[How to] Install unlock bootloader for A100/A101

Search This thread

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
I have a another bear:

I get a tablet from a friend with a problem that the tab not boot.
It stuck on the green acer logo with the message on the left upper corner:

"Bootloader version 0.03.06-ics (unlock mode)"

And nothing happens.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When i go in the recovery with holding the buttons i get this message:

"Bootloader version 0.03.06-ics (unlock mode)
Erasing cache before sd update...

Sd update cmd: recovery
--update_package=SDCARD: update.zip

Booting recovery kernel image"

And nothing happens.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question: Is it bricked?
It locks like the recovery kernel image is corrupt?
I try to install by rename a custom rom to update.zip to install them with holding the buttons but nothing happend.

Is there help or can be disposed of it right? :silly:

Remove all update.zip files or it'll bypass cwm and twrp and they to run it which may be happening now, it will only work on official packages, not custom ROMs.

In fact, remove the SD card completely and they to boot recovery and report back if its cwm or twrp or stock recovery. If its stock then fast boot a recovery onto it. He may have attempted to install a stock ROM which causes these kinds of issues and tends to lock the device out.

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA - ReVolt

frischeis

Apr 8, 2013
Remove all update.zip files or it'll bypass cwm and twrp and they to run it which may be happening now, it will only work on official packages, not custom ROMs.

In fact, remove the SD card completely and they to boot recovery and report back if its cwm or twrp or stock recovery. If its stock then fast boot a recovery onto it. He may have attempted to install a stock ROM which causes these kinds of issues and tends to lock the device out.

Thanks for response!

The big big problem is I do not come into the recovery.

It depends on the green acer logo with this message on the screen:

Bootloader version 0.03.06-ics (unlock mode)

Booting recovery kernel image

and nothing happend....and i cannot boot to android.

When i want to boot android it depends too with the green acer logo and this message:

Any ideas?

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az

Yeah, do what I said, remove the sd card. It's bypassing any attempt at recovery because its sitting there trying to run update.zip, which is NOT what you want it doing right now. Eject the card, then try recovery again. Don't even think about booting android yet, get recovery working FIRST then you can worry about the rest.

If it boots recovery without the sd card, then do what I said, again, and delete anything that says update.zip on that card, then report back and we can move on to the next step.

frischeis

Apr 8, 2013
Recovery will not load!

Thats the big problem!

SD card is out of tab.

I get the message as in the previous post:

Thats the problem...

Last edited:

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Recovery will not load!

Thats the big problem!

SD card is out of tab.

I get the message as in the previous post:

Thats the problem...

OK you never said you did it, just said what had said before. Is fast boot still an option? Boot holding the other volume button down, I think its the one furthest from the power button, volume down in portrait. Been awhile, just use the other volume instead.

frischeis

Apr 8, 2013
Sorry for the misunderstanding pio.

Yes i find out the option with fast boot.

Now i flash via windows 7 terminal the CWM recovery.img.

Thats realy great it works :good: !!!!!!!!!!!

Now i have finally cwm recovery!!!!!

BUT:

I try to flash a custom rom from sd card but i get an error:

-- Installing: /sdcard/update.zip
E: cant mount /cache/recovery/last_install
E:failed to open last_install: No such file or directory
Finding update package...
E:Cant mount /sdcard/update.zip
Installation aborted.

I get other errors when i try for example: wipe date, factory reset, wipe cache, etc_____E:cant mount.......

What is the next working step?

Thanks for your help____you are the man!!!!!!!!!

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Sorry for the misunderstanding pio.

Yes i find out the option with fast boot.

Now i flash via windows 7 terminal the CWM recovery.img.

Thats realy great it works :good: !!!!!!!!!!!

Now i have finally cwm recovery!!!!!

BUT:

I try to flash a custom rom from sd card but i get an error:

-- Installing: /sdcard/update.zip
E: cant mount /cache/recovery/last_install
E:failed to open last_install: No such file or directory
Finding update package...
E:Cant mount /sdcard/update.zip
Installation aborted.

