HOW TO INSTALL TWRP/ORANGEFOX RECOVERY WITHOUT UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER IN OPPO F9 PRO

Search This thread

armankang

Apr 14, 2021
I am using an OPPO F9 pro , OPPO devices(at least mine) does not have fastboot mode as the manufacturers have given no access for that ,the "OEM unlocking" option under developer options is literally useless as it is basically not possible to unlock its bootloader.

My aim actually is to install a custom ROM using any of those recoveries , if anyone can help me regrading how to install any of these recoveries without unlocking the bootloader please help me if that is possible to do so without OEM unlock ,btw my device has mediatek chipset.

I have already set all other prerequisites like ADB ,drivers, USB drivers for my phone etc ; and i am able to use ADB bridge to control my device using my pc.

All i want to know that is there any way by which we can install custom recovery given that the phone does not have any "bootloader/fastboot" mode which indirectly also means that there is no OEM unlock access.

I would again like to clarify that i am 100% sure that it is impossible for most OPPO phones to enter fastboot mode ,i have tried to enter fastboot mode using ADB commands(adb reboot bootloader) and that power + volume up/down after power off ,nothing works for in my OPPO phone that allows me to use fastboot mode.
At last ,i have also asked from OPPO service ,they clearly told me that there is no bootloader in oppo devices
I AM REALLY STRESSED RIGHT NOW AS MY STOCK ROM SUCKS SO ANY HELP WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATED.:):):):):)

Reactions: Failani Pontianak

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
I am using an OPPO F9 pro , OPPO devices(at least mine) does not have fastboot mode as the manufacturers have given no access for that ,the "OEM unlocking" option under developer options is literally useless as it is basically not possible to unlock its bootloader.

My aim actually is to install a custom ROM using any of those recoveries , if anyone can help me regrading how to install any of these recoveries without unlocking the bootloader please help me if that is possible to do so without OEM unlock ,btw my device has mediatek chipset.

I have already set all other prerequisites like ADB ,drivers, USB drivers for my phone etc ; and i am able to use ADB bridge to control my device using my pc.

All i want to know that is there any way by which we can install custom recovery given that the phone does not have any "bootloader/fastboot" mode which indirectly also means that there is no OEM unlock access.

I would again like to clarify that i am 100% sure that it is impossible for most OPPO phones to enter fastboot mode ,i have tried to enter fastboot mode using ADB commands(adb reboot bootloader) and that power + volume up/down after power off ,nothing works for in my OPPO phone that allows me to use fastboot mode.
At last ,i have also asked from OPPO service ,they clearly told me that there is no bootloader in oppo devices
I AM REALLY STRESSED RIGHT NOW AS MY STOCK ROM SUCKS SO ANY HELP WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATED.:):):):):)
You can not flash anything custom without first unlocking the bootloader, there is no way to do this.

Yes, there are devices out there that have TWRP even though the device has a locked bootloader, it is tricky to explain but most of these devices do not truly have TWRP installed in the traditional manner. They merely use some kind of trick or code to trick the device into booting TWRP from a secondary location instead of booting stock recovery from the stock recovery partition.

Reactions: armankang

franta0

Apr 15, 2021

Simple answer: You can't. And if you unlock the bootloader and flash a custom recovery, DON'T TRY TO LOCK IT BACK! It will brick your phone badly.

franta0

Apr 15, 2021

Have you tried looking at indian tutorial videos? I can't tell if that's going to work, since I have no experience with OPPO phones, but this one seems interesting.

Austinredstoner

Feb 3, 2021
Redmi Note 10 Pro

U can't install orangefox recovery on a oppo device
As u can see their not s single oppo device that support for oppo so you're out of luck
But u can install twrp recovery on a oppo device if you're in luck but u need to unlock bootloader

armankang

Apr 14, 2021
Have you tried looking at indian tutorial videos? I can't tell if that's going to work, since I have no experience with OPPO phones, but this one seems interesting.
maybe that video works for realme devices but all the videos(only except 3 or 4 oppo phones those have fastboot mode given by manufacturer) in which they tell the way to unlock bootloader for oppo devices are fake except for those few i already told, although the process for different brand phones are quite same.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Simple answer: You can't. And if you unlock the bootloader and flash a custom recovery, DON'T TRY TO LOCK IT BACK! It will brick your phone badly.

You can not flash anything custom without first unlocking the bootloader, there is no way to do this.

Yes, there are devices out there that have TWRP even though the device has a locked bootloader, it is tricky to explain but most of these devices do not truly have TWRP installed in the traditional manner. They merely use some kind of trick or code to trick the device into booting TWRP from a secondary location instead of booting stock recovery from the stock recovery partition.

U can't install orangefox recovery on a oppo device
    As u can see their not s single oppo device that support for oppo so you're out of luck
    But u can install twrp recovery on a oppo device if you're in luck but u need to unlock bootloader