Jan 22, 2009
Philadelphia
Guide that is all thanks to @sdflowers32

Make sure you're on OOS 10.5.5 Global from MSM Tool first and your bootloader
is unlocked critical partition

In order to find a GSI ROM that works for our device you are looking for
arm64-ab-img.xz as long as you see this variant it will work just
FOLLOW THESE STEPS EXACTLY OR YOU WILL NOT BOOT

You must also have the Oneplus_files.zip and One_plus_nord sdk extracted into the exact same folder as your GSI IMG first

fastboot -w
fastboot reboot fastboot
fastboot flash vendor_a (vendor image that's in folder)
fastboot reboot bootloader
fastboot -w
fastboot boot twrp10.img
Wipe > Format data > Yes
reboot to bootloader
fastboot reboot fastboot
fastboot flash product_a product_gsi.img
fastboot erase system_a
fastboot resize-logical-partition system_a 4210000000
fastboot -w
fastboot boot twrp10.img
MAKE SURE YOUR SD CARD IS IN YOUR DEVICE BEFORE REBOOTING
Flash GSI img from SD Card to System
reboot to bootloader (if you see NO OS installed it's fine)
!!!!DO NOT SKIP THESE LAST TWO STEPS!!!!
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
Reboot to system

First boot in my case has taken about 85-90 seconds. I usually like to have my phone
connected to my PC because when it gets to the boot animation screen you hear a sound basically
Once you get to that screen you'll boot right to home screen

In my instances after the phone is booted up I go back to fastboot and
fastboot boot twrp10.img

Make sure that Magisk zip is on my SD Card
I select storage SD Card and flash Magisk zip

Magisk 23 does not work with Android 12 only Magisk 24

- First you need to download This mini sdk
It is necessary for the cmd commands to work
- you need also to install the drivers , just go to

You need to install both drivers clockworkmod and one plus drivers.

- To unlock the bootloader of your oneplus device just connect it to a Windows computer with USB debugging on and run the following commands from the mini sdk folder that just downloaded
adb devices
Then check your device for confirmation. Then
adb reboot bootloader
Then run the command
fastboot oem unlock
A factory screen will pop-up asking for confirmation, you need to confirm using the volume buttons and the power button.
The phone will reboot into recovery and wipe the data. Please do not interrupt this process or the device will not boot anymore.
So just be patient until the phone finishes booting and set it up and turn the USB debugging on.

Note that you need to flash both files only once, unless you returned to stock rom.

If you updated to Android 11 Oxygen OS 11 you need to switch slots by running the command
fastboot --set-active=a
Because android 11 were installed in the b slot.
If you have a problem booting into fastboot mode try extracting the mini sdk provided in the tmp folder on your desktop computer.
The working Android versions are 10,11,12. Now I am running Resurrection Remix ROM android 10 just amazing
NAMING
Some information you should know about knowing what type of gsi it is
<ARCH>_xyZ
<ARCH> can either be arm, a64 (arm32_binder64) or arm64
x can either be a or b
y can either be v, o, g or f
Z can be N or S
b = a/b
a = a-only
g = gapps
o = gapps-go
v = vanilla (no gapps included)
f = floss (free & open source apps instead gapps)
N = no superuser
S = superuser included
Z = dynamic superuser included
-lite = for VNDK Lite vendors (also can help with broken camera even on normal VNDK vendors)
so in most common example "arm64_avZ" is ARM64 A-only vanilla with dynamic superuser

I am not responsible for the damage caused by this work. Good luck.
Where did you get clockworkmod?

bentalebnordine

Mar 2, 2013

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220517-012901_Pixel Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220517-012901_Pixel Launcher.png
    753.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20220517-012848_Pixel Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220517-012848_Pixel Launcher.png
    258.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20220517-012831_Pixel Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220517-012831_Pixel Launcher.png
    765.3 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Markus214

sdflowers32

Sep 23, 2016

You must also have the Oneplus_files.zip and One_plus_nord sdk extracted into the exact same folder as your GSI IMG first

fastboot -w
fastboot reboot fastboot
fastboot -w
fastboot boot twrp10.img
Wipe > Format data > Yes
reboot to bootloader
fastboot reboot fastboot
fastboot erase system_a
fastboot -w
fastboot boot twrp10.img
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
Reboot to system

First boot in my case has taken about 85-90 seconds. I usually like to have my phone
connected to my PC because when it gets to the boot animation screen you hear a sound basically

fastboot boot twrp10.img

Perhaps I've just had bad luck with this but, from my experience, TWRP won't boot after flashing certain Android 12 GSI's but the stock boot.img is included in the OnePlus_files.zip. It can be patched with the Magisk flavor of your choice so rooting isn't an issue. Whenever flashing it flash to both slots with fastboot flash boot_a (magisk_patched_boot).img and the same with boot_b. ✌️

bentalebnordine

Mar 2, 2013
Perhaps I've just had bad luck with this but, from my experience, TWRP won't boot after flashing certain Android 12 GSI's but the stock boot.img is included in the OnePlus_files.zip. It can be patched with the Magisk flavor of your choice so rooting isn't an issue. Whenever flashing it flash to both slots with fastboot flash boot_a (magisk_patched_boot).img and the same with boot_b. ✌️
The same happened with me
You don't need to wipe data with twrp, just wipe it with fastbootd or standard fastboot or both.

