Thanks for applications.
I tried to install Radio.apk on my cm7 ROM without any success ...:-(

Please help.
Thanks

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
what system apps are safe to remove from your phone?

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Barebones
here's a link that might help you decide what to get rid of.
but i would recommend doing a nandroid or bart backup first

also try using titanium backup to freeze an app first and see if it has negative side effects on your phone.

i made the mistake of uninstalling google talk when i first got into android, ouch! gtalk does more than you think for your phone!
remember if all else fails and you get rid of something important, just flash a new rom or new gapps and all is well:eek:

good luck!

kswaibk

Dec 9, 2011
harbin
easywebmart.com
If you have Applanet just go there and look for Systemapp Remover - it's a bit older version but seems to do the job.
ES file explore is free on the market and did the job very well for me, well atleast for placing files in system folder, however the radio is still not working on my Cyanogen7 LG optimus 2X whose radio link disappeared after upgrade.

markhoz_D10S

Apr 26, 2012
really nice, just what I was looking for since I just installed ICS on my captivate for the first time and needed to install astro file manager to get me going with everything else

****ing 5 stars post, thx a lot!

nganipcuy

Nov 26, 2011
Thx Bro! it's so usefull

I just delete my mms.apk
and I replace it with modifed app from other ROM

anyway

THANK YOU VERY MUCHOS!

[email protected]

May 17, 2012
need help on rooting G1..JUST FOR FUN

HI..need help on rooting G1...just for fun.Tried almost everything on youtube and other sites. cupcakes,and donuts and nothing seems to work. keeps aborting. Can't get back to 1.6 I'am stuck on 1.0 . It's 2012 and there are better things to do but, thought I do it for FUN. Can someone help please..
Thank You HAVE A NICE DAY:

akashakkiy

May 20, 2012
i m trying to install semcmusic.apk which is walkman music player
but this method is not working terminal is say that cannot create /system------------

n also sayin read only file

i tried to change permission through root explorer but still showin the same

plz help me

Tostis

Dec 23, 2009
I've succesfully copied the apk in system folder but i can't call an intent of this application. Is something more needed to install an application? I must modify packages.xml?

EuUa

Mar 21, 2013
Like the set of messages above my post begins with - "I've deleted my Usb.apk by mistake ":laugh: I've taken that apk file from my friend with the same system and done everything said above. No errors and no effect. I fill that above tip "Grab the contacts.apk from the rom you're running and push it back in." would be usefull but I don't get what "Grab the contacts.apk from the rom you're running...." mean. Could somebody explain if I can "grab" Usb.apk from my ROM or not?

zaryab360

May 11, 2013
City Of Lights
galaxyace2.weebly.com
Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 49 System Apps

Voice talk
8a2d4aac29216aeff9bc2c8613b6f51d.png

Gravador de voz
ef7a441083e5d43ea4c5df6991d0f824.png

Video Player
d3551b2d358ba7baedbb95ba755040a6.png

Samsung Galaxy launcher
fdb042dd7f30eebe5e0351b7f0414327.png

Swype
c6f3d090443ade4e76dc3f92ea572222.png

Stockage tlphone
20657fa90183fcdb6ae4d92b7e364d23.png

Task
75009287340560a72a8cb1b0dca0e33c.png

SIM Toolkit
15517875099738651a212c49abe5f91c.png

Samsung Push Service
c8c22daa0c32017ee43dfd2348cb893a.png

AND 40 OTHERS SYSTEM APPS

IF I HELPED YOU PLEASE HIT THANKS:good:

DOWNLOAD SYSTEM APPS ZIP:):):)

praderj

Jun 26, 2013
Bangalore
www.getcooltricks.com
problem

I,m new to xda.. I need help friends.. Unknowingly i removed google services framework.. i tried to reinstall it now its showing some error and its not getting installed.. whenever i click it it is showing thaa application not installed.. Without services none of the google apps works... Help me friends..

Hakim Rahman

Oct 28, 2010
in here
I,m new to xda.. I need help friends.. Unknowingly i removed google services framework.. i tried to reinstall it now its showing some error and its not getting installed.. whenever i click it it is showing thaa application not installed.. Without services none of the google apps works... Help me friends..
Do it via ADB, or you can remove and reinstall again with use Root Explore " device must be rooted "

Reactions: praderj

praderj

Jun 26, 2013
Bangalore
www.getcooltricks.com
done everything..

I looked all over xda... done all the methods... roorted... used root explorer... also tried installing it with commands using terminals... nothing worked... but the file is there.. can't able to install... when I installed it using command it showed an error that invallid certificate.. but I downloaded the apk from xda and extracted it from the gapp package.. nothing worked... help me friends...

