How to install Lollipop 5.1 on Ascend Mate 7

Search This thread

chudy_85

Jul 26, 2011
some where in europe
For people from Poland. Do you have ota.zip lollipop pack for our huawei. I ask you because when I push and hold square I have cros and there Russian language. Correct it's dodaj but why Russian I have here??? I take polish language at boot my lollipop and I have all most everything in polish but this it's crazy for me. If you have can you upload for people from Poland??? Thanks

Wysłane z mojego HUAWEI MT7-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

cyber8607

Jul 13, 2008
Bozen
Anyone has downgraded successfully from lollipop to 137? if yes,how? thanks :D

I got this Email from Huawei:

Roll back alle versioni precedenti
Aktionen
Huawei Service Team (beta0039@mail01.huawei.com) Der Kontaktliste hinzufügen 12.06.2015 Behält diese Nachricht oben im Posteingang.
An: beta0039@mail01.huawei.com
beta0039@mail01.huawei.com
Ciao,

se vuoi ritornare alla versione 4.4 del tuo Mate 7, pui farlo cosi:

1) Scarica la versione precedente ai seguenti link

· Mate 7 (single sim): HUAWEI MT7-L09 V100R001C00B137SP03 al link http://consumer.huawei.com/it/support/downloads/detail/index.htm?id=45348

· Mate 7 Gold (dual sim): V100R001C00B125SP02 al link http://consumer.huawei.com/it/support/downloads/detail/index.htm?id=45462

2) Scarica il transition pack:

· Mate 7 (single sim): Mate 7 (Jazz-L09 single SIM) RollBack EMUI3.1+Android5.1 to EMUI3.0+Android 4.4 al link http://consumer.huawei.com/it/support/downloads/detail/index.htm?id=45422
· Mate 7 Gold (dual sim): Mate 7 Gold (MT7 -TL10)_ RollBack EMUI3.1+Android5.1 to EMUI3.0+Android 4.4 al link http://consumer.huawei.com/it/support/downloads/detail/index.htm?id=45463

3) Segui le istruzioni contenute nel file pdf all'interno del transition pack.

In sintesi devi prima flashare il telefono con il transition pack, successivamente mettere la versione 4.4

Fai attenzione ai tuoi dati, queste operazione ripristinano i valori di fabbrica. Tutti i tuoi dati andranno persi. Effettua un backup prima di iniziare il rollback

Grazie,

buona giornata

Huawei Service Team

in few Words:

-Download 4.4 Firmware
-Download transition pack (include instruction as pdf)
-install transition pack
-install 4.4 Firmware
-voilà (remember, phone will be factory resetted)

weysh

Jun 15, 2015
downgrade kk

Hi , dont work with me mt7-L09 update fail 90% with vol + vol - and power or 19% with software update please need to return to KK.

Last edited:

Supanova5k

Jan 30, 2009
Cape Town
I have MT7-TL10 with build number MT7-TL10V100R001C00B128 which is Android 4.4.2 and EMUI version 3

I am not sure if this is the International or Chinese version. I live in South Africa.

From what I understand in this thread, I should be able to update to Android 5.1 using the instructions on page 1. However I see most of the users who have followed this process have MT7-L09. I want to know if anyone has successfully updated to Android 5.1 on a MT7-TL10 device?

Thanks In Advance!

Last edited:

SEMICONIAN

Nov 2, 2010
Johannesburg
Works for me

Works perfectly on mine (MT7-L09) too. Thanks for sharing. Greetings from South Africa.

Can anyone tell me how to get the recent apps card effect as opposed to page effect?

cbxtura

Jun 15, 2015
Notification bug

Running 5.1 but the only issue is the notification sounds, its set as an iron man sound but its playing default and not changing it i change it. Its stuck on default pls help

djgigio

Dec 5, 2006
After i update to 5.1 i can`t activate the android wear notifications on the phone!
Anyone here as the same issue?

loumposa

Dec 28, 2009
Everyone talks about lollipop 5.1 but when I check the official consumer huawei website no emui 3.1 and lollipop 5.1 has been released.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using XDA Free mobile app

kareemgonna

Jun 4, 2012
Alexandria
Promising...

