How To Guide How to install custom roms (GSI) 11T > Pro

Search This thread

MrScarl3t

Im good with Haptic not working for now. But bluetooth and Sms needs to work. Wich one would you recommend?

Never mind. Tried all the GSI images and non of them have sms working either.
you need to go to phh settings > ims features > install ims apk this will make it work
i use Arcana 5.0 cuz the 5.1 has battery problems Waiting for dotos 6.0

pimpo154125

Apr 10, 2022
I have a problem. I did everything like Op wrote. When I enter the command "fastboot flash system Gsi.img" I get an error message "Target reported max image size 8958495 bytes", numbers are not the same I can't remember them. And after that, I am stuck at fastboot screen. I managed to get out of the fastboot by flashing vbmeta.img but my system is back to stock. What am I doing wrong? Please help.
i have the same issue and i don't know how to resize partitions anyone help?

Nov 3, 2017
Can anyone tell me the difference between pixel experience and pixel experience plus? And whats the difference between normal, slim and vndklite?

Is 5G available in any of these roms?

120w fast charging working?

By your experience what's the more stable rom? Pixel experience, crdroid, aosp, etc?

Thanks

Last edited:

MrScarl3t

Can anyone tell me the difference between pixel experience and pixel experience plus? And whats the difference between normal, slim and vndklite?

Is 5G available in any of these roms?

120w fast charging working?

By your experience what's the more stable rom? Pixel experience, crdroid, aosp, etc?

Thanks
5g no, 120w yes, slim is less then 3gb, vndklite/lite read write system.
difference between pixel experience and pixel experience plus not much just small customization things nothing major.
Pixel experience most stable but I like to use Arcana or Superior (Get them here) bit less battery life but much more customization options, mi 11t pro doesnt like the build from Nazim dont know why.

Nov 3, 2017
5g no, 120w yes, slim is less then 3gb, vndklite/lite read write system.
difference between pixel experience and pixel experience plus not much just small customization things nothing major.
Pixel experience most stable but I like to use Arcana or Superior (Get them here) bit less battery life but much more customization options, mi 11t pro doesnt like the build from Nazim dont know why.
Thanks a lot! Tried to install the standard plus but got an error about partition space... So installed slim plus and it works very great! At first sound was horrible but went to phh settings and disable sound volume effect in qualcomm features and i resolved the sound problem except whatsapp calls... Super distortion...

mlgWOWmeme

Apr 27, 2022
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I'm using GSI PixelExperience_arm64-ab-vndklite-12.0-20220208-UNOFFICIAL. It's really working good and it's my daily driver.
The missing auto brightness could be fixed with the Velis Autobrightness App. It passes SafteyNet, too
DT2W is not working, but I use GravityScreen App instead.
It's a lot of work if you switch from MIUI to GSI, but it's worth it.

I've tested all other GSi builds, and I had only trouble. I stick with PixelExperience
I also stick with the Pixel experience although it's the full version. I'd like to ask that Dolby Atmos is lacking and not found on Tidal or even the settings and the refresh rate settings. *Note: I installed a Dolby Atmos module for Magisk but it failed to work and caused me into a bootloop got to re-install the Pixel Experience.

money29

Oct 12, 2014
I have manage to install multiple gsi and resolved every problem by reading comments.
But I have new problem now, I cant able to make calls from my JIO sim.
There is no VoLTE Options in pixel experience. Any solution for that?

Last edited:

djkrish5610

Nov 18, 2011
Mumbai
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I have manage to install multiple gsi and resolved every problem by reading comments.
But I have new problem now, I cant able to make calls from my JIO sim.
There is no VoLTE Options in pixel experience. Any solution for that?
Hey,

GSI rom with Magisk+root or without root.
Magisk root is being detected since April 2022 hence i switched back to stock .

Please let me know is root being detected in banking apps ?

FantaC4t

May 6, 2022
Hey, After doing the first step in the second step i have this error: "C:\adb\fastboot.exe: unknown option -- disable-verity" anyone knows how to fix it?

• Wow
Reactions: mlgWOWmeme

FantaC4t

May 6, 2022
Yes I did use minimal ADB and did everything according to the tutorial, could it be because its the Xiaomi 11T and not the pro one?

TheRomFan

Dec 25, 2021
I have tried every GSI and I've managed to get everything working except Mobile Data which some reason it doesn't connect even if it is on!
Can you tell me if you have managed to solve this issue and how?

morpheus620

Mar 8, 2012
Cottbus
I managed to install PE with MIUI13 firmware.
At the beginning of the setup the vibration still works but after my account was restored it no longer works.

Sammmnh

May 26, 2017
Ok guys , nice work here
I have the following questions if anyone like to answer :
1) I have some bank accounts that I need to hide , is there any hidden apps option , if yes , how to reach it after hiding , and dose it appears in the recently used apps menu ?

2) out of the many things that I hate the most in the official software is the speaker sound , the phone has strong hardware , but the sound is very low especially when making call in car or crowded place , or even watching videos , so is the speaker sound louder in this Rom ?
3) the only thing that I found good enough in the official software is the lock screen notification animations , and the good battery performance , I hope that it is the same in this rom , so is it ?

morpheus620

Mar 8, 2012
Cottbus
I had some problems with GSI.
Auto brightness was not working properly.
No vibration for that. And the GCAM could not record videos in 4k.

Hash.IM

Dec 2, 2015
Ok guys , nice work here
I have the following questions if anyone like to answer :
1) I have some bank accounts that I need to hide , is there any hidden apps option , if yes , how to reach it after hiding , and dose it appears in the recently used apps menu ?