Hakim Rahman

Oct 28, 2010
in here
I looked all over xda... done all the methods... roorted... used root explorer... also tried installing it with commands using terminals... nothing worked... but the file is there.. can't able to install... when I installed it using command it showed an error that invallid certificate.. but I downloaded the apk from xda and extracted it from the gapp package.. nothing worked... help me friends...
simply move the apk file to a folder on the phone memory (eg Data folder) then change his permission (eg = rw, r, r) as the existing apk file in the system folder, then you can move the apk file to the system to be replace apk file preexisting

Reactions: praderj

praderj

Jun 26, 2013
Bangalore
www.getcooltricks.com
tried everything.

I tried almost all methods i found.. I've already done what you said.. but no use.. So i unrooted my android and gave it for service by claiming warranty.. Thanks for your help @ Hakim Rahman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ########## IMPORTANT UPDATE ##########

There is an APP available that makes this much simpler

* No Console Commands Needed

* You still MUST HAVE ROOT

* It must be installed on internal memory to work correctly

* Be sure you know what a system app does before you remove it.

* If you remove a vital app you could mess up your system completely.

The APP is Called: "System APP Remover"

Here's a Link to Download it: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZFC2C1R7
    Mirror Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?h3n3ftbwilshcvn

######################################

Here are the console commands for installing/removing system apps in android console emulator, very easy ; )

You must have ROOT and console emulator, I found this very helpful, so I hope it helps others as well...
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    Install App to System:

Place APK file in the root folder on your sd card.

Open terminal and enter these commands:

# su
    # mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    # cat /sdcard/filename.apk > /system/app/filename.apk
    # mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    # reboot
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    Remove App from System (Be careful what you remove):

# mount -o remount,rw /system
    # rm /system/app/Filename.apk

[Optional, to make read-only again]
    # mount -o remount,r /system

[When Finished]
    # reboot

****KEY****
    "#" means root command will follow
    [Notes are in these brackets and aren't commands]

- ENJOY

ALSO...

**** I'm new to Android APP creation, but if anyone can automate this script to make a simple One-Click GUI APP that would be awesome, all I ask is that you put my name in the co-dev/"Thanks to" list for the app, just so I can say I helped ;-) ****

- CuriousAndroid
    Awesome!

########## IMPORTANT UPDATE ##########

There is an APP available that makes this much simpler

* No Console Commands Needed

* You still MUST HAVE ROOT

* It must be installed on internal memory to work correctly

* Be sure you know what a system app does before you remove it.

* If you remove a vital app you could mess up your system completely.

The APP is Called: "System APP Remover"

Here's a Link to Download it: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZFC2C1R7
    Mirror Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?h3n3ftbwilshcvn

######################################

Here are the console commands for installing/removing system apps in android console emulator, very easy ; )

You must have ROOT and console emulator, I found this very helpful, so I hope it helps others as well...
    Install App to System:

Place APK file in the root folder on your sd card.

Open terminal and enter these commands:

# su
    # mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    # cat /sdcard/filename.apk > /system/app/filename.apk
    # mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    # reboot
    Remove App from System (Be careful what you remove):

# mount -o remount,rw /system
    # rm /system/app/Filename.apk

[Optional, to make read-only again]
    # mount -o remount,r /system

[When Finished]
    # reboot

****KEY****
    "#" means root command will follow
    [Notes are in these brackets and aren't commands]

- ENJOY

ALSO...

**** I'm new to Android APP creation, but if anyone can automate this script to make a simple One-Click GUI APP that would be awesome, all I ask is that you put my name in the co-dev/"Thanks to" list for the app, just so I can say I helped ;) ****

- CuriousAndroid

Thanks for that, really helpful, also there is this very neat app that can do almost everything app related given you are rooted (ROM Toolbox Pro)

anyone can check it out, although I'm sure most of you already know it (well worth buying the Pro version)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...EsImNvbS5qcnVtbXkubGliZXJ0eS50b29sYm94cHJvIl0.

All the best!
    It will work. Check the following:

* All shell commands are CASE-sensitive, so if the app is called Vending.apk you can't type vending.apk

* for the command to work you must have the apk on the root of your SDcard, not in sub-directories.

* if you have a copy of the rom you installed you can unzip it on your PC and find the system app folder, which you can use to cross-refference with the system/app folder on your phone to see if your missing something else.

in terminal you can list system apps like this:

# su
    # cd /system/app/
    # ls | more

[that will allow you hit space bar to navigate through app list if it's longer than a page,press ESC when done to go back to prompt]

* If all else fails you can backup your settings to your sd card and re-install your rom (as a last resort)

-Good Luck
    yaffs is nand flash filesystem
    yaffs2 is more elaborate updated version
    yaff2 has greater support
    so if your device isnt supported by yaffs1, it may not work.
    it's best to follow the commands as they're written.

apps still appear as apks in system/apps folder after installation.
    Do it via ADB, or you can remove and reinstall again with use Root Explore " device must be rooted "