Well I've been looking forward to give it a try to find out whether I should be looking for a new replacement for my phone or not, but after trying this rom I'll definitely wait for the official release. My impression is great, the rom as far as I used it was smooth, I loved Lollipop animations and my overall experience was great except for a couple of bugs that I wish that will be ironed out by the official release. I hope that Huawei give it more time to improve performance, also it would be great if they add an option to choose the stock (Google's) recents screen instead of their alternative which is awful. The only annoying bug I faced was with my Moto360, it worked fine until I factory reset the rom, the option to allow Android Wear to have access to the notifications doesn't work at all, had to downgrade to KitKat but I'll definitely give it another go upon the official release.

*For those wondering how to downgrade, even with a bootloop, check this link: http://xdaforums.com/mate-7/help/5-1-to-4-4-2-bootloop-t3132888
If the rom is running follow the second part only.

Last edited:

djgigio

Dec 5, 2006
Well I've been looking forward to give it a try to find out whether I should be looking for a new replacement for my phone or not, but after trying this rom I'll definitely wait for the official release. My impression is great, the rom as far as I used it was smooth, I loved Lollipop animations and my overall experience was great except for a couple of bugs that I wish that will be ironed out by the official release. I hope that Huawei give it more time to improve performance, also it would be great if they add an option to choose the stock (Google's) recents screen instead of their alternative which is awful. The only annoying bug I faced was with my Moto360, it worked fine until I factory reset the rom, the option to allow Android Wear to have access to the notifications doesn't work at all, had to downgrade to KitKat but I'll definitely give it another go upon the official release.

*For those wondering how to downgrade, even with a bootloop, check this link: http://xdaforums.com/mate-7/help/5-1-to-4-4-2-bootloop-t3132888
If the rom is running follow the second part only.

I had same issue with my moto 360!!!!

kareemgonna

Jun 4, 2012
Alexandria
I had same issue with my moto 360!!!!

After some searching I found out that this is a bug in this rom, Any program like Android Wear won't get access. the only way I found to make it work out, is through downgrading, getting access on KitKat and then upgrading, the only problem is that you won't do a factory reset which I think is essential for this rom to run smoothly...

XDADEVX

Jun 24, 2015
I wish I could upgrade without downgrade because Its a pain to backup and re install everything.

that's not true .. i downgrded to 127 then up to 137 (ota manually local up) then to 5.1 all apps and all settings on same place.
Rooted with KingRoot job done ;)

---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

Please need help I downgrade to 137 try to update lollipop from local but when I hit uodater from my phone it said unfortunately stopped?!what can I do now?

You have to go to manage apps locte update app and clear cache and force stop , close all apps and go back to update app and it will work ;)

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

To all of you who installed the lollipop update ( ops I mean lollipop beta update! :) ) are really a bunch of losers !
Don't complain when you can't downgrade and all that. I think however it was very stupid to roll this out thru OTA in Poland, I guess from a warranty stand point it can give huawei head aches if a lot of people **** their phones up.

Me myself , I will not install any beta version, but in July I expect the sharp release of Lollipop otherwise I will get an total outbreak and sell my phone. I really need lolipop the phone is lagging as hell when doing multi tasking, this one was not made to handle multi tasking with C notice, this app open up possibility to multi task quicker made 7 was not made for this type of fast multi tasking between programs..
so a software and performance boost is much needed.. I think with the software it will be lag free. Common it must be it is an 8 core cpu.

