How to Install foliomod after last toshiba flash upgrade

mblaster

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 2, 2007
I wrote guides in wiki, with the help of MCLP and NENI.

This are to help to install foliomod or modded rom after you installed last toshiba upgdrade (the one blocked rom installation).

Hope could help
Nice guide. But I think it would be much more conveniant to just fastboot flash the stuff:

1) Make sure ADB is working
2) Unpack the latest foliomod update.zip and locate the boot.img/recovery.img/system.img files
3) Get the latest version of fastboot from the android sdk
4) Boot folio into fastboot (switch on, after vibration press 3x power and then volume up) and connect to pc via usb
5) go to the directory where the fastboot executable lives and type:
-fastboot flash linux c:\path\to\my\foliomod\boot.img
-fastboot flash recovery c:\path\to\my\foliomod\recovery.img
-fastboot flash system c:\path\to\my\foliomod\sytem.img -w
-fastboot reboot (or just power off and on again)
-done

I would recommend to set up fastboot to anyone, as the recoveries for folio all are not 100% working (clockwork) or incompatible (ever tried to flash foliomod with clockwork) or just locked up (newest stock recovery).

Fastboot is no more complicated to set up than adb is, and it is really useful.

kakkio

Jul 3, 2010
hi mblaster

TnX for additional instructions. The reason why I don't describe a guide using fastboot is that on folio the "3x power-press" is VERY DANGEROUS, doing that make very easy brick your folio.

Dexter wrote some post about that, so it's correct advise users to follow these instructions at own risk.

Nice guide. But I think it would be much more conveniant to just fastboot flash the stuff:

1) Make sure ADB is working
2) Unpack the latest foliomod update.zip and locate the boot.img/recovery.img/system.img files
3) Get the latest version of fastboot from the android sdk
4) Boot folio into fastboot (switch on, after vibration press 3x power and then volume up) and connect to pc via usb
5) go to the directory where the fastboot executable lives and type:
-fastboot flash linux c:\path\to\my\foliomod\boot.img
-fastboot flash recovery c:\path\to\my\foliomod\recovery.img
-fastboot flash system c:\path\to\my\foliomod\sytem.img -w
-fastboot reboot (or just power off and on again)
-done

I would recommend to set up fastboot to anyone, as the recoveries for folio all are not 100% working (clockwork) or incompatible (ever tried to flash foliomod with clockwork) or just locked up (newest stock recovery).

Fastboot is no more complicated to set up than adb is, and it is really useful.

Last edited:
Reactions: mblaster

mblaster

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 2, 2007
hi mblaster

TnX for additional instructions. The reason why I don't describe a guide using fastboot is that on folio the "3x power-press" is VERY DANGEROUS, doing that make very easy brick your folio.

Dexter wrote some post about that, so it's correct advise users to follow these instructions at own risk.
Thank you I did not know that. Will continue using fastboot anyway, but i will be more careful counting ;)