I get other errors when i try for example: wipe date, factory reset, wipe cache, etc_____E:cant mount.......

What is the next working step?

Thanks for your help____you are the man!!!!!!!!!

If its throwing mount errors all over the place then its bricking sorry to say.

frischeis

Apr 8, 2013
I think the fight is pointless.

Last idea:

Would the stock bootloader works?

After flash that I could install stock rom "update.zip"?

Or is that thinking for nothing??

I'm giving up slowly ....

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
I think the fight is pointless.

Last idea:

Would the stock bootloader works?

After flash that I could install stock rom "update.zip"?

Or is that thinking for nothing??

I'm giving up slowly ....

Same thing, no partitions to flash to, or read from, and putting the stock boot loader on now would lock the device up and brick it anyways.

Reactions: Romman0

frischeis

Apr 8, 2013
Cool to now that i can flash different recoverys.

All recoverys cwm, twrp, stock recovery works good.

But.....yes no chance to install any os system...............

That sucks!!!!!

Now the tab is an instance of the trash ..........unfortunately :eek: .

Thanks again pio for your help!!

lejurassien40

Oct 9, 2011
péta-ou-chnock
unlock bootloader

Can i use this method (unlock bootloader) whith iconia A100 on jelly bean (root with this tread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40000273#post40000273 ????
And i would like to install CWM and i don't found anything for jelly bean....

j9.png

thank you very much and excuse my poor english:silly:

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az

lejurassien40

Oct 9, 2011
péta-ou-chnock
ouppss

That's not an A100, don't flash or use anything in this section!

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA - Carbon

oops! and yet oops, trying to install cwm I used acer recovery install and I checked installed cwm 1.3.4 (made ​​a backup of the recovery image before) and then reboot.
But the tab reboot the acer logo (normal) then "iconia" and it no longer advance!
I think I broke the boot ... how can I do to get out?
I can not run adb command as the boot is not finished.
But I can use the recovery and adb sideload.
Thank you for your help ..

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
oops! and yet oops, trying to install cwm I used acer recovery install and I checked installed cwm 1.3.4 (made ​​a backup of the recovery image before) and then reboot.
But the tab reboot the acer logo (normal) then "iconia" and it no longer advance!

You really need to go to your device section, you don't have an a100. I don't think anyone here has what you have, I don't know what's available for your device, but for starters try a factory reset in cwm, if that doesn't work you'll want to try flashing a ROM and see if it goes.

Tapatalked from my HTC DNA - Carbon

Reactions: Romman0

Eudemony

Mar 16, 2012
Adelaide

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2240029

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk HD

choudhary i

Apr 23, 2013
zen ultratab custom firmware/rom

dear sir,
can here anyone will tell me how to install any bootloader on ZEN ultra tab A100 and how to star it in that mode.... any key combinations ? volum buttons power on button combination is not working as well i tried them for hard time, any geniuse person here can solve my problem ???
thanks
inform me FB.com/sheikh.rameez.56

I got a custom firmware for zen ultratab a100 it is fully working and it is 4.2

jreink01

Jun 27, 2012
Saginaw
If there is anyone that can help me ASAP, I would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to unlock bootloader and install recovery. I downloaded the fastboot file, double clicked on the inst eng, then 2 icons popped up on my tablet. I tried pressing the vol buttons but nothing happens. On my tablet it says fastboot canceled by user or timeout, none of the buttons will respond, even the power button. How do I get out of this, PLEASE HELP

chicinwang

Jan 3, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
If there is anyone that can help me ASAP, I would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to unlock bootloader and install recovery. I downloaded the fastboot file, double clicked on the inst eng, then 2 icons popped up on my tablet. I tried pressing the vol buttons but nothing happens. On my tablet it says fastboot canceled by user or timeout, none of the buttons will respond, even the power button. How do I get out of this, PLEASE HELP

To do this you almost need ESP!
It took me twice to get it, you need to have your finger on the button. It's nothing with the files nor pc. You just gotta be quick.

Sent from my SCH-R760X using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

WARNING - If it works on your device, be careful, as with an unlocked bootloader you can brick you tab faster than you can imagine.