Hey
Tell me one thing ; HOW do you know or WHO told you that this is beta?? what you think, what beta means ? Do you think is bad ? Huawei wouldn't push it to OTA if it's dangerous to the phone users..
In reality it isn't any beta..
In kitkat you have NO IDEA how many betas versions you went through and you believed it is normal version.. :)
Do you believe SO MUCH that the version in july will be so so ''sharp ? Who will prove it to you ? NOBODY ;)
All updates are just temporary it doesn't matter if u have beta , alfa , we will be receiving so so many updates .. it is endless marketing story..
Ppl are obsessed with ''updates'' so they will be here forever..(or until something different than smartphones will comes up)
For performance it is ONLY up to you how you will be managing with phone and what apps you will be installing..
All apps in store are spam and only user makes the phone ''slow-down'' ..
If you are so discussed sell it and buy iPhone

Reactions: paullu and chudy_85

tufoz

May 15, 2009
I got this Email from Huawei:

in few Words:

-Download 4.4 Firmware
-Download transition pack (include instruction as pdf)
-install transition pack
-install 4.4 Firmware
-voilà (remember, phone will be factory resetted)
Ciao,

i'm on a chinese TL10 .. do you have any suggestion how to update to lollipop?

cyber8607

Jul 13, 2008
Bozen
Ciao,

i'm on a chinese TL10 .. do you have any suggestion how to update to lollipop?

Hi,

i dont know , if there is somewhere a lollipop Firmware for the TL10.
The update itselfe is easy. Put the File (Zip) on the Mate 7 , in the folder "dload"

Go in the settings of your Mate 7 -> Update -> choose local update

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are we really a bunch of losers?

To all of you who installed the lollipop update ( ops I mean lollipop beta update! :) ) are really a bunch of losers !
    Don't complain when you can't downgrade and all that. I think however it was very stupid to roll this out thru OTA in Poland, I guess from a warranty stand point it can give huawei head aches if a lot of people **** their phones up.

Me myself , I will not install any beta version, but in July I expect the sharp release of Lollipop otherwise I will get an total outbreak and sell my phone. I really need lolipop the phone is lagging as hell when doing multi tasking, this one was not made to handle multi tasking with C notice, this app open up possibility to multi task quicker made 7 was not made for this type of fast multi tasking between programs..
    so a software and performance boost is much needed.. I think with the software it will be lag free. Common it must be it is an 8 core cpu.
    Imho I find your remark about us "being a bunch of losers" a bit offensive and somehow missing the point.
    It doesn't matter at all if this "bunch of losers" tries to install the beta update, the offical update or the release package (when Huawei releases it). To succeed for the first two you must be on a plain vanilla stock rom and for the last you must have stock recovery installed. That's where some users fail and ask for help (that's what this forum is all about, isn't it).

So unless someone builds an update.zip for CWM and comes up with a CWM for our phones that works with lollipop this will be the only method available to get LP5.1 up and running.

I too installed CWM and rooted my device and did some tinkering and went through some trouble to update to lollipop and can say, I like it and I don't care if it's beta or not.
    My apologies in advance if I offended someone with my remarks and hope, that I got the technical statement right.
    For those experiencing the issues i did when trying to update.zip on L09
    1. Download SP03 Rom here. https://mega.co.nz/#!fVIUCbaD!JZerWHy66gCzpNQHB58at6mynNzulP5NARQJnLsmaEQ
    2. Connect computer and set phone into "USB Mode"
    2. Extract the dload folder from the rom directly into the SD Root
    3. Go into phones Settings > update> menu > local update to apply the update
    4. The phone will reboot. Then update
    5. Delete the update.app in the SD/dload foler (old stuff)
    5. Download the Update zip from
    https://mega.nz/#!0BxHWB4Q!P34e3RI-hQT1ZY2WnfOosGmkq2wlr6NViq6ehQuWN5k
    6. Place the update.zip directly into the SD/dload folder
    7. Go to settings > update > menu > local update to apply update
    8. the phone will reboot and install update. It should be working perfect.

