[How-to] Install GSI-A roms (Ulefone Armor 6)

Search This thread

Max R.

Jan 30, 2018
exFAT

Hello, does the Ulefone Armor 6E support exFAT with phhusson's or other ROMs? Do those images contain a kernel, or just use the stock kernel, which may not support exFAT?

Eisen2

Aug 19, 2019
Salamanca
No Sound

Hi everyone,
I have tested some GSIs on my Armor 6.
And since Oreo the sound problem was.
I have tried Resurrection, OmniRom, Pixel, Havoc, Erfan, Evolution, Descendant, AOSP, Lineage, StagOS.
In all the problem is the sound, without sound the mobile is not operational.
The GSI ROMs go well, very well, but if they do not solve the sound, we only have Stock.

Jul 26, 2020
Hi everyone,
I have tested some GSIs on my Armor 6.
And since Oreo the sound problem was.
I have tried Resurrection, OmniRom, Pixel, Havoc, Erfan, Evolution, Descendant, AOSP, Lineage, StagOS.
In all the problem is the sound, without sound the mobile is not operational.
The GSI ROMs go well, very well, but if they do not solve the sound, we only have Stock.

Hi, I will appreciate advice on the process to Root and install TWRP on Armor 5?
Thank you for answering this difficult question. :)

Jul 26, 2020
Managed to get the phone running. However, there is no network coverage., no sim card. Do i update baseband or kernel?

Device is Armor 5 with working LineageOS 15. 16 and 17 does not boot. Help will be greatly appreciated!

Eisen2

Aug 19, 2019
Salamanca
Boot Lineage

Managed to get the phone running. However, there is no network coverage., no sim card. Do i update baseband or kernel?

Device is Armor 5 with working LineageOS 15. 16 and 17 does not boot. Help will be greatly appreciated!

Hi. I also have an Armor 5. If you want to boot Lineage, don't root it, install only twrp, and through Fastboot install the GSI (ARM64-A).

Teconpl

Aug 13, 2020
Rybnik
Thank You
Really, sincerely, Thank You
I was fighting with my phone 2 nights, one recovery to stock (i need it during day :p)

But now I got Android 10. working.
/me happy :)

ariekraakjr

Nov 12, 2020
I got a failed message at the fastboot -w command
Any idea?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot -w
wiping userdata...
CreateProcess failed: Het systeem kan het opgegeven bestand niet vinden. (2)
error: Cannot generate image for userdata

stizarch

Dec 20, 2017
Armor 6E user here. I can't get TWRP to install. I can only ever get it to work after installing from APP and then rebooting once.

I've tried phhh ASOP GSI roms android 9,10,11 and get them to connect to wifi. I've tried several other roms and it's the same thing.
I'm pretty sick o fmy Armor 6E and the freezing screen and slow softkeyboard.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I started fiddling even more with installing GSI-A partitions roms into the Ulefone Armor 6 as of today. Here's how you install GSI-A roms. I have tried roms from Android 8-10 official & unofficial. Lineage, RR, Pixel Experience, & etc...

Disclaimer:
    I am not responsible if you damage, brick, or willingly alter your phone in any way shape or form blah blah blah, you get the point.
    I did not fully test with 100 certainty these GSI-A roms below. Even the ones below that I did test have many bugs/issues. The ones below were the ones that booted correctly for me. Test at your own discretion. Some of these roms wont have SU & GAPPS.

Prerequisites:
    Make sure you have an unlocked bootloader.
    Make sure your phone has, TWRP installed.
    Make sure you have drivers installed, here.
    Fastboot & ADB tools, here.

Rom's I've tested & boot on Armor 6:
    Android 10
    1. (AOSP) Android 10 by phhusson
    2. PixelExperience 10.0 BETA by ExpressLuke
    3. Havoc OS 3.0 by ExpressLuke
    Android 8
    4. Resurrection Remix by phhusson
    Any other GSI-A roms being supported can be found here, feel free to try out your own if you feel like it.

