• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question How to install TWRP recovery on Xperia 1 III?

Search This thread

PandaEirfan118

Feb 21, 2018
Honor 7X
NOPE. DON'T EVER THINK OF FLASHING XPERIA 1 II RECOVERY TO XPERIA 1 III. Both have different hardware, so flashing Xperia 1 II TWRP to Xperia 1 III will most likely to soft brick your phone and you will lose all your data.
And for the Xperia 1 III TWRP, I haven't found one. I don't even own the phone, but if you want, I can tell you if I found one.

jimbo77

Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala

Attachments

• IMG_20211129_184708.jpg
    IMG_20211129_184708.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 51

jimbo77

Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Guatemala
Have you had anymore progress with this? Is there anything I could help with?

None so far. Sony documentation on new 5.4 Kernel is lame honestly and I have been able to boot twrp, touch works (yay) but the kernel needs further drivers enabled to make it work with booted Android as well since I haven't found a way to flash twrp kernel only to twrp and not the whole boot partition.

Reactions: Hippie459MN

Hippie459MN

I wonder if it has to do with the A and B partition. Have to flash it to each partition separately... I dont know, I'm just thinking out loud. I have never done any recovery dev myself so its pretty foreign to me. I know when I had to flash my patched boot image I had to flash it to both the A and B partition.

Hopefully you, or someone can figure it out. I would love to have a good working custom recovery. Thats the only thing holding this phone back for me. lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do we know if the TWRP is even working on a version for 1 III?

I am trying to make one. So far it boots but I need to work on the kernel to make the touchscreen driver work :)
    Have you had anymore progress with this? Is there anything I could help with?

None so far. Sony documentation on new 5.4 Kernel is lame honestly and I have been able to boot twrp, touch works (yay) but the kernel needs further drivers enabled to make it work with booted Android as well since I haven't found a way to flash twrp kernel only to twrp and not the whole boot partition.