[HOW-TO] Install Google Play Store (Fire OS 5.X) (No Root/PC/ADB)

Search This thread

Birchwood

Aug 2, 2019
G play store No longer working

Hi play store is no longer working on kindle fire 8, I've tried reinstall but no joy any ideas how to fix

(fire os just updated itself recently)

Thanks

Hi play store is no longer working on kindle fire 8, I've tried reinstall but no joy any ideas how to fix

Thanks

You'll need to be a bit more specific. Do the apks install? Does the play store force close? Does it not connect to the internet or not download apps?

Sent from my LGE LM-K500 using XDA Labs

Thanks

here is a link showing how to install the Google Play store on the kindle fire tablets:http://andp.lc/firetabletplay

It has information about which files to install for the different generations of fire tablets

LeslieJT

Sep 29, 2020
Does this method of installing Google Play Store on an Amazon Fire by using the 4 APK files still work on Fire HD 8 Plus, OS 7.3.1.5?

dreinboth

Oct 3, 2020
I'm hoping someone can provide some insight. I have a kindle fire hdx 7, OS 4 (4.4.3 to be exact). I've tried multiple combinations of each apk variant to get the Google play store app. So far unsuccessfully. Once I install and open the Google play store app, I'm printed to enter my email and password for a new or existing account. I choose existing and go through the process. At the end I get a message "could not sign in, problem communicating with servers, try again".

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 6
I'm hoping someone can provide some insight. I have a kindle fire hdx 7, OS 4 (4.4.3 to be exact). I've tried multiple combinations of each apk variant to get the Google play store app. So far unsuccessfully. Once I install and open the Google play store app, I'm printed to enter my email and password for a new or existing account. I choose existing and go through the process. At the end I get a message "could not sign in, problem communicating with servers, try again".
@DragonFire1024 might know why or have some ideas about this. I had to wipe my HD Fire 10 2017 suez a while back and lost my original installation of these apps to have Play Store onboard. Then I wasn't paying attention and it updated to some new build of Fire OS. ??
But when I did go using links from the op to get these apks a few weren't available, not the same exact versions anyway...
It would be cool if someone would do a how to on installing microG on Fire tabs!! Just wipe Google out completely. I wonder if the "how to signature spoofing" guide would work on this. Probably would have to be modified idk.

Last edited:

cbals

Oct 8, 2020
Hey just qondering if someone can help me please. I have the Fire 8 tablet running 6.3.1.5. Im trying to get google classroom on it but cant seem to get the play store to work once I downloaded the 4 APK files. I made sure to switch them to internal storage. It asks me to sign into my google account but then just closes after I enter my password. Any help is much appreciated as Im not the best with figuring this stuff out. Im also wondering is it possible to get the rogers ignite app on this tablet? thanks!

@DragonFire1024 might know why or have some ideas about this. I had to wipe my HD Fire 10 2017 suez a while back and lost my original installation of these apps to have Play Store onboard. Then I wasn't paying attention and it updated to some new build of Fire OS. ??
But when I did go using links from the op to get these apks a few weren't available, not the same exact versions anyway...
It would be cool if someone would do a how to on installing microG on Fire tabs!! Just wipe Google out completely. I wonder if the "how to signature spoofing" guide would work on this. Probably would have to be modified idk.

I haven't had an Amazon tablet on stock firmware since we've unlocked and since the first ROM came out or at least someone built Android 7 for it.

Try downloading updated version apk of the play store, and play services, but make sure it is not beta. Keep the Account Manager APK and the Google services framework APK the original versions. You can find them on APK mirror. Once that is done don't sign in right away. Plug your tablet in and leave the Wi-Fi turned on and the screen turned off. Google play should then update itself if needed along with play services. Also maybe you can upload your framework-res.apk and I can look in there for any new restrictions. Also you might want to try settings database manager and look for any settings in there that look restrictive in terms of blocking any services that are related with Google. You will need to have your tablet hooked up to ADB and run the command

Code:
adb shell on grant by4a.setedit22 android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

Sent from my LGE LM-K500 using XDA Labs

imon

Jul 26, 2009

I don't know if you got your question answered, but as far as I know there's no easy way to install the play store on the HDX anymore on the latest update. You mention that you are on an older version of Fire OS though, so if you've managed to prevent the update instructions in the HDX forums could still work? I'd be curious to find out since I have an HDX 7 as well.

mfdoomesq

Sep 27, 2010
I pulled out an old fire tablet this week (7th Gen, 2017, running 5.6.8). I had previously loaded the play store which was working find. Now, it works for some but not all apps. For instance, when I try to install soundcloud or ytm, it gives me a "download failed" alert. But the play store has successfully updated apps that were previously installed. Any ideas how to resolve?

lebsi

Feb 16, 2021
Hi there,

I have a Fire 10, 9th generation, and I finally managed to install Google Play store. It works from parent account and I can successfully download from the store. I even managed to sideload apk-packages to show up in FreeTime of my son's profile via "alpha launcher" (from amazon store). However, if I want to sideload youtube kids or teams to show up in my son's FreeTime profile, it still states that google play services are missing.
I tried to sideload also the google-play store apk's but these cannot be installed. If I try to execute/install the famous 4 apk's in my son's FreeTime profile, then I always get "app not installed".
I (cross) read a lot of posts, but was not successful, yet.
By the way, Teams is working successfully from parent profile - but as said - not from my son's FreeTime profile due to lack of google play services ...

If you have a solution (or a link to a corresponding post), I would highly appreciate your help. Thanks.

