[How-To] Install Oreo OTA! [T-Mobile]

Search This thread

joemossjr

Feb 14, 2011
Texas City Texas
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
*DON'T FLASH BACK TO NOUGAT IF YOU ENJOY USING YOUR PHONE*
Ok guys ive made my return and im happy to bring the oreo ota with me.!

Steps to install if your on a rom.
1. Use this flash all link Here
2. After finished and setup your going to need a pc and sideload knowledge
3. Download these ota files
Latest August https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OhWZPTWcuo7zRu9bjiezjKEZxreOk6v7/view OREO
4. Get your phone into recovery mode.
4.a the file is gonna have a lot of letters please do not rename or it wont work
4.b before you get into recovery you will see a dead Android. This IS normal. Your going to want to hold power and push volume up. It's a split second kinda thing. Not something you guys forever. Hot that a few times if it doesn't work the first time.
5 your going to want to go to in recovery to apply update via adb for the August one
6. run the command adb sideload (now drag the file to the command prompt and press enter)
7 if all good you will see a verifiying update the step 1/2 when you see that your fine.
8 Let it do its thing and at the end you may see and error about a drive disregard that.
9 now follow steps 4-7 again but with Oreo ota
10 reboot your system and now you should have oreo!

If your stock locked and never been cocked you can try to install the same method above without using the flash all and if it works congrats if not unlock your bootloader and use the method above.

if any help is needed contact me @ joemossjr16@gmail.com

HOW TO ROOT
1. DOWNLOAD THIS. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zz3Fl9m4-_ozWW1U3ww_e6K_cHPPEMSv/view?usp=drivesdk
2. FASTBOOT BOOT OR FLASH IT RUNNING "FASTBOOT BOOT /PATH/TO/BOOT.IMG" OR FASTBOOT FLASH /PATH/TO/BOOT.IMG
3. REBOOT AND PROFIT.

TWRP 3.2.1-0 Bootable and Permanent
Bootable Fastboot boot this *ONLY FOR OREO*
*Permanent is broken* Use boot able

Unencryption for oreo
Encryption Remover *FOR OREO ONLY*
*Must format then flash*

OREO FLASH ALL OREO *YOU CAN ONLY FLASH THIS AFTER YOU HAVE TAKEN THE OTA* *IF YOU FLASH THIS AND YOU HAVENT AND YOUR PHONE BLOWS UP PLEASE VIDEO IT SO I CAN POST IT ON HERE AND SHOW WHAT NOT TO DO*

Thank to @XirXes for the ota files

Last edited:

joemossjr

Feb 14, 2011
Texas City Texas
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Screenies

Here you go

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171228-231627.png
    Screenshot_20171228-231627.png
    251 KB · Views: 3,269
  • Screenshot_20171228-231636.png
    Screenshot_20171228-231636.png
    168 KB · Views: 3,285

Amd4life

Dec 30, 2010
wow you are FAST. awesome work for those that did not get the notification. Can you go "back" to 7.1.1 if desired for whatever reason?

jhofseth

Feb 27, 2016
Seattle, Washington
can someone please pull a system backup not image? i have a twrp that you can boot not flash and pull the stuff

I could, do you have the TWRP link?

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

What I wanted to do was boot slot _b rooted 7.1.1 and copy slot _a stock Oreo, but it nagged me about potentially bricking in fastboot after fastboot set_active _b (i.e., due to invalid bootloader, etc.). A bootable TWRP straight to recovery would solve the issue. All I wanted to do was get a copy of Oreo boot_a, but adb as non-root user does not have permission to dd copy /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot_a . So, yay for bootable TWRP! :)

Shiro12

Jul 3, 2016
HTC One (M8)
HTC One (M9)
Unable to flash update

For whatever reason i'm unable to flash the update, and i'm currently left with a soft-bricked device. When trying to flash the update via recovery gives me

Code:
E:failed to unmount /
E:failed to set up expected mounts for install; aborting
failed to open driver control: no such file or directory
installation aborted

also when selecting install from ADB it says

Code:
Supported API: 3
stopping adbd...

is there something i can do to remedy this??

forgot to mention that yes i did install the first package and properly executed the flashall command from the first zip folder, and i did try sideloading the second package as it was and as an update.zip file to no success.

