• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How to install EMUI 10 for the JSN-AL00 with GMS working

Search This thread

Borden666

Jan 17, 2020
So, if you have a Honor JSN-AL00 or a JSN-AL00a then you should've came across a problem were you were stuck on EMUI 8.2 and isn't able to upgrade your software and today I have found a solution for this irritating problem, First you should head to the settings on EMUI 8.2, then head to Applications, then you will find Three dot icon next navigate through then click Show System Processes, After that type Google in the search and uninstall anything that has google in it's name, then restart your phone and check for Software updates and you should receive the updates.

Keep updating your device until you reach to EMUI 9.1.0.215 then stop updating the device then follow the Video while being on EMUI 9.1.0.215
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm1FggPu-Zs

Then after you have got the GMS apps working fine on EMUI 9.1, you can continue the updates until you reach to EMUI 10.

PS: I have tried this method myself and it works flawlessly, so make sure you follow each step mentioned above and if you face any problems during the process, make sure to reply down and I'll reply to you.

Last edited:

Borden666

Jan 17, 2020
I am sorry I didn't understand. How did you get to the screen where you can see system processes?

Basically on EMUI 8, head over to the settings app, then Applications then click on the three dots then Show system proceeses then use the search bar and type google then uninstall any app that has google in its name and restart your phone

martianunlimited

Feb 6, 2020
Thanks, I got GMS working with EMUI 9.1 with your guide, and am (slowly) updating to EMUI 10. It's important to that you stop at 9.1.0.215 before installing GMS, a casual search online shows that the method may fail for 9.1.0.219+

Khroda

Feb 25, 2020
I mentioned that you gotta downgrade from 9.1 by using Hisuit then try the method and it should work.

I need help on how to downgrade from 219 to 215.

PS: I managed to sort it out. Hisuite on my laptop wasn't detecting the phone had to use a desktop PC and i was able to downgrade to 9.1.0.176 then upgrade all the way to 9.1.0.215 then had to factory reset then i managed to install GMS and all is working. Then i upgraded to Android 10 with GMS still working without any issues

Last edited:

Little14

Feb 6, 2015
So, if you have a Honor JSN-AL00 or a JSN-AL00a then you should've came across a problem were you were stuck on EMUI 8.2 and isn't able to upgrade your software and today I have found a solution for this irritating problem, First you should head to the settings on EMUI 8.2, then head to Applications, then you will find Three dot icon next navigate through then click Show System Processes, After that type Google in the search and uninstall anything that has google in it's name, then restart your phone and check for Software updates and you should receive the updates.

Keep updating your device until you reach to EMUI 9.1.0.215 then stop updating the device then follow the Video while being on EMUI 9.1.0.215

Then after you have got the GMS apps working fine on EMUI 9.1, you can continue the updates until you reach to EMUI 10.

PS: I have tried this method myself and it works flawlessly, so make sure you follow each step mentioned above and if you face any problems during the process, make sure to reply down and I'll reply to you.

Before reading this post I tried to downgrade and I was successful from emui 10 to 91. however I was unable to install GSM and tried to go back to 8.2 and even hisuite doing the update I downloaded by the firmware finder I have brick problem the report now and ask if you can give me some guidance, thankful.

Hello, I'm common but I have a little knowledge, and I need to save my honor 8x China (JSN-AL00a) that only appears in the edl testpoint, this I say because it appears in the Windows 10 device manager as (HUAWEI USB COM 1.0 ), I don't have a dongle at all, I would like to know if I could fix it, is there any software that can do for edl point without dongle? Honor 8x kirin 710. thaks

AnotherUnknown

Apr 3, 2020
Confirmed it is working on my Honor 8x Jsn-al00. I followed the instructions and updated until 9.1.0.215 then followed the Hisuite section of the installation. Can anyone confirm if it is safe to update normally from 9.1.0.215 to newer builds? Will gms still function?

Basu23

Jul 5, 2020
Hi guys,
I have got a Honor 8x Jsn-al00a running EMUI10 and want to roll it back to 9.1.0.215 to get google apps installed but my hisuite shows only the 9.1.0.219 version.
How did you manage to get it available?
Does anyone have a back up to be used as restore image ?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i dowgrade to 217 and reupdate?

Downgrade to 9.1.0.215 then install google as mentioned then reupdate