How to install google play store into a phone bought from China

Search This thread

weilt

Jul 29, 2016
Moto Z Play? XT1635-03

Has anyone had any success with getting Google Play Services on a China Moto Z Play (dual-SIM, XT1635-03)? I can get it to install but it keeps crashing.

Last edited:

Pacificrout

Dec 17, 2016
want to flash CM ROM on my Chinese phone

Hello,

I have one Chinese smartphone with Android 5.1, 1 GB RAM, 8GB ROM, with Mediatek MT6735P Chipset.
please help me to get correct CM14 ROM for it.
Also want to know how to take backup of current firmware.

Thanks.

Don mullah

Mar 26, 2018
I hope someone can help me here. I have a Coolpad 8298-A01
i tried to install play store app App before and not loading at all.
I tried this method and followed all steps
Root - adding 3 apk to system/app - set permissions- but now it open Google play store it crashes while loading and tells me ERROR RETRIEVING INFORMATION FROM SERVER [RH-01]

I tried also with different G Play versions and still i can't access the application.

Can somebody help me out on this

jaguar121

Jun 16, 2018
I followed this instruction and play store was installed but it says server error . can you please help me out ....

Sep 25, 2018
I have a Chinese phone which does not support google store and apps so I tried to install it using google installer it. Worked but when I try to open the google play store app it shows a white blank screen and the phone freezes

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    umm... I found there are many guys has the problem. When he want to install a google play into an android phone bought from China,always failed.
    This thread just for noob of an andorid device. I'm also a noob lol..
    I posted the method at Blogger. now paste here. Take huawei Ascend G330D U8825D as an example:

1. Make sure your Ascend G330D rooted. This is must be request.

2.Find 2 or 3 apk:
    a>GoogleServicesFramework(Check your phone via RE explorer)
    b>GoogleLoginService
    c>Google play store(lastest version is better)

3.Copy those 2 or 3 apps to your phone(Internal or Extend are ok)

4.Copy them into System/app via RE.explorer

5.Restart your phone.
    6.You will find the Google play and now login with your google account.
    Video Guide on Youtube: http://youtu.be/Hfam7mCOAAo
    Blogger address: http://xjarl.blogspot.com/2012/09/how-to-install-google-play-store-into.html
    All the apk needed are in attachment, you can download it and decompress.
    Changing file permissions was critical

Thanks for the information and the attachments xjarl!

This worked perfectly for me, but only after I changed the permissions on the 3 files! I bought a Coolpad (Yulong) 8022 with Android 2.3.7 in China through China Mobile. I rooted the phone but was unable to install Google Play until I found this post. I downloaded the attachment, extracted the files and copied the 3 APK files to my system/app folder and rebooted. After installing Google Play and running it, I could browse all the apps in the store but I could not download or install them. The progress bar didn't move.

So I launched Root Explorer and went to the system/app folder. Then I changed the permissions of the 3 APKs: GoogleServicesFramework.apk, GoogleLoginService.apk and Google_Play-v3.8.17.apk to rw-r--r-- to match all the other files in the folder and rebooted. Since then everything has been working fine! Now I can browse the App store and download and install files without a problem!

So, the steps I recommend are:

1. Root your phone.
    2. Download the attachment above.
    3. Extract GoogleServicesFramework.apk, GoogleLoginService.apk and Google_Play-v3.8.17.apk from the RAR file and copy them to the system/app folder on your phone with Root Explorer.
    4. In Root Explorer click Mount R/W. Change the permissions of the 3 files to match the permissions of the other files in the folder (rw-r--r--). Then click Mount R/O and exit Root Explorer.
    5. Reboot your phone.
    6. Go to Accounts & Sync in your phone's settings, click Add account and enter your Google/GMail account details.
    7. Go to your apps and Launch Google Play.

I'm guessing that this will work on any Android phone. Good luck!
    This kinda works with a bit of play around

These files are KING!!!!

This method works if you root your phone!

I rooted my phone(Samsung Galaxy S4) bought from China loaded with spam and bloatware. The phone by default has a whole load of crap installed into the system apps folder and can't be deleted unless rooted!!!

