How to install playstore in to xiaomi mi 5

Supertitan

Aug 6, 2013
I connected it with USB Typ C port and send the apps to the device, after restarting it worked.
But downloading direct to the device didn't work.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 3 mit Tapatalk

FunkSpunk

Nov 1, 2015
Mumbai
Anyone managed to install Google contacts? Play store shows it as not compatible with your device.
You don't need to install Google contacts separately. Once you have Google Framework services installed and successfully signed into your Google account, go to Contacts settings > Display preferences > Configure contact lists and select Google as default.

p1nky

Aug 6, 2008
I have installed gapps but in build in contacts app is no account logged in and I can't getting error that my Google account is already used on the device

skoobee

Jul 3, 2013
Kirkcaldy
I have just got my phone and installed the google installer but i am getting lots of process stopped gapps , google play services etc.

Any ideas?

managed to get it working. Found a different installer on the web and used it.

Last edited:

p1nky

Aug 6, 2008
copied from the miui forums:
** FIX FOR Mi5 USERS WHO EXPERIENCED ISSUE WITH GOOGLE CONTACTS SYNC **

The version of Google Contacts Sync app that comes with the one touch Google Installer V2 app WILL NOT WORK with Mi5. This is because the older version of Google Contacts Sync app is not compatible with Marshmallow. You can download the updated version of the Google Contacts Sync app here:

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/goo ... droid-apk-download/

Follow these steps:

1) If there is an older version of Google Contacts Sync installed, uninstall it first.

2) Install the downloaded copy from the above link.

3) Go to Apps Permission and allow it to access your contacts.

4) Reboot phone

5) Go to Google Accounts in Settings and make sure contact sync is turned on.

6) U should have your contacts synced without facing any more process errors.

skoobee

Jul 3, 2013
Kirkcaldy
Having issues with calendar sync too. If I put an event on my tablet it appears fine on the mi5 but it doesn't work the other way round. Can someone check if theirs works please

TheUltrametricSpace

Aug 27, 2015
Tromso
No Sir, I did this process yesterday only it's available.
Also, I am not able to make Google now on tap work. In google app the option to enable it has been grayed out.
Can anyone help me with this.
I read on the MIUI forum that it's gone and checked the 5th time now. (See attached screenshots). There was a time when the google installer was in the MIUI Appstore but it's now gone.