• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

How To Install Magisk On Poco X3 NFC ?

Search This thread

metaxda

Apr 19, 2018
I've unlocked bootloaders, installed Magisk and installed plenty of custom ROMs on different phones,
but this Poco X3 NFC has been just a bit 'annoying' from the beginning (ie. I had to try many different ways * before ability to 'register' for unlocking the bootloader, and then had to wait 7-days to actually do that )

Now, I just want to know how to get Magisk working ?

Currently I'm on MiUI ROM (but I will install AICP or CrDroid, in a few days),
and trying to install Magisk on this now.

I've got TWRP installed but Magisk doesn't have flashable .ZIPs,
because Magisk has moved to the .APK manager now.

So, in Magisk Manager, it asks me to patch a file, but which file would this be ?

How to get Magisk v23 installed on this Android 11-based MiUI ROM ?

Thanks.

I had to:
- register a Xiaomi account (this must be logged on the phone)
- put in a SIM card, with data activated (this must be enabled, to get the Xiaomi account working)
- send a SMS, to verify the number (Xiaomi checks/logs/records multiple levels of my identity)
- download a Xiaomi tool to unlock the bootloader (Xiaomi's tool did not work & I had to find one, from Github (and XDA) )

I have unlocked bootloaders on Samsung, Motorola, Oneplus, Asus … and Xiaomi is the most annoying, intrusive and cumbersome unlocking.

stephtban

Apr 30, 2010
Toulouse
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Honor 8
I've unlocked bootloaders, installed Magisk and installed plenty of custom ROMs on different phones,
but this Poco X3 NFC has been just a bit 'annoying' from the beginning (ie. I had to try many different ways * before ability to 'register' for unlocking the bootloader, and then had to wait 7-days to actually do that )

So, in Magisk Manager, it asks me to patch a file, but which file would this be ?

Thanks.

I had to:
- put in a SIM card, with data activated (this must be enabled, to get the Xiaomi account working)
- send a SMS, to verify the number (Xiaomi checks/logs/records multiple levels of my identity)
- download a Xiaomi tool to unlock the bootloader (Xiaomi's tool did not work & I had to find one, from Github (and XDA) )

I have unlocked bootloaders on Samsung, Motorola, Oneplus, Asus … and Xiaomi is the most annoying, intrusive and cumbersome unlocking.
You just have to rename magisk.apk to magisk.zip and flash it via TWRP without wiping cache

Reactions: metaxda

metaxda

Apr 19, 2018
Moreover, latest TWRP build from brigudav can do it for you -- look at "Advanced" options...

Very good.
Yes, thank you.
I tried this and it was easy,
ie. to go into TWRP (by Brigudav) --> Advanced Options --> Install Magisk

Simple and effective.

My next issue then, was finding out,
that in TWRP, if I wanted to install TWRP.img (in phone's storage) ,
all files/folders in SDCARD were "encrypted" but I don't have lockscreen or PIN pattern turned on.

What causes this 'encryption' ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moreover, latest TWRP build from brigudav can do it for you -- look at "Advanced" options...

Thanks.

I had to:

You just have to rename magisk.apk to magisk.zip and flash it via TWRP without wiping cache
    Same here, it's the default on recent Android systems, it seems -- and can also be checked by entering the following in a terminal:

$ getprop | grep encrypt