i am getting this:

fastboot: unknown option -- disable-verity

sdflowers32

Sep 23, 2016
when i use this command

fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

i am getting this:

fastboot: unknown option -- disable-verity
The command above the error you posted is different. If you're using the above command then you shouldn't have an issue. Notice the hyphens aren't touching on the bottom example but they need to as they are on the top example. You should also --disable-verification as well.

• Sad
Reactions: hawk1736

hawk1736

Oct 13, 2021
The command above the error you posted is different. If you're using the above command then you shouldn't have an issue. Notice the hyphens aren't touching on the bottom example but they need to as they are on the top example. You should also --disable-verification as well.
i copied the command! didnt type it :))
and got the message

yuhh_chris

Apr 1, 2022
Hey so i was following this and I keep getting stuck on this, whats the problem? i extracted the .XZ to the .img and now its not working.
1655862101573.png

Last edited:

sdflowers32

Sep 23, 2016
i copied the command! didnt type it :))
and got the message
The complete command should be (fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img). If you're getting an error then you may need to update platform-tools from Google. Though I don't doubt you copied the command, in the photo if you look closely the hyphens are not touching in the error. I'd look and see if they are in the original command. I'd highly recommend that you don't use minimal adb and fastboot and download sdk tools from Google's developer website as the others are insufficient and outdated. Extract them to your C drive. I usually create an Android folder underneath the C drive and extract them there. If you copy the path then go into your systems advanced settings, under environmental variables you can add them to path then use them from any folder on your PC by simply holding the shift key, right clicking and choosing open PowerShell here.

Last edited:

sdflowers32

Sep 23, 2016
Hey so i was following this and I keep getting stuck on this, whats the problem? i extracted the .XZ to the .img and now its not working.
View attachment 5642829
I don't where to begin. First and foremost your trying to flash a system.img to the product partition. Android 12 GSI's need to be flashed with Android 10 twrp. You need to go back and follow the instructions exactly. Trust me, to successfully flash that ROM you can't skip any step. You should only use fastboot for flashing the vendor10.img to remove encryption then for flashing the product_gsi.img and resizing the system partition. The system.img you're trying to flash in the photo needs to be loaded on a SD card and flashed with TWRP. It may be possible to flash the GSI in fastbootd mode but this particular one never would boot for me until I flashed it with TWRP.

Last edited:

hawk1736

Oct 13, 2021
The complete command should be (fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img). If you're getting an error then you may need to update platform-tools from Google. Though I don't doubt you copied the command, in the photo if you look closely the hyphens are not touching in the error. I'd look and see if they are in the original command. I'd highly recommend that you don't use minimal adb and fastboot and download sdk tools from Google's developer website as the others are insufficient and outdated. Extract them to your C drive. I usually create an Android folder underneath the C drive and extract them there. If you copy the path then go into your systems advanced settings, under environmental variables you can add them to path then use them from any folder on your PC by simply holding the shift key, right clicking and choosing open PowerShell here.
ok so did every step correctly! got platform tools working but my phone keeps rebooting to fastboot after flashing the gsi!

sdflowers32

Sep 23, 2016
ok so did every step correctly! got platform tools working but my phone keeps rebooting to fastboot after flashing the gsi!
Could you create a log of your actions and either post it here or send me a private message from start to finish. All commands used and briefly explain what you're doing in between sessions for example the physical actions your taking such as, after initially decrypting the device by flashing the vendor10.img provided. In my instructions I specifically stated to format data in TWRP but then boot to stock recovery and perform a wipe in three stages. Not saying you skipped this specific step but if I know exactly what you did then I can tell you where you went wrong. I'm more than happy to help. Most of all don't get frustrated and take your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good morning guys.
    Guide that is all thanks to @sdflowers32

Make sure you're on OOS 10.5.5 Global from MSM Tool first and your bootloader
    is unlocked critical partition

In order to find a GSI ROM that works for our device you are looking for
    arm64-ab-img.xz as long as you see this variant it will work just
    FOLLOW THESE STEPS EXACTLY OR YOU WILL NOT BOOT

