• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

how to install different firmware on Android TV??? (SML-5051W)

Search This thread

nub86

Jul 24, 2021
Hello so i have acquired 2 Android TV boxes for free but they where made and distributed by TV service provider and software is locked because the TV's subscription has been canceled and the Android TV is unusable, but only the boxes design and software where changed. so i have tried looking on the internet how to change firmware and found that i can install different Firmware thru recovery mode witch is accessed with a reset button , but the thing is this peace of garbo dosen't have one i even took apart one android tv and i looked everywhere for like 15 min, but when i tried to find info about SML-5051W i found nothing except documentation.

marlen07

Dec 28, 2018
Hello, for unpopular tv boxes there are no modified recovery and roms, but you can install apps from downloading from internet browser, in settings go to security press install from unknown sources agree if it asks then you can install apks, if you want to free out memory and remove useless software you have to download kingo root from here: https://root-apk.kingoapp.com/kingoroot-download.htm
install it then open connect an wired/wireless mouse then press get root, wait for it to get rooted. If it is stuck in 90% press back button on the remote, it will show an error that the device didnt root, just exit the app delete it through settings-apps then power off and then power on then the supersu app will work, open it find apps option, then select the apps which you dont need.
Hello so i have acquired 2 Android TV boxes for free but they where made and distributed by TV service provider and software is locked because the TV's subscription has been canceled and the Android TV is unusable, but only the boxes design and software where changed. so i have tried looking on the internet how to change firmware and found that i can install different Firmware thru recovery mode witch is accessed with a reset button , but the thing is this peace of garbo dosen't have one i even took apart one android tv and i looked everywhere for like 15 min, but when i tried to find info about SML-5051W i found nothing except documentation.

Attachments

• 15.22.42.11.11.2021_androidp1.ru.png
    15.22.42.11.11.2021_androidp1.ru.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 11.34.49.11.11.2021_androidp1.ru.png
    11.34.49.11.11.2021_androidp1.ru.png
    47.2 KB · Views: 6