Hope this helps!
    Hello,

In order to install the latest Lollipop 5.1 beta on Ascend Mate 7, please follow the steps below:

1. Download the update file from here
    2. Connect your phone to the computer
    3. On the root of the SD card, create a folder named dload
    4. In the dload folder, copy the update.zip file. Do not unzip it
    5. Disconnect the phone from the computer
    6. Go to settings-> menu-> local update
    7. Select the package
    8. Confirm the upgrade
    9. Wait for the update to complete
    10. After the phone reboots, i reccommend performing a factory reset, from the settings

Enjoy Lollipop on your kick ass Mate 7 :D

P.S. Please note that this update is for the 2 GB version of the Mate 7
    I wish I could upgrade without downgrade because Its a pain to backup and re install everything.

that's not true .. i downgrded to 127 then up to 137 (ota manually local up) then to 5.1 all apps and all settings on same place.
    Rooted with KingRoot job done ;)

---------- Post added at 22:10 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

Please need help I downgrade to 137 try to update lollipop from local but when I hit uodater from my phone it said unfortunately stopped?!what can I do now?

You have to go to manage apps locte update app and clear cache and force stop , close all apps and go back to update app and it will work ;)

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:10 ----------

Hey
    Tell me one thing ; HOW do you know or WHO told you that this is beta?? what you think, what beta means ? Do you think is bad ? Huawei wouldn't push it to OTA if it's dangerous to the phone users..
    In reality it isn't any beta..
    In kitkat you have NO IDEA how many betas versions you went through and you believed it is normal version.. :)
    Do you believe SO MUCH that the version in july will be so so ''sharp ? Who will prove it to you ? NOBODY ;)
    All updates are just temporary it doesn't matter if u have beta , alfa , we will be receiving so so many updates .. it is endless marketing story..
    Ppl are obsessed with ''updates'' so they will be here forever..(or until something different than smartphones will comes up)
    For performance it is ONLY up to you how you will be managing with phone and what apps you will be installing..
    All apps in store are spam and only user makes the phone ''slow-down'' ..
    If you are so discussed sell it and buy iPhone
    Help please ?

Hello guys,
    I dont know if anyone follows this thread anymore but I just signed up to this forum to ask on this tread if anyone else faced same issues (buggs) when updating to Lolipop 5.1 on Huawei Ascend Mate 7 (M7-L09)

This is the list of found buggs or issues (dunno how to call 'em) I have found after updating to Lolipop 5.1 (Emui 3.1,B308) from KitKat 4.4.2 (Emui 3.0 B127) :

1: No more LTE CAT 6 option under "moble network settings", dissapeared completely
    2: "Motion control" option under settings doesnt work anymore, it just opens a blank white page
    3: No more "tilt phone" to change position of a dial pad or "buttons", u must now press on the "multi task" button and swipe to right or left to change its position
    4:
    No more "swipe from left corner of screen" to just open "notifications" or "swipe from right corner of sreen to open just "shortcuts"
    Now when u swipe from whichever side of top screen opens same page, which is "shortcuts"
    5: "Battery" option under settings is not anymore powered with a cool "image" of battery which shows u a lot of cool stuff and options, now it just shows
    "remaining battery percentage - turn on / turn off"
    "charging (AC) or "on battery XX:XXh)
    "Battery usage data not available".
    6: No more 1GB free Ram memory like on KitKat 4.4.2, now u get 800MB on Clean phone, and 600MB after u download ur apps like fb, whatsapp, etc etc
    7: The most important one YOU CANT GO BACK TO KitKat 4.4.2 B127 !
    Whenever i try to update or rollback error appears
    8 The DTS sound mode (u can use it on video or music playback) Doesnt work anymore too

This is the list of "stuff" i found since i updated to lolipop on my M7 two weeks ago
    Can someone tell me if this is same on every device or it may just be me ?
    Can it be that i downloaded some "screwed up" beta version of lolipop that makes this stuff dissapear-appear ?

Please reply your opinions and thoughts here, i am desperate searching for answers since Huawei support service dont give a damn