Installation:
    1. Place your device in, "Fastboot mode"
    2. Open up command prompt (cmd) on your computer, cd into the folder where fastboot & adb is in, and type, "fastboot erase system"

1WFH4txw1TllfYS7CBePHl7wQwSohQjaD

1Jww-Ya2w8g38qVEi-a_RMb7uY8KY6Xcd

3. Now flash the GSI-A image to your Armor 6 system partition. "fastboot flash system (what ever your system name).img"
    11GxhB3EPDA13l1igdBRkyc7buOJgM_UR

10JhEMDjNf0IPvgHhbq_yqsSxxuarmpHh

4. This following command will format userdata & cache. "fastboot -w"
    1tTGw39wR5p4wHETsIL_DE8ISk96k1z5N

1-JEd3MSddeuCgbq2sg6KjANAu9KpG8uO

5. Last but not least step using fastboot, is to reboot your device. "fastboot reboot"
    1XZCN8lhJ9V3pGEL0LtRK4sn4RaBxsQyb

Now, pay attention.
    When you flash the system image to your device, it only flashes the minimum data size that comes with the image. You have to reboot into TWRP, Resize /data partition & format to EXT4 to get the full 128GB partition size.

6. Boot into TWRP. To do this, power off the device and press both the, "Power button + Volume up button" at the same time during which you should see the bootloader menu. To move between options to have to press the volume up, until you are hovering over, "recovery" option. Then press volume down, to select recovery and boot into it.
    14f0fHWaaiHum0McF9haAZDCzoKAPl9bu

7. Select the, "wipe" option.

1zqIxU2WFJjSqN34S0TwLsITJLM6KJ1xz

1bv99xcXTHhzkU9B6SLobUDbo2Gr8beOz

8. Select & check mark, "Data" first, then secondly, select, "Repair or change file system."
    1y7mKbyEuVs4v5USS34GrS-RwmWbyZ8ZY

9. Resize the data partition.
    1v7kzDrsS3Ny3XXhF6sPWiRNahtkkxhbl

1djxanFL0oVEEuDueSkrf3Kmb-8lFdWR0

10. Now change the file system format, to, "EXT4"
    18LAqr4sT4KaqUIZ6ccTQW1UR3Y7XUF8t

1kAbdpytE0CzW4gdcZvvCtYEz7HTYDEBe

175ULN-1FS1jLE8nfT06aEsfk8Zm3qK0O

Now reboot the phone

That's all there's to it. Not all GSI-A images will work, if they don't work, the developer of that GSI-A has to make it so. Good luck.
    16BH3Jul_yG5mLtFhm0kyrk6GkvOjXimI
    1kv-LSc3pOvI77O6PNcbHLh716tC159W3
    1N43k0qB35ZfjRoHfi7vjszg7709JV44V
    19rBnZmTNBpK1Vz4v2iSLE-4Yf4Qf6i0a
    What is the current method we are using to bypass dm-verity?

Thanks a ton for your work.
    What is the current method we are using to bypass dm-verity?

Thanks a ton for your work.
    I format the partitions to ext4 and flashed the dm-verity zip. I'll send you the link once I get home.
    thanks dude, are roms working without bugs? mobile network and gps working?

Weekend I will try to install the Ressurection Remix or Pixel Experience (10), I'm still in doubt rsr, and bring news if it's working well with me. thanks!
    The AOSP 10 by phh, has a bug that I came about, that my computer couldn't detect my Armor 6 device. So unless you have a wireless app, you cant transfer files locally as of this version.
    Pixel Experience has a bug, that you have to register your device as a custom rom with google. Otherwise the device can't download Google Play Store apps. I am currently running this version. I'm testing it more. I didn't test Havoc completely, but it doesn't come with Google Play Store.

Use A/B treble check gives A forsome reason but A ones dont work..