How to install apps in sd card

Search This thread

ruyzalim

Jan 17, 2007
stock
Hello i have a problem in a android phone, when i install apps on my android they are installed on my phone insted of my sd card they are downloaded too to my phone memory, how can i download and install apps to my sd card?
Thank you !

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

ekie84

Feb 20, 2010
Johor Bahru
When you install apps on your phone it automaticly installed on your phone memory..you need to "move" the app to sd card...just install the apptosd app..its free on the market...with this app yiu can move all the apps,games to sd card if the apps can be move

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Madala_ZA

Feb 14, 2011
Johannesburg
Alternative Method

Hi,

There's another method that makes use of the Android SDK.. I don't recommend it because there's many apps that shouldn't be moved to SD card.

Apps such as apps2SD are perfect for moving installed apps to SD card, but I thought I'd share this option FYI:

1. Download and install Android SDK
2. Navigate to the installation folder using the command prompt [WIN+R] then typing CMD. Just Google for command line options such as cd\ and dir etc.
3. Go into the \tools folder (from your installation folder) and type adb devices (this command will return a serial number)
4. type adb shell pm setinstallLocation 2
5. It's done, apps will now install directly to your SD card

To reset it back to its default setting, retype #4 and use Location 0 (instead of 2).

3rdstring

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
Hi,

There's another method that makes use of the Android SDK.. I don't recommend it because there's many apps that shouldn't be moved to SD card.

Apps such as apps2SD are perfect for moving installed apps to SD card, but I thought I'd share this option FYI:

1. Download and install Android SDK
2. Navigate to the installation folder using the command prompt [WIN+R] then typing CMD. Just Google for command line options such as cd\ and dir etc.
3. Go into the \tools folder (from your installation folder) and type adb devices (this command will return a serial number)
4. type adb shell pm setinstallLocation 2
5. It's done, apps will now install directly to your SD card

To reset it back to its default setting, retype #4 and use Location 0 (instead of 2).

I think Move2SD Enabler will accomplish the same task from the (rooted) phone.