• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To install Google TV Launcher on Android 9 TV

Search This thread

Mattc001

Oct 30, 2021
first you are going to need to get 2 APK

The first one is com.google.android.apps.tv.launcherX_1.0.40152940
The second one is Google_base.apk

Then you are going to put your Android 9 version into developer mode you need to allow USB debugging and select USB configuration to any protocol such as media transfer protocol

When you did that you can sideload your two APK files when that is done you are going to need an app on your mobile phone called called remote adb shell. Find out the ip address of your box go to network and ethernet and you will find your ip adress. Go to your phone open remote adb shell put in your ip adress and 5555 on the second line click connect . Now you have two possibilities either remove the current launcher or disable it if you want to keep it

issue the following command
pm uninstall –-user 0 com.google.android.tvlauncher

if you want to reinstall the old launcher the command is as follow

cmd package install-existing com.google.android.tvlauncher

Go back to your android TV and you should now have the google tv launcher , as a side note some countries might need to use a VPN to make it work properly although it was launched officially cheers.

rolo2020

Nov 25, 2020

Then you are going to put your Android 9 version into developer mode you need to allow USB debugging and select USB configuration to any protocol such as media transfer protocol

When you did that you can sideload your two APK files when that is done you are going to need an app on your mobile phone called called remote adb shell. Find out the ip address of your box go to network and ethernet and you will find your ip adress. Go to your phone open remote adb shell put in your ip adress and 5555 on the second line click connect . Now you have two possibilities either remove the current launcher or disable it if you want to keep it

Go back to your android TV and you should now have the google tv launcher , as a side note some countries might need to use a VPN to make it work properly although it was launched officially cheers.
This is fantastic Mattc! Congratulations! You have done an arduous task! When I have some time, I'll try to install it. Greetings!

Reactions: t9anef

Mattc001

Oct 30, 2021
This is fantastic Mattc! Congratulations! You have done an arduous task! When I have some time, I'll try to install it. Greetings!
Thank you my friend but this is not much; I hope when you try it you let me know how it went; there is also an app that can help with the installation if you are not comfortable with ADB however I don't know if the app permanently applies the launcher changes or if you must choose it each time you logon; in any case here is the link to the app the app is called android tv home

dovedescent7

Jun 18, 2011

I'm trying to get this on a Nvidia Shield TV 2017 specifically for the purposes of having voice search work in sideloaded apps and browsers. The voice search works on sideloaded apps on the Chromecast with Google TV, so can you voice search sideloaded apps and browsers with this UI on your device(s)?

alishaa

Jan 8, 2022
India
www.4videoequipment.com

Thanks !! I will definitely try this.

finnley

Jan 21, 2022

I've successfully installed it. Thanks for the guidlines!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.