How to:
    0. It has been tested on the A100 ICS firmware. This bootloader doesn't work with HC firmware.
    1. The tablet should be already rooted and charged more than on 30 %. Сonnect the tablet to the computer and power on.
    2. Download this archive. Unpack it to any place.
    3. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file:
    for windows with the rights of administrator
    Code:
    install-eng.bat
    for Linux with the rights of root
    Code:
    bash ./btl-a200.sh
    4. Wait. The tab will show a screen with two icons. One for lock and on for unlock. I used the volume down to highlight the one I wanted and the volume up select it.

Then you have to reboot, using, for example, this command:
    Code:
    sudo fastboot reboot-bootloader

And you'll get the message on the screen when it comes up in fastboot mode.

Code:
    "Bootloader v0.03.06-ICS(UnlockMode): Starting Fastboot USB download protocol"

It's unlocked and available for fastboot flashing, etc.
    ---
    For return original bootloader:
    Code:
    bash ./btl-a100.sh

PS: After unlocking bootloader there is a noncritical distortions of the picture at a stage of initial loading.
    ok i did get back to it it seemed to go thru, when i got to the sudo reboot part it said sudo unreconized command but on tab screen it just said to reboot so i powered off and back on seems to be working tab rebooted is there anyway to check it

Sudo is a linux thing, windows won't know what it is. If your script is using sudo then its the linux version.

Not sure what you mean to check, if you mean it did the process for unlocking (the screen with two icons) then you can check on the acer screen, upper left, in white text, will say bootloader whatever version (unlock mode). If it doesn't say (unlock mode) then it's not unlocked. It'll probably say something like bootloader 03.06 ICS (unlock mode). If it says 03.06 ICS but no unlock mode, or locked, you'll need to pass the command for it:
    adb reboot bootloader
    once the usb download whatever screen appears
    fastboot oem unlock
    quickly hit volume - then volume +
    You have got to be quick, its like a half second window
    once thats done enter
    fastboot reboot
    and the tab will reboot.

Thats basically the manual way of doing it once the a200 bootloader has been pushed in the previous portion of the script.
    my concern is that using the update.zip without the correct bootloader could keep the tablet from booting up. Anybody out there know this for sure?

I successfully downgraded my A101 from leaked A100 ICS back to stock A101 HC using standard decrypted update.zip (Acer_A101_0.000.00_2.004.01_EMEA_GB.zip).
    So if you restore the A100 locked bootloader first you should be fine with downgrading to HC.
    oh nice! I assume, if you could use the a500 patched bootloader as well, yes? That one is actually the same version as the A100 ics bootloader.

Thanks for the script.
    Original article is published on this site and created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru).

WARNING - If it works on your device, be careful, as with an unlocked bootloader you can brick you tab faster than you can imagine.

How to:
    0. It has been tested on the A100 ICS firmware. This bootloader doesn't work with HC firmware.
    1. The tablet should be already rooted and charged more than on 30 %. Сonnect the tablet to the computer and power on.
    2. Download this archive. Unpack it to any place.
    3. Open the directory with the unpacked archive. Execute file:
    for windows with the rights of administrator
    Code:
    install-eng.bat
    Code:
    bash ./btl-a200.sh
    4. Wait. The tab will show a screen with two icons. One for lock and on for unlock. I used the volume down to highlight the one I wanted and the volume up select it.

Then you have to reboot, using, for example, this command:
    Code:
    sudo fastboot reboot-bootloader

And you'll get the message on the screen when it comes up in fastboot mode.

Code:
    "Bootloader v0.03.06-ICS(UnlockMode): Starting Fastboot USB download protocol"

It's unlocked and available for fastboot flashing, etc.
    ---
    For return original bootloader:
    Code:
    bash ./btl-a100.sh

PS: After unlocking bootloader there is a noncritical distortions of the picture at a stage of initial loading.
    Seems like the link its down, I'll be really thankful if u can put ir online again, since I look everywhere for that file and can't find it. Thanks a lot!