sdflowers32

Sep 23, 2016
I've been lucky actually to use TWRP that's in the development section Android 10 and 11 thankfully. Just still can't get lineage flashed with Gapps 😂😂 that's like my white whale currently
This might just work for you. It's the only package I was able to flash on one of the Project Arcana Vanilla Flavors besides Magisk Gapps. You know you can just about always flash those but from my experience they tend to crash and continuously have issues. Check it out, it's a really small package so it just might solve your problem.
The zip file is only 80.23 MiB (84,130,006 B)
Nikgapps

bentalebnordine

Mar 2, 2013
I just got curious; Why do we need this "special" Nord ADB/fastboot instead of the one from Google and where does it even come from? Can't really find it anywhere else.
Because we have tow interfaces
Google fastboot and oneplus fastboot, I got it on xda forum on one plus nord device, thank you for asking, you are the first to ask.

thomaskmaagaard

May 15, 2014
OnePlus Nord N100
Google fastboot and oneplus fastboot, I got it on xda forum on one plus nord device, thank you for asking, you are the first to ask.
I guess that makes sense. Does it lack any functionality compared to the Google build? I have been keeping it separate, but it would be much easier if I could just merge them, i.e. put the files in the same location, overwrite existing files and then not needing to switch between them.

I'm guessing that won't work how I hope..
But if it does, is this being updated? And do you know where to get updates?

Reactions: bentalebnordine

bentalebnordine

Mar 2, 2013
I guess that makes sense. Does it lack any functionality compared to the Google build? I have been keeping it separate, but it would be much easier if I could just merge them, i.e. put the files in the same location, overwrite existing files and then not needing to switch between them.

If you have any problems just write in Google adb fastboot latest and choose the from androidmtk website, it works fine, but you can't merge them (adb, fastboot) just use them separately. some windows machines do not work (64bit)
Here is the link

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good morning guys.

fastboot -w
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    fastboot -w
    fastboot boot twrp10.img
    Wipe > Format data > Yes
    reboot to bootloader
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    fastboot erase system_a
    fastboot -w
    fastboot boot twrp10.img
    Reboot to system

fastboot boot twrp10.img

✨Instructions for flashing DOT GSI✨

(Start by flashing to stock 10.5.5 with the MSM tool for the device and follow the previous instructions to unlock the bootloader but only to this point)
    I decided to edit this because it's been so long since I've removed encryption on this device I completely left out the steps to do so which are imperative. It's much easier to remove encryption on Android 10 than 11 with this device but as far as I know this is the sure fire way to flash an Android 11 GSI on this device. Maybe it can be flashed from 10 but I can't guarantee it as I can with this so here is the revised instructions.
    1. Use the MSM tool to revert back to stock and unlock the bootloader
    2. Upgrade OTA as far as you can up until version 11.0.4 (Most likely you'll have to use the file I've included in the attachment and perform a local upgrade by placing the zip file in your internal storage to get on this version) Remember this is only for the global firmware but it can be cross flashed with a modded MSM tool.
    3. Once you're on 11.0.4 you'll need to format an SD card to exfat which can be done easily with windows because you're going to have to place the super.img on it to be flashed in TWRP. Android supports exfat but for reasons beyond my understanding when you purchase an SD card for Android it comes formatted as fat32 which has a 4 gig limitation.
    4. Unzip the 11.0.4 super.img and load it on the SD card along with Magisk.apk. You can either rename the extension from Magisk.apk to Magisk.zip and keep just the one file on your card or copy it and place them both on but nevertheless you'll need the zip file to flash in TWRP after flashing the super partition. Use the TWRP11.img provided in this devices thread and have it placed in your platform-tools folder on PC. Reboot to the bootloader and enter fastboot boot twrp11.img (Or whatever the name of the image happens to be). Once you're in recovery choose wipe, format data and enter yes. Go back and choose install image then select the super11.0.4.img and flash to the super partition. Go back and flash Magisk.zip.
    5. Now boot to the bootloader and with the volume keys enter stock recovery.
    6. Wipe Data, Cache and System and reboot. I usually reboot back to the bootloader then boot TWRP again just to make sure I can mount all partitions assuring that the device is decrypted.
    7. Now all you have to do is place the DOT_SUPER.img on your SD just as you previously did, wipe and format data, then flash it to the super partition just as you did with the stock 11.0.4 super. The boot image is provided as well but I wouldn't advise uninstalling Magisk. Upgrade if you like but it may not boot if you flash the stock boot.img
    DOT Files
    If I am not mistaken, the BE2013 variant is the global factory unlocked. If so, then maybe these carrier devices will not work with your excellent guide. That being said, I was able to get the DSU to work fine -- AOSP 12.