you downloaded, in the main directory with all the files, in the search bar type cmd and press enter. You now need to boot your phone into fastboot mode. To do this, turn your phone off. Then, hold the power button with the volume up and down button! You should see a menu with green text saying 'Start' at the top.

(iv) Plug your phone into your computer, and in the cmd menu you opened, type 'fastboot devices', you should see the word fastboot followed by a string of numbers. Now type - 'fastboot oem unlocking' A dialogue will appear on your phone, using the volume keys select the option to unlock the bootloader. *NOTE - ALL DATA WILL BE REMOVED'

Step 2: Flashing a custom recovery

Reboot your phone to fastboot, then connect your phone to your pc. Type in 'fastboot reboot fastboot' your device should reboot into 'fastbootd' Now using the recovery.img file you downloaded from Firefox, type the following command, `'fastboot flash recovery 'PATH TO RECOVERY.IMG FILE'
    Once the file has flashed, restart your phone into fastboot mode and using the volume keys, navigate to recovery mode. You should now boot into Orange Fox recovery. Now, in orangefox, go to Wipe - Format Data - then type yes and wait for the process to finish.
    Voila!

Step 3: Flashing the ROM!

Open your downloaded version of derpfest, you should see a file called payload.bin, place that into the payload dumper input folder, then run the programme and wait for it complete, you should have loads of .img files. Copy all of these into your platform tools folder! Now download the custom script and place that into the platform tool folder as well.
    Reboot your phone into fastboot mode, and once again type 'fastboot reboot fastboot' Once you're in fastbootd mode, right click the flash-all.bat script and run as admin, click more info if you have microsoft defender and click run anyway, The rest is done in the script!

*HOW TO UPDATE*
    Once you have downloaded and extracted the new files from the most recent payload.bin file which the dev releases, copy these files into your platform-tools folder. You need to make sure there are no .img files from the old Rom remaining. Now, connect your phone to your pc. Open a cmd windows inside the platform-tools window and type 'adb reboot fastboot', once your phone has entered fastboot, type 'fastboot reboot fastbootd' Once your in fastbootd, simply run the update.bat script and voila!

After, reboot your phone and you should load into your new Android 12 OS!
    If you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask!
    If i have made any mistakes in this guide, or you guys think i should make any changes, let me know, im new to this! :)

*NOTE - I intend to make a full video walk through soon, ill have the youtube video linked here in the near future*
    In this guide, ill be showing you how to install a custom rom onto your OnePlus 7T Pro device. Ill be assuming your phone is completely stock and you haven't done any modifications. This is done at your own risk, i am not responsible for corrupted images, bricked devices etc.

*NOTE: This guide is for the OnePlus 7T Pro only*

What you will need:
    A windows PC - idk buy one lol?
    Platform tools SDK - https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
    USB cable that came with the phone

Derpfest ROM - https://sourceforge.net/projects/derpfest/files/hotdog/ (This was made by @NurKeinNeid, It's truly an amazing rom and would recommend it to anyone who wants android 12 on their devices! XDA forum for the ROM - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-12-0-derpfest-for-oneplus-7t-pro-official-hotdog.4250469/ ) Download the .img, not zip!

Orange Fox Recovery - https://orangefox.download/device/hotdog
    Payload Dumper - https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850510260
    Custom Flashing Script - https://github.com/astroarchcraft/A12script/tree/main

Step 1: Unlocking your Bootloader.

(i) In order to install software onto your phone you must have an unlocked bootloader. To start, go to settings - about phone - tap on the build number 7 times, input your password and developer options should then be enabled.

(ii) Then go into the main settings page - system - developer options. Enable the 'OEM UNLOCKING' feature. After that scroll down and enable USB Debugging. At this stage, plug your device into your pc. A dialogue should come up to allow the computer to connect to your phone, click yes.

(iii) Now on your computer, navigate to the platform tools folder you downloaded, in the main directory with all the files, in the search bar type cmd and press enter. You now need to boot your phone into fastboot mode. To do this, turn your phone off. Then, hold the power button with the volume up and down button! You should see a menu with green text saying 'Start' at the top.

(iv) Plug your phone into your computer, and in the cmd menu you opened, type 'fastboot devices', you should see the word fastboot followed by a string of numbers. Now type - 'fastboot oem unlocking' A dialogue will appear on your phone, using the volume keys select the option to unlock the bootloader. *NOTE - ALL DATA WILL BE REMOVED'

Step 2: Flashing a custom recovery

Reboot your phone to fastboot, then connect your phone to your pc. Type in 'fastboot reboot fastboot' your device should reboot into 'fastbootd' Now using the recovery.img file you downloaded from Firefox, type the following command, `'fastboot flash recovery 'PATH TO RECOVERY.IMG FILE'
    Once the file has flashed, restart your phone into fastboot mode and using the volume keys, navigate to recovery mode. You should now boot into Orange Fox recovery. Now, in orangefox, go to Wipe - Format Data - then type yes and wait for the process to finish.
    Voila!

Step 3: Flashing the ROM!

Open your downloaded version of derpfest, you should see a file called payload.bin, place that into the payload dumper input folder, then run the programme and wait for it complete, you should have loads of .img files. Copy all of these into your platform tools folder! Now download the custom script and place that into the platform tool folder as well.
    Reboot your phone into fastboot mode, and once again type 'fastboot reboot fastboot' Once you're in fastbootd mode, right click the script and run as admin, click more info if you have microsoft defender and click run anyway, The rest is done in the script!

After, reboot your phone and you should load into your new Android 12 OS!
    If you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask!
    If i have made any mistakes in this guide, or you guys think i should make any changes, let me know, im new to this! :)
    I really appreciate the time and work you put into it. Thank you very much! (y)(y)

Btw I will release new build tonight. Now I can link to this post in the update announcement as well. 🙂
    I really appreciate the time and work you put into it. Thank you very much! (y)(y)

Btw I will release new build tonight. Now I can link to this post in the update announcement as well. 🙂
    No Problem, Quite satisfying to write actually! Thanks so much for all the effort you put into the ROM, Best one I have used on my phone yet! Looking forward to the new build :)
    I had a lot of issues installing this ROM, here is how I managed to finally do it on Windows 11 coming from OOS 11.

To flash it I had to boot to the orange fox recovery then from there reboot to fastboot (command was not allowed). Now I could run the flash-all script (DO NOT RUN WITH ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEGES) without privileges. Then I had to reboot to recovery and on the reboot menu I had to switch from boot option A to boot option B and then reboot into fastboot again and run the flash-all script again (without admin privileges), now it's finally working :)
    i think you should add "How to dirty flash an update " also.
    About to start work on an updating part now :)