You must also have the Oneplus_files.zip and One_plus_nord sdk extracted into the exact same folder as your GSI IMG first

fastboot -w
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    fastboot flash vendor_a (vendor image that's in folder)
    fastboot reboot bootloader
    fastboot -w
    fastboot boot twrp10.img
    Wipe > Format data > Yes
    reboot to bootloader
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    fastboot flash product_a product_gsi.img
    fastboot erase system_a
    fastboot resize-logical-partition system_a 4210000000
    fastboot reboot bootloader
    fastboot -w
    fastboot boot twrp10.img
    MAKE SURE YOUR SD CARD IS IN YOUR DEVICE BEFORE REBOOTING
    Flash GSI img from SD Card to System
    reboot to bootloader (if you see NO OS installed it's fine)
    !!!!DO NOT SKIP THESE LAST TWO STEPS!!!!
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img
    Reboot to system

First boot in my case has taken about 85-90 seconds. I usually like to have my phone
    connected to my PC because when it gets to the boot animation screen you hear a sound basically
    Once you get to that screen you'll boot right to home screen

In my instances after the phone is booted up I go back to fastboot and
    fastboot boot twrp10.img

Make sure that Magisk zip is on my SD Card
    I select storage SD Card and flash Magisk zip

Magisk 23 does not work with Android 12 only Magisk 24
    ✨Instructions for flashing DOT GSI✨

(Start by flashing to stock 10.5.5 with the MSM tool for the device and follow the previous instructions to unlock the bootloader but only to this point)
    I decided to edit this because it's been so long since I've removed encryption on this device I completely left out the steps to do so which are imperative. It's much easier to remove encryption on Android 10 than 11 with this device but as far as I know this is the sure fire way to flash an Android 11 GSI on this device. Maybe it can be flashed from 10 but I can't guarantee it as I can with this so here is the revised instructions.
    1. Use the MSM tool to revert back to stock and unlock the bootloader
    2. Upgrade OTA as far as you can up until version 11.0.4 (Most likely you'll have to use the file I've included in the attachment and perform a local upgrade by placing the zip file in your internal storage to get on this version) Remember this is only for the global firmware but it can be cross flashed with a modded MSM tool.
    3. Once you're on 11.0.4 you'll need to format an SD card to exfat which can be done easily with windows because you're going to have to place the super.img on it to be flashed in TWRP. Android supports exfat but for reasons beyond my understanding when you purchase an SD card for Android it comes formatted as fat32 which has a 4 gig limitation.
    4. Unzip the 11.0.4 super.img and load it on the SD card along with Magisk.apk. You can either rename the extension from Magisk.apk to Magisk.zip and keep just the one file on your card or copy it and place them both on but nevertheless you'll need the zip file to flash in TWRP after flashing the super partition. Use the TWRP11.img provided in this devices thread and have it placed in your platform-tools folder on PC. Reboot to the bootloader and enter fastboot boot twrp11.img (Or whatever the name of the image happens to be). Once you're in recovery choose wipe, format data and enter yes. Go back and choose install image then select the super11.0.4.img and flash to the super partition. Go back and flash Magisk.zip.
    5. Now boot to the bootloader and with the volume keys enter stock recovery.
    6. Wipe Data, Cache and System and reboot. I usually reboot back to the bootloader then boot TWRP again just to make sure I can mount all partitions assuring that the device is decrypted.
    7. Now all you have to do is place the DOT_SUPER.img on your SD just as you previously did, wipe and format data, then flash it to the super partition just as you did with the stock 11.0.4 super. The boot image is provided as well but I wouldn't advise uninstalling Magisk. Upgrade if you like but it may not boot if you flash the stock boot.img
    DOT Files
    If I am not mistaken, the BE2013 variant is the global factory unlocked. If so, then maybe these carrier devices will not work with your excellent guide. That being said, I was able to get the DSU to work fine -- AOSP 12.
    Because we have tow interfaces
    Google fastboot and oneplus fastboot, I got it on xda forum on one plus nord device, thank you for asking, you are the first to ask.
    I guess that makes sense. Does it lack any functionality compared to the Google build? I have been keeping it separate, but it would be much easier if I could just merge them, i.e. put the files in the same location, overwrite existing files and then not needing to switch between them.

I'm guessing that won't work how I hope..
    But if it does, is this being updated? And do you know where to get updates?