Last edited:

joemossjr

Feb 14, 2011
Texas City Texas
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
For whatever reason i'm unable to flash the update, and i'm currently left with a soft-bricked device. When trying to flash the update via recovery gives me

also when selecting install from ADB it says

is there something i can do to remedy this??

forgot to mention that yes i did install the first package and properly executed the flashall command from the first zip folder, and i did try sideloading the second package as it was and as an update.zip file to no success.
Do you go completely stock?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *DON'T FLASH BACK TO NOUGAT IF YOU ENJOY USING YOUR PHONE*
    Ok guys ive made my return and im happy to bring the oreo ota with me.!

Steps to install if your on a rom.
    1. Use this flash all link Here
    2. After finished and setup your going to need a pc and sideload knowledge
    3. Download these ota files
    Latest August https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OhWZPTWcuo7zRu9bjiezjKEZxreOk6v7/view OREO
    4. Get your phone into recovery mode.
    4.a the file is gonna have a lot of letters please do not rename or it wont work
    4.b before you get into recovery you will see a dead Android. This IS normal. Your going to want to hold power and push volume up. It's a split second kinda thing. Not something you guys forever. Hot that a few times if it doesn't work the first time.
    5 your going to want to go to in recovery to apply update via adb for the August one
    6. run the command adb sideload (now drag the file to the command prompt and press enter)
    7 if all good you will see a verifiying update the step 1/2 when you see that your fine.
    8 Let it do its thing and at the end you may see and error about a drive disregard that.
    9 now follow steps 4-7 again but with Oreo ota
    10 reboot your system and now you should have oreo!

If your stock locked and never been cocked you can try to install the same method above without using the flash all and if it works congrats if not unlock your bootloader and use the method above.

if any help is needed contact me @ joemossjr16@gmail.com

HOW TO ROOT
    1. DOWNLOAD THIS. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zz3Fl9m4-_ozWW1U3ww_e6K_cHPPEMSv/view?usp=drivesdk
    2. FASTBOOT BOOT OR FLASH IT RUNNING "FASTBOOT BOOT /PATH/TO/BOOT.IMG" OR FASTBOOT FLASH /PATH/TO/BOOT.IMG
    3. REBOOT AND PROFIT.

TWRP 3.2.1-0 Bootable and Permanent
    Bootable Fastboot boot this *ONLY FOR OREO*
    *Permanent is broken* Use boot able

Unencryption for oreo
    *Must format then flash*

OREO FLASH ALL OREO *YOU CAN ONLY FLASH THIS AFTER YOU HAVE TAKEN THE OTA* *IF YOU FLASH THIS AND YOU HAVENT AND YOUR PHONE BLOWS UP PLEASE VIDEO IT SO I CAN POST IT ON HERE AND SHOW WHAT NOT TO DO*

Thank to @XirXes for the ota files
    OP's instructions have a few gaps so:

The following assumes you've already unlocked bootloader and rooted, if you haven't follow this thread

This will erase all app data and internal memory, backup anything you don't want to lose first

Getting Started:
    1. Download the following
    2. Boot into Fastboot - power down then press Power+VolDown for 2-3 seconds
    3. Install Flashall Zip
      • Extract Zip file
      • Open Command Prompt and change directory to extracted folder
      • Run Flashall batch file
    4. Boot to recovery
      • Boot to fastboot (Step 2)
      • Use Volume buttons to find the "Recovery" option then press the Power Button
      • You should see a dead Android
      • Press Power for 3 seconds then without letting go of Power press VolUp for another 3 seconds
      • Release both Power and VolUp
      • This make take a few attempts
      • Select "Install from adb"
    5. Installing First and Second
      • Move file First and Second to the Flashall folder
      • Open Command Prompt and change directory to the Flashall folder
      • run
        Code:
        adb sideload First
      • Once completed reboot then repeat Step 4
      • run
        Code:
        adb sideload Second
    6. Reboot and enjoy Oreo!

To root:
    1. Download Magisk root and move file to the Flashall folder
    2. Boot into Fastboot - power down then press Power+VolDown for 2-3 seconds
    3. Open Command Prompt and change directory to the Flashall folder
    4. run
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot magiskoreo.img
    5. Reboot
    6. Install Magisk Manager - Download link

Bootable TWRP, use if needed. DO NOT flash this to boot
    TWRP 3.2.1-0 Bootable - Oreo Only
    From fastboot run
    Code:
    fastboot boot BootableTWRP.img

I didn't use the following so I'm leaving them as is from the OP
    Unencryption for oreo
    *Must format then flash*

Thank to @XirXes for the ota files and @joemossjr for the OP
    Flash all has been added and you have been warned
    Added rooted magisk boot image
    There is no root available as of yet we need a boot image to get root once there is one we will have roms and root coming.