BR lebsi

gergad

Nov 21, 2015
G play store No longer working

Thanks

I recently had this very same issue after an OS update. I followed the steps in the main post reinstalled following the steps precisely, but had google play services would not update and provided error code 963. I googled around and found some general steps to follow in the case of this error and one of the recommendations stated:

move the apps to internal storage.

I was confused why the play store apps would be installed to the SD card, but when I went in to settings > apps i found all of the apps described in the original post were on the SD card and not internal storage. I moved the apps to internal storage and cleared all the app data for all of the 4 apps (as well as google play games). I opened the play store, agreed to terms, and got a notification to update play services. I tapped on the notification and play services was able to update with no issue. Play store is now fully functional for me.

I hope this helps!

cptechnik

Oct 24, 2013
Installing Google Play Store files...

Works fine with Amazon fire HD8 of 8th generation...
you only have to choose newer files of these 3 ...
com.android.vending_24.7.28-21_0_PR_366474158-82472810_minAPI21(arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a,x86,x86_64)(nodpi)​
com.google.android.gms_21.09.65_(040400-363042755)-210965019_minAPI23(arm64-v8a,armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)​
com.google.android.gsf.login_7.1.2-25_minAPI23(nodpi)​
direct checked by install ebay app...

Maybe adjust the to download files to your system... AndroidOS ect...

Installed by command "adb install ..."

tcash1178

Sep 20, 2018
Good evening, I have been trying to get this to work on multiple Fire tablets. I currently have two HD10 2021 models for my kids. I can install all the google apps required and I can log into the play store with my google account. The problem I have is that I can not login to the play store with my children's google accounts. I just keep getting a "something went wrong" error. I have tried every tweak that I can find online but nothing seems to work for me. I have tried the fire toolbox program also and that failed to solve the problem. Is there an app or something that I am missing that is preventing the child's account to be used?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This's just a quick guide on how to get the Google Play Store installed on the latest Fire OS 5 for Amazon Fire tablets with no Root, PC or ADB required.

This should work on any Amazon Fire tablet released from 2014 onwards (4th Generation and above) that's running Fire OS 5.X.

NOTE (1): To install the required APKs, you may need a file manager from the Amazon Appstore, I used TOTAL COMMANDER - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00H4IHJ8M/

With later versions of Fire OS or SILK, you can just tap the download notifications as and when you download the APKs or use SILKs download manager, removing the need for the above file manager.

NOTE (2): You'll also need to enable 'Apps from Unknown Sources' found under Settings > Security of the Fire OS.

Now simply download the 4 APK files below using the stock web browser, SILK and install them in that same order, then POWER OFF and RESTART your tablet and afterwards open up the Google Play Store and log in with your Google account:

1. Google Account Manager 5.1-1743759
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...unt-manager-5-1-1743759-android-apk-download/

2. Google Services Framework 5.1-1743759
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...s-framework-5-1-1743759-android-apk-download/

3. Google Play Services 11.5.09 (230-164803921)
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...s-11-5-09-230-164803921-android-apk-download/

4. Google Play Store 8.3.41.U-all [0] [FP] 170066753
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/googl...41-u-all-0-fp-170066753-android-apk-download/

In future, the Google Play Store and Google Play Services apps will auto update themselves in the background.
    I've had success on two 6th gens running 5.3.2 and would like to offer some tips to all who are having issues:

Firstly, you should install items in the following order for best success:
    1. Google Services Framework
    a. Use the latest version for API 22 (original post link is correct)

2. Google Play Services (latest version works fine)
    a. Be sure you are installing the correct download. 6th gen Fire HD 8's run on a v8 arm processor and the 240 builds are the correct for this architecture. The HD 10's (5th gen) and all 5th gens are built on a v7 arm and should use 230 builds.

3. Google Account Manager
    a. Use the latest version for API 22 (original post link is correct)

4. Google Play Store
    a. Use the latest version for API 22 (min 14 is typical and OK)

If you have attempted to reinstall per the above and that didn't work, you may have to resort to factory reset the device.

TL,DR:

Versions I installed:
    #1. 5.1-1743759
    #2. 10.0.84_(240-137749526)-1008424
    #3. 5.1-1743759
    #4. 7.1.25.I-all_0_PR_137772785-80712500

Cheers & Good Luck!
    I have downloaded the 4 APKs mentioned, but what is the procedere to install them?:confused:
    use a file manager to open/install them
    try es file manager or root browser both are available at akp mirror

Sent from my XT1254 using XDA Labs

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

download the apps, when complete you can tap on the notification, you will have an option to install
    be sure to allow unknown sources in settings before downloading apps

Sent from my XT1254 using XDA Labs

Edit: stay away from ES File Manager, it was sold, and new owners have packed it full of junkware
    there are several other great file managers
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/neatbytes/solid-explorer-beta/
    http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/jrummy-apps-inc/root-browser/
    among others
    It works but I don't see the play store app nor any apps I install using the play store. The only way for me to open play store or apps installed with play store is to search using the search bar. Is there any way to get the apps along with play store to show on the main screen?
    I learned more about this problem with the fire launcher. I think it may have to do with the fact that they changed its name? I went to settings, apps and games, All, Home Pages. That's the fire launcher. I cleared its cache and data and force stopped. I'm not sure if all of those were necessary. Now apps can be installed from either the play store or the Amazon app store, and they will show on the fire launcher home screen.
    Does anyone know why I might not be able to install the API? It opens and I see the screen that shows what the application will have access to. However, when I tap "Install" nothing happens. I can only click "Cancel". I have made sure that "Apps from Unknown Sources" is turned on. Also my Fire has over 10Gb of available is update to the latest version.

Also, I tried the previous posters suggestion and used Total Commander. I still have the same problem.
    You need to reboot after changing the unknown sources setting.