• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question How to keep stay app alive?

Search This thread

miki171

Oct 17, 2021
OnePlus 9
I have a problem with the killing watch app on my OnePlus 9 phone. Every morning my watch is disconnected and I must run Huawei Health app. I tried looking for how to resolve it but nothing helps me. For example https://dontkillmyapp.com/oneplus.
This is my first OnePlus 9 phone. I'll be grateful for any advice
Thank you so much
Majk

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have a problem with the killing watch app on my OnePlus 9 phone. Every morning my watch is disconnected and I must run Huawei Health app. I tried looking for how to resolve it but nothing helps me. For example https://dontkillmyapp.com/oneplus.
This is my first OnePlus 9 phone. I'll be grateful for any advice
Thank you so much
Majk
I had to do this same thing. Click recent pages; far right navigation button off home screen. Long press the app you want to keep running. Hit lock like in illustration. My watch stays connected always unless far away.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211017-084739.jpg
    Screenshot_20211017-084739.jpg
    571.1 KB · Views: 30

dotuletz

Jan 9, 2012
OnePlus 9
Settings - Apps and notifications - Special App access - Battery Optimisation - find your app and choose Don't Optimise.
Also in Battery Optimisation at top right side you have a menu with 3 dots for Advanced Optimisation, choose settings as you wish

Giocarro

Dec 11, 2012
All the above, plus grant to the app permanent location access privilege: this did the trick for me with Huawei Health app.

miki171

Oct 17, 2021
OnePlus 9
There is in the pictures my settings. I don't know what is wrong, but it isn't working. It is very annoying. The second app which doesn't work is Aquamail. Notification doesn't work after some time. I think I did everything. When I start the apps there is some delay (it works) and after that notification or connection is lost. On the other hand, I have installed MS Outlook and there is no problem.
Screenshot_20211026-053551.jpg
Screenshot_20211026-053633.jpg
Screenshot_20211026-053640.jpg
IMG_20211026_063637.jpg

{Mod edit: Spoiler added for better reading and scrolling experience}

Last edited by a moderator:

miki171

Oct 17, 2021
OnePlus 9
Thanks for your advertisement. Would be better to tell me how did you resolve the problem...
With some apps like Microsoft Outlook for Android, I don't have a problem. With Huawei Health and Aquamail, I have problems. Trust me, I still looking for a solution.

Thanks for your advertisement. Would be better to tell me how did you resolve the problem...
With some apps like Microsoft Outlook for Android, I don't have a problem. With Huawei Health and Aquamail, I have problems. Trust me, I still looking for a solution.
Advertisement is gone. I suggest to consider to simply report such posts in future to allow us to eliminate them immediately. XDA currently has 3.5+M threads with 78M+ posts. Unless we receive support by the XDA users and their reports a timely action is not always guaranteed as our small moderator team can't permanently monitor all threads and posts. The deleted post was also reported by another user. Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards
Oswald Boelcke
Senior Moderator