I rooted using:
    Odin3 v3.07
    cofface_I9500_cwm_recovery_en_new.tar
    Google_play.rar
    SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1_3_2300_0
    System App Remover
    Root Explorer

Step 1: Put phone in USB debugging mode in order for ODIN to successfully detect and install 'cofface_I9500_cwm_recovery_en_new.tar'
    Step 2: Power phone on holding Volume Down, Menu Button and Power Button. (This put it in download mode)
    Step 3: Plug phone into PC(Ensure USB drivers have been installed)
    Step 4: Open ODIN
    Step 5: Select PDA and locate 'cofface_I9500_cwm_recovery_en_new.tar'
    Step 6: Click Start (Sit back it takes a few)
    Step 7: Once completed immediately unplug battery before phone restarts.(This apparently ensures the CWM will root the phone for S4 new security)
    Step 8: Power phone on using Volume Up, Menu Button and Power Button.
    Step 9: Root phone option
    Step 10: Install from SD card
    Step 11: Select the CWM option
    Step 12: Restart phone from the options
    Step 13 : Super User app should now be installed on the phone
    Step 14 : Given that you can't access google play you may need to download apps via pc or web browser on your mobile.
    Step 15 : Download the following apps a) Root Explorer b) System App Remover.
    Step 14 : Be smart and write down the names of the apps you need to remove and take note of the icons.
    Step 15 : Delete what you can through System App Remover (Some will not delete through this app but you'll understand a little later)
    Step 16 : Once you've deleted what you can, open Root explorer.
    Step 17 : Copy the Google Play files (There are 3) into a directory you can find on your phone.
    Step 18 : These files should be stored on SD in Root Explorer, Tap Hold and Move.
    Step 19 : Go to System then Apps.
    Step 20 : Paste and extract the folder.
    Step 21 : Delete the remaining apps that System App Remover couldn't remove.( be careful deleting the wrong apps can be troublesome)
    Step 22: NB!!!! Change the permissions on theses 3 apps to all permissions or your phone will keep bringing up alerts and freezing!!!!!
    Step 23 : In any event copying the framework from another device you will be forced to do a Factory Reset to have it all fully functional!!!!

This worked for me. Thought I'd put the full list of instructions because it took me a few hours to gather all this info from a mix of sites.
    All credit to everyone I resourced to finally get this working!!! This seems to have been an unresolved one on many sites with no tutorials for newbs.

umm... I found there are many guys has the problem. When he want to install a google play into an android phone bought from China,always failed.
    This thread just for noob of an andorid device. I'm also a noob lol..
    I posted the method at Blogger. now paste here. Take huawei Ascend G330D U8825D as an example:

1. Make sure your Ascend G330D rooted. This is must be request.

2.Find 2 or 3 apk:
    a>GoogleServicesFramework(Check your phone via RE explorer)
    b>GoogleLoginService
    c>Google play store(lastest version is better)

3.Copy those 2 or 3 apps to your phone(Internal or Extend are ok)

4.Copy them into System/app via RE.explorer

5.Restart your phone.
    6.You will find the Google play and now login with your google account.
    All the apk needed are in attachment, you can download it and decompress.
    apks

Can you upload your working apks, please

Enviado desde mi MT11i usando Tapatalk 2

try with this set of apks, these worked for me.

i cannot post links so i write it like this:

.4shared
    .com/zip/7lqifKQk/G-apks.html
    Thanks for the advice. I just wanted to point out that I was able to install the Google Play store on 2 Huawei phones in China without rooting them. I just downloaded the APKs and installed them using the Android installer. I was relieved that rooting and changing permission was unnecessary.
    I found that installing the Google Play apk by itself was enough (but I opted for a newer version than the one posted here). I also updated both phones to the latest firmware before doing this. This may have helped get rid of any limitations imposed by the mobile phone carrier (China Mobile, China Unicom, etc.).
    On a friend's coolpad, however, I did have to install the additional 2 APKs to get the Google Play store to work and he still was not able to sync his Google calendar and contacts after that. So unfortunately YMMV.

Hi!
    I have also Huawei g610-T11 bought from China (CMCC)
    But not rooted and I just installed it but all gapps force closing . I am not able to use it

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Respected sir,
    I have China (cailbar) phone. I want to Install Google play store. I followed your steps by using framaroot and root browser. It is showing that "unfortunately your google framework has stopped". Please help me to solve this problem.
    You have to convert all these apps to system apps via link2sd. But your phone must be rooted to convert these apps to system apps and to use link2sd app.