[How-To] Install Xposed Firmware without Custom Recovery

Search This thread

Vlasp

Mar 18, 2012
Plano, Texas
Now that we have Root, we have access to many more things, one being Xposed. Xposed is a firmware that lets you customize your device even more than with root alone.
This guide has been adapted from this guide: http://www.andromods.com/apps-mod/easy-install-lollipop-xposed-framework-without-twrp-cwm-recovery.html
  1. Download the xposed files from here: Latest Lollipop ARM Xposed and Material Design Xposed App (Unofficial)
  2. Sign up for beta for FlashFire here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/eu.chainfire.flash
  3. Download FlashFire
  4. Grant superuser to FlashFire
  5. Press the "+" in the bottom right corner.
  6. Choose “Flash ZIP or OTA” menu, and keep the “Auto-mount” option unchecked then tap checkmark icon to continue.
  7. Choose the zip you downloaded.
  8. Press the lightning button to start
  9. Wait for it to finish and reboot
  10. Install the apk.
  11. Profit
Hope that helps!

Last edited:

tonyt3rry

Dec 28, 2010
Liverpool
Have you installed any modules or jiusat installed the framework in preparation

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

cryophil

Jul 2, 2010
This is great for Swype enhancements, to replace that awful amazon keyboard, and for Pandora Patcher.

Thanks

Reactions: kgirlx

Ownster

Oct 9, 2013
Richmond
It worked great, took a bit to install though, it displayed Fire installing update for a bit but that's normal, anyways the guide worked perfectly.

Vlasp

Mar 18, 2012
Plano, Texas
I've got the YouTube ad away, Google play store changelog, boot manager, YouTube background playback.

All working. Need to try greenify, gravitybox, wanam exposed, but fear incompatibility...

Gravitybox LP works for most things, and on the things it does not work on, those don't brick the device. I think Gravitybox is safe to use. Haven't tried Wanam Exposed or Greenify.

Reactions: Diomorgan

patt2k

Mar 22, 2009
can anyone try APM+ if it works? I didn't root the tab yet but planning on to later.

a1yet

Feb 16, 2011
can you help me ?
i cant get playstore to recognize my fire in any browser (playstore app works fine)
but this means i cant use your link to get " FlashFire"
can u upload it here so i can download it please ?

Top Liked Posts