2) out of the many things that I hate the most in the official software is the speaker sound , the phone has strong hardware , but the sound is very low especially when making call in car or crowded place , or even watching videos , so is the speaker sound louder in this Rom ?
3) the only thing that I found good enough in the official software is the lock screen notification animations , and the good battery performance , I hope that it is the same in this rom , so is it ?
  1. For hiding apps I use Neo launcher (formerly known as Omega launcher) it has a feature to hide some apps from the app drawer. And IMO it's the best launcher you could find to replace nova launcher.
  2. Speaker sound is good, I didn't actually used the stock rom so can't compare but after flashing LineageOS and applying the GSI tweaks mentioned in OP the speaker sound is pretty loud (Lacks bass I guess but loud).
  3. Can't speak for stock rom animation, but for battery I get a massive 9 - 11 hrs SOT on LineageOS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to install a gsi onto your Mi 11t > Pro
    This will wipe your phone and I'm not responsible for any bricked device's.
    you can always go back to stock and try again.

Clean install suggested!

1.0 Start with downloading things
    Latest Platformtools Here
    stock miui 13 Here fastboot rom I use EEA 13.0.8.0
    Gsi of choosing Here {Mod edit: Link to Telegram removed. Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator}
    Screenshot_20220312-193636_Settings.png
    vbmeta miui13 from you fastboot rom.

If you choose to install magisk use this module to help hinding from security apps
    and patch one your self.
    safetynet

1.1 Start the process
    Start with flashing stock 13 on your mi11tpro.

reboot to fastboot (shutdown phone then hold power and voldown till you see fastboot)

unzip the platform tools and move your gsi, vbmeta and magisk.img(if needed) to the folder
    in the platform tools folder open a terminal.

unzip the stock miui 13 .tgz until you get the folder with the flash_all.bat file
    copy flash_all.bat and images to your fastboot folder
    Connect your phone to your pc then
    launch the flash_all file and let your phone boot

Reboot to fastboot

1.2 Flash gsi
    ./fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img(stock or google) ./fastboot erase system ./fastboot flash system Gsi.img ./fastboot reboot recovery

factory reset the phone here
    reboot to system and your done.

1.3 Flash magisk
    how to patch own boot.img
    extract boot.img from the stock rom
    copy over to working phone with magisk app installed
    open magisk and select install / select file to patch
    select your boot.img
    then copy your patched boot.img to your fastboot folder

Boot prepatched image.
    ./fastboot boot Patchedboot.img t
    when booted open magisk app/install the apk from github.
    cancel the first message if you get any and just click install, direct install.
    then just reboot and you have root.

And your done

2.0 Extra's and fixes
    Some times if you reboot it get stock to fix this use the google vbmeta

go to settings/ phh teble settings and enable these settings

qualcomm features/disable soundvolume effects &&
    use alternate audio policy --fixes audio bugs
    xiaomi features/enable dr2w --double toch to wake
    misc features/force fps/120hz --( Only if you want 120hz)
    ims features/install ims apk for qualcomm vendor --Makes sms work
    than reboot to apply fixes

volume steps to high fix Here Not needed for all gsi's
    Get lSpeed to improve battery and performance
    Get better camera use Gcam I use MTSL_Snapcam 7.1 with antykat_v13

Thanks to phhusson, bhammler,
    Finally I found a better and perfect working solution:

Pixel Experince SLIM works, because its under 3 GB. Here are my new steps:

1. fastboot flash_all vili_global_images_V12.5.10.0.RKDMIXM_20211211.0000.00_11.0_global

2. let it reboot to the setup screen and turn it off

3. fastboot boot twrp.img (no need to install)

4. update through twrp to miui_VILIGlobal_V13.0.1.0.SKDMIXM_e7e8f0ef90_12.0.zip

5. it shows some errors, but it's still booting up to the setup screen. Turn off

6. From now on: everything in FastbootD (fastboot reboot fastboot)

7. fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img (see attached extracted vbmeta from MIUI 13)

8. fastboot erase system

9. fastboot flash system PixelExperience_arm64-ab-slim-12.0-20220221-UNOFFICIAL.img

10. fastboot reboot recovery

11. wipe data in Mi Recovery

12. reboot and done

13. for magisk you will find attached the pachted boot image from MIUI 13, and the extracted vbmeta. I flashed magisk in regular fastboot mode. Don't know if thats right, but it's working.
    P.S. everything was flashed into slot_b (didn't change anything)

Now the screen brightness works, d2tw is working and it passes safetynet
    Extra's and fixes
    Some times if you reboot it get stock to fix this use the google vbmeta

go to settings/ phh teble settings and enable these settings
    qualcomm features/disable soundvolume effects
    xiaomi features/enable dr2w
    misc features/disable audio effects
    misc features/force fps/120hz ( Only if you want 120hz)
    ims features/install ims apk for qualcomm vendor
    than reboot to apply fixes
    You can send those settings to be applied automatically for all 11T Pro owners to https://github.com/phhusson/treble_presets
    I'm using GSI PixelExperience_arm64-ab-vndklite-12.0-20220208-UNOFFICIAL. It's really working good and it's my daily driver.
    The missing auto brightness could be fixed with the Velis Autobrightness App. It passes SafteyNet, too
    DT2W is not working, but I use GravityScreen App instead.
    It's a lot of work if you switch from MIUI to GSI, but it's worth it.

I've tested all other GSi builds, and I had only trouble